News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Baby Steps...Engine area and K frame 73 Charger

Started by Beer, October 18, 2008, 07:37:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beer

Well, the body is finally started, hoping to pick it up next weekend with the K frame and engine compartment painted, new rockers and drivers floorpan installed...
Here is what it looked like yesterday.  I have new body mounts going in as well  :cheers:

1973 Dodge Charger 402 Stroker Smallblock 414 HP/ 466 ft/lbs torque,  8 3/4" 3.91 Suregrip rear w/ DR. Diff disk brake conversion, CalTracs single leaf and Rear Suspension, VFN Bulge Hood, Running, needs interior completed, Had to give to Ex-Wife in divorce 2017...

Bob

2much2learn

i have a 74 so this thread will help me out alot,   :2thumbs:
just dont wanna think how long its going to be before i get there  :brickwall:
anyway thanks for the pics, lookin good so far,  keep it comein :popcrn:
I say " determined to restore the Charger" SHE hears " Stubborn to throw your money away"   dx_Xb

FLG

Looking good.

If you havent check firmfeel.com for solid body mounts for the k-frame.  :2thumbs:

Charger74SE

2012 Charger SE
1974 Charger SE
USAF and A&P mechanic retired.

Beer

1973 Dodge Charger 402 Stroker Smallblock 414 HP/ 466 ft/lbs torque,  8 3/4" 3.91 Suregrip rear w/ DR. Diff disk brake conversion, CalTracs single leaf and Rear Suspension, VFN Bulge Hood, Running, needs interior completed, Had to give to Ex-Wife in divorce 2017...

firefighter3931

Very nice !  :2thumbs: I've allways liked that color on 3rd gen Chargers !   :icon_smile_cool:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Beer

Quote from: firefighter3931 on October 28, 2008, 07:53:03 AM
Very nice !  :2thumbs: I've allways liked that color on 3rd gen Chargers !   :icon_smile_cool:

Ron

Thanks Ron, now to get the rest of the car done! Hoping to finish the body this Sping 09.

Think I have some clearance issues with the air cleaner, as well it was ugly trying to put the engine in w/ the headers, will try a put the headers in next to see how every thing looks then slowly add the firewall items and dash stuff.

71Charger JT

:2thumbs:  looks great but dont forget those plastic pieces inside fender between door jamb and fender, theyll help keep out road debris.
1971 Super Bee

Beer

Quote from: 71Charger JT on October 28, 2008, 12:24:13 PM
:2thumbs:  looks great but dont forget those plastic pieces inside fender between door jamb and fender, theyll help keep out road debris.

Got some in excellent condition I picked up from ebay a few years ago...
Got to start sorting through the boxes of parts... now if I can only find the CD of Disaassembly pics I did a few years ago  :brickwall:

69*F5*SE

71Charger JT

good luck... bolts and screws are the hardest to relocate! make sure u have a good hardware store local.

i have a bunch of 3rd gen parts laying around let me know if u are missing anything.

have fun with the process and take alot of pictures to remember it... but dont lose the cd!  :brickwall:
1971 Super Bee

mikepmcs

Looking good Jimmy T
I'm guessing Steve at Stretch It did a nice job for ya?

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

firefighter3931

Jim, the TTI's fit very nice in my buddies E-headed 408 in the 70 Cuda chassis. It's easier to install them from below and you might have to raise the driver side of the engine and install the headers & starter at the same time. Once in they're awesome with lots of clearance.  :2thumbs:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Beer

Quote from: firefighter3931 on October 29, 2008, 09:06:05 AM
Jim, the TTI's fit very nice in my buddies E-headed 408 in the 70 Cuda chassis. It's easier to install them from below and you might have to raise the driver side of the engine and install the headers & starter at the same time. Once in they're awesome with lots of clearance.  :2thumbs:

Ron

I got the driver side in, I jacked the engine rear up a tad and got in place, the passenger side I need to remove the oil filter and like you said come in from the bottom.  I am just test fitting everything, it will all come out when the body goes back.