News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

When is the last time you saw a 66-74 Charger "in the wild?"

Started by bull, April 12, 2006, 01:53:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GREEN684SPD

GREEN684SPD

was on a and e 1st 48 last night.looks like a charger.see above picture...

grdprx

I saw a light green 68 Charger on I-5, just north of Seattle this afternoon!  Certainly brightened the day.  I drove by Sleeping Beauty later, http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,49500.msg680710.html#msg680710

If I'd seen a 69, it'd been a perfect day!

rp23g7

1970 Bronze/Copper Charger at McDonalds on 196th in Lynnwood tonight around 7, you car is beautiful.  No camera with me

375instroke

No Charger sightings, but I'm sure I drove past rp23g7, driving the J5 Coronet pictured above.

grdprx

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

MoparManJim

rp23g7

Quote from: 375instroke on March 18, 2010, 12:20:49 AM
No Charger sightings, but I'm sure I drove past rp23g7, driving the J5 Coronet pictured above.

Hmmm, where were you at?  Was it Saturday 2 weeks ago, early evening on 85th?  I was sitting at a light and saw a 69 or 70 go past in the left lane and make a left turn, dont know the street though, dark too, so i couldnt see the color.

375instroke

rp23g7

Quote from: 375instroke on March 18, 2010, 09:08:12 AM
Yes.  85th on to Wallingford.

Yeah, that was us, coming back from a cruise to Alki.  I was pissed cause a dork in a Toyota cut me off and made me miss the freeway entrance.  Oh Hey a Charger, ok, i feel better now.

chargd72

Saw a 73/74 yellow Charger with a black stripe today in Austin.  It's the first 3rd gen I've seen on the road since I bought mine 8 months ago.   :icon_smile_big:

'72 Charger SE 4bbl 318                          '76 Power Wagon 400 W200                                 2011 (attempt at a) Charger

METROID

:drive: Saw a dark colored Second Gen today driving down Watermen Ave. in San Bernardino. Ironically I was coming to pay my 68 a visit and drop off some parts for her. I have not seen her in 3 months and I won't see her for at least 3 more :rotz:. The Charger I saw blew by very quickly and was weaving in and out of traffic. By the time I moved to the curb to get a better look it was to far away to identify the year. I am curious to know if it is a DC member.

HeavyFuel

Dark Dark blue '66 with white interior, Keystones.....cruising Main Street. 

It had a few things to get squared away, but a pretty nice car.  The kid was getting a ton of looks, and seemed to be enjoying it.

I gave him a  :2thumbs: and he pulled over to a gas station.  We BS'd for a while, and it looked like a nice survivor, a little cancer here and there, 383 car, he said he'd bought it only about 3 weeks ago.  I didn't pry and ask what he paid, but I was curious.  Nice find.

After watching him drive away again, I had a newfound appreciation for the 1st gens.  Man, they are sweet.

grdprx

I just saw a black 69 Charger rolling down Central in Kent!  It's pouring rain!!!  Sweet car, tried to pull over for a pic; but it was gone.   :flame:

Any other day of the week, I'd have flipped a U-turn and chased it down; but I had to be somewhere by 5... 

motorcitydak

Not exactly the year, but I saw a genIII yesterday. It was yellow with black stripes and Charger spelled out on the door in the stripe. It was in Chesterfield, Mi. You were driving north on Jefferson just south of 23 mile rd. I was the guy flying south in the ambulance as we were coding to a call....I was a little too busy to snap a pic, but thanks for pulling over for me
96 Dakota, custom everything 4x4, 5.7 HEMI
'68 charger project
[OO!!!!!!!!!OO]

HeavyFuel

Quote from: HeavyFuel on March 25, 2010, 11:03:00 AM
Dark Dark blue '66 with white interior, Keystones.....cruising Main Street. 

It had a few things to get squared away, but a pretty nice car.  The kid was getting a ton of looks, and seemed to be enjoying it.

I gave him a  :2thumbs: and he pulled over to a gas station.  We BS'd for a while, and it looked like a nice survivor, a little cancer here and there, 383 car, he said he'd bought it only about 3 weeks ago.  I didn't pry and ask what he paid, but I was curious.  Nice find.

After watching him drive away again, I had a newfound appreciation for the 1st gens.  Man, they are sweet.
Bad news on this one....... I was on Main again yesterday on my way home from my son's guitar lessons, and the '66 was there again, stopped on the road, wrecked.  Two cops cars, antifreeze running down the street, and the front of the Charger was pretty much toast. Couldn't really tell what happened, but it looked like a fairly straight on collision.  Maybe someone stopped quick or pulled out in front of him, and those notorious drum brakes couldn't handle the job?  Who knows.  I almost started cryin'. :'(

AKcharger

Here's one
(What's kind of neat is if you look, one guy is taking a pic of my car in their rear view mirror)

squeakfinder

Now he just need's to post a picture of your car. ;)
Still looking for 15x7 Appliance slotted mags.....

moparstuart

Quote from: AKcharger on April 17, 2010, 10:54:33 AM
Here's one
(What's kind of neat is if you look, one guy is taking a pic of my car in their rear view mirror)

looks like mike svec's daytona
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

moparstuart

here is Mr angry taking a picture of mine while i was taking a picture of his
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

41husk

all week!!! can you tell I'm happy?
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

69bronzeT5

Took this today in traffic. '68 R/T. Dark bronze with a black R/T stripe and Torque Thrusts. I have a picture of this car on my wall in my bedroom. Plate reads 'Mr. Norms' and it has a Grand Spaulding Dodge licence plate ring (looked vintage) so I assume it's the real deal. A little old guy was driving it. :2thumbs:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

grdprx

Finn

1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L