News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

When is the last time you saw a 66-74 Charger "in the wild?"

Started by bull, April 12, 2006, 01:53:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigred68

Hey! Thats in Cuyahoga Falls!! I got a pic of the Chally several months ago.  :2thumbs: If I'd had known that guy was a MoPar guy I'd spent more time at his shop, (I think he was there) and talked D'English with him!! (Dodge English). BTW, those are nice Chargers, guess I'm headin' up Route 8 this weekend!!  :2thumbs:

Sorry guys, I do know this is a Charger only thread.
:cheers:

bull

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on September 08, 2009, 01:31:55 AM
Quote from: bull on September 04, 2009, 08:54:24 PM
Saw this one today near the Oregon state fairgrounds in Salem.

I think that's Dane (Daytona Guy)'s kids car if I'm correct...I'll have to look into it.

Very possible since Dane lives in Salem.

69bronzeT5

Quote from: bull on September 14, 2009, 08:21:48 PM
Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on September 08, 2009, 01:31:55 AM
Quote from: bull on September 04, 2009, 08:54:24 PM
Saw this one today near the Oregon state fairgrounds in Salem.

I think that's Dane (Daytona Guy)'s kids car if I'm correct...I'll have to look into it.

Very possible since Dane lives in Salem.

Yep, that's it.
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,45204.0.html
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

bull

chargergirl

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on August 22, 2009, 01:43:26 PM
Quote from: mauve66 on August 16, 2009, 08:03:23 PM
with all the new laws at the DMV protecting privacy what are you going to get from the plates anyway??
You got that right.  I got a lawyer and everything and CA DMV will not budge.  They know my previous but will only tell me it's Jon Marks.  :brickwall:
You got the name, now do you have the county? If you have both of those you can pull public records from the property appraiser. You may end up with multiple listings but you have a base.
Trust your Woobie!

mauve66

you can also do a white pages search, more results but still something, still better if you know the state and county to narrow it all down
thats part of the way i found the granddaughter of Marys' original owner
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

Mr.Mopar

:coolgleamA:

Dude, My best friend's dad has a 69 Charger R/T that red with black vinyl top and has a 440 Magnum, 727 automatic transmission with a dana 60 rear end! I got to ride in it the other day, and it was frickin' sweet!!!!

BMOTOXSTAR

Quote from: bigred68 on September 14, 2009, 07:51:22 PM
Hey! Thats in Cuyahoga Falls!! I got a pic of the Chally several months ago.  :2thumbs: If I'd had known that guy was a MoPar guy I'd spent more time at his shop, (I think he was there) and talked D'English with him!! (Dodge English). BTW, those are nice Chargers, guess I'm headin' up Route 8 this weekend!!  :2thumbs:

Yeah, I live not even a hour from there.
If you like motorcycles State 8 across the street is the shanizzie.   :2thumbs:
73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

Charger440RDN

Saw an orange 71 or 72 Charger this morning on the way to work. It was loud and sounded good, he flew past so quick I didn't have a chance to snap a cell phone picture.

lacucarachaloco

66-67 - never
68-70 - other than the guy that shows up at Bob's cruise night with his 69 MAYBE 1 every couple years or so
71-74 - fairly often but all of them are beaters desperately in need of a little love... kinda sad that these people can't even wash their cars or try to even keep a decent coat of paint on them

You would think that in LA with the insane car culture there would be more.

68RT440

Quote from: BMOTOXSTAR on September 17, 2009, 09:30:36 PM
Quote from: bigred68 on September 14, 2009, 07:51:22 PM

Yeah, I live not even a hour from there.
If you like motorcycles State 8 across the street is the shanizzie.   :2thumbs:

wow small world, I live in nearby Northfield and I go past that building (the old Summit Sound and Security) and see that Challenger on my way to my girlfriends house in Munroe falls every other day :2thumbs:
1968 Charger R/T, matching numbers 440/727, black with green top and interior, currently getting restored by me

BMOTOXSTAR

Yeah, I was on a local Biker run for some fallen soldiers and right before we took off I notice this 71' R/T in the parking lot. :2thumbs:
Man, this Charger was clean as could be.  :drool5: :drool5:

I could not make it to the Norwalk Classic but this made up for it. :D
73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

G-man

Saw a sublime green 1970 Dodge Charger few days ago in peak hour traffic near Anandale which is close to the city in Sydney AUS. Whoever owned that thing, it looked hot turning that corner when he got a green light and cruising straight past. Thats the 2nd one I have EVER seen in 27 years of my life just out and about.

69Charger_440

Last week, I saw a lime Superbird or Daytona going south on IH-35 near New Braunfels/San Marcos, Texas.  Also that same week, I saw a General Lee being towed on a flatbed near Austin, TX.

I've also spotted three Challengers (all projects), one RR (68-69?), and one 71-74 Charger.   

73TXRallye440

Quote from: 69Charger_440 on September 21, 2009, 05:54:40 PM
Last week, I saw a lime Superbird or Daytona going south on IH-35 near New Braunfels/San Marcos, Texas.  Also that same week, I saw a General Lee being towed on a flatbed near Austin, TX.

I've also spotted three Challengers (all projects), one RR (68-69?), and one 71-74 Charger.   

hey! it was a superbird, i saw him passing me on I-35 as i was exiting!

Lizey

Quote from: Brock Samson on November 04, 2008, 06:27:39 PM
:shruggy: well at least it's a twodoor hardtop...  :-\

i want one of those SO bad!!!
but the '76 im (eventually) getting from my uncle has the Cordoba front end

how hard would that be to swap? (sorry if im hijacking the thread im just curious)
1977 Dodge Charger SE - Sold 4/18/15
2013 Chevrolet Camaro RS
1993 GMC K1500
1943 Farmall A

C_stripes

I'm smarter than I act, But I don't act smarter than I am.

69bronzeT5

Wow, that '68 sure led a hard life. :rotz: The 3rd Gen. for $500, is that a '71 or '72? :shruggy:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

autoxcuda

Quote from: lacucarachaloco on September 19, 2009, 05:31:18 PM
66-67 - never
68-70 - other than the guy that shows up at Bob's cruise night with his 69 MAYBE 1 every couple years or so
71-74 - fairly often but all of them are beaters desperately in need of a little love... kinda sad that these people can't even wash their cars or try to even keep a decent coat of paint on them

You would think that in LA with the insane car culture there would be more.

I see them from time to time in So Cal. But I'm on the road 8-6 everyday and I cover a lot of area. I've seen the same 68-70 Chargers a few times even. Saw a driver/rough 70 Charger made into a Dukes clone a few weeks ago parked on a street.

See my other post in this thread: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,49500.msg675152.html#msg675152
Fall Fling 25
Special 25th Anniversary show!

October 24, 2020
Irwindale Dragstrip, Irwindale  CA
www.cpwclub.com
show cars, swap, drags !

1carcrazyguy

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on September 24, 2009, 01:24:35 AM
Wow, that '68 sure led a hard life. :rotz: The 3rd Gen. for $500, is that a '71 or '72? :shruggy:

The gold car is 71 (side marker lights).

motorcitydak

Saw this guy today driving north on gratiot at 12 mile. It looks a lot like the one I saw a few weeks ago out by clarkston. I think there was a secret car show I was not aware of. There was some older blue convertible and a yellow '68 383 road runner driving along with us, you can see the road runner in the left lane. I also saw another brown muscle car behind them after I turned. I went to one spot where there used to be shows, but it was not there so I dunno. Anyway, it was a '70

96 Dakota, custom everything 4x4, 5.7 HEMI
'68 charger project
[OO!!!!!!!!!OO]

bull

Another third gen about a mile from my house. I started seeing it once school started because this year I drive a different route to a different school. Finally remembered to take my camera with me. It's parked at this cocktail lounge pretty much every day so apparently the owner likes the hooch.

73chgrSE

What are those little round things on the tail lights? never seen those B4.  :shruggy:

b5blue

Called "bulls eye" they come in red or blue I think. It's a glass bead with a chrome ring with tabs on it, you drill a hole and mount it.Old school stuff, the glow is cool when you get right over the light bulb.

Brock Samson

Blu Dots can be illeagle depending on where you are,.. i allways wanted to do blu dot sequential on a '69 just for the cool factor...