News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I BOUGHT a C500 it's the find of my life time, barn find

Started by moparstuart, October 18, 2008, 11:40:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moparstuart

:drool5: he has several out builds and countless car? not sure i saw but 3/4 of them  , These picture taken october 18th saturday , We came to get the car!
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

moparstuart

for you danny NO NO written on the top of the left tail lamp

moparstuart

:popcrn:  check out the brady bunch woody wagon and the 500's back glass in front of it I was taping it up for transport, then i wrapped it in packing and stored it in the car .

he gave me the 70 rear seat as a core to recover, but no buckets came with the car , I was trying to get the head rest style bucket out the of 69 coronet but no dice .

moparstuart

moparstuart

:drool5: So here is where the story and adventure gets alittle crazy. I Have been talking to this guy off and on for 3 weeks . Went up there last sunday and looked at the car for 3 hours.
We then talk all this last week and strike a deal.   Anyway we do strike a deal and I make extensive arrangement to get my buddy to move his cars around and store this one in his barnin nowhere ville kansas. So I also get wayne to take me up there with his roll back and get the car .I call the owner and tell him we can come get the car saturday morning.  He says the sooner the better and that he will have all the parts gathered and the max wedge motor and trans  out of it ready for us to pick up. LOL Well that all didn't happen.  

Magnumcharger

Time to take out a loan and buy the rest of the cars in that shed! :Twocents:
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

moparstuart

:popcrn: So he had the motor all unbolted but not out , You guessed it wayne and I had to help him pull the motor and trans before we could pick up the car. We had to first move it out of it's storage place by jacking up the front , and then the rear and over again .

xs29j8Bullitt

After 8 years of downsizing, whats left...
1968 Charger R/T, Automatic, 426 Hemi
1968 Polara 4Dr Sdn, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1968 Polara 4Dr HT, Automatic, 383
1969 Charger 500, 4 Speed, 440 Magnum
1969 Daytona, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1969 Road Runner, 4 Speed, 426 Hemi
1970 `Cuda, Automatic, 440-6BBL
1970 Challenger T/A, Automatic, 340 6 Pack
2004 Ram, Automatic, 5.7L Hemi
2009 Challenger SRT8, Automatic, 6.1L Hemi
<This Space Reserved for a 2016 Challenger SRT Hellcat, 8Sp Automatic,

moparstuart

Quote from: xs29j8Bullitt on October 19, 2008, 08:05:45 AM
Congrats Stuart!  :cheers:  Glad to see the deal went through!

Allen
thanks allen , I'm sure i will bother you to death also with questions 

moparstuart

Quote from: Magnumcharger on October 19, 2008, 08:02:14 AM
Time to take out a loan and buy the rest of the cars in that shed! :Twocents:
All I can say is good luck LOL     ECCENTRIC GUY

moparstuart

:drool5: We left olathe kansas at 8:30 am showed up at his place at 10:00 am .  We had a long day ahead of us already so we hoped to load it up fast and get on the road . NOT
2 hours later we had the motor and trans pulled and the car loaded.  I guess just an hour and a 1/2 later then we wanted to leave his place but that sure made for a longer day .  We had an HPAC cruise to go to that night our local mopar club . I also has my 11 year olds 8 pm football game and they are undefeated . 

xs29j8Bullitt

Quote from: moparstuart on October 19, 2008, 12:04:52 AM
:popcrn: the third picture is the back glass for the 500 under an ebody cuda. I think he took cars apart and hid all the parts in and under and around different cars so no one could steal and get a complete car.  He was very eccentric !!!

Sounds like what I used to do... I wonder if he is related...  :smilielol:

A friend and I have been starting to organize my workshop... its been like an early Christmas...  :lol:

Your C500 looks like a very solid project Stuart!

Allen
After 8 years of downsizing, whats left...
1968 Charger R/T, Automatic, 426 Hemi
1968 Polara 4Dr Sdn, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1968 Polara 4Dr HT, Automatic, 383
1969 Charger 500, 4 Speed, 440 Magnum
1969 Daytona, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1969 Road Runner, 4 Speed, 426 Hemi
1970 `Cuda, Automatic, 440-6BBL
1970 Challenger T/A, Automatic, 340 6 Pack
2004 Ram, Automatic, 5.7L Hemi
2009 Challenger SRT8, Automatic, 6.1L Hemi
<This Space Reserved for a 2016 Challenger SRT Hellcat, 8Sp Automatic,

moparstuart

motors out next tranny   core support vin matches the dash  :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

moparstuart

Quote from: xs29j8Bullitt on October 19, 2008, 08:17:04 AM
Quote from: moparstuart on October 19, 2008, 12:04:52 AM
:popcrn: the third picture is the back glass for the 500 under an ebody cuda. I think he took cars apart and hid all the parts in and under and around different cars so no one could steal and get a complete car.  He was very eccentric !!!

Sounds like what I used to do... I wonder if he is related...  :smilielol:

A friend and I have been starting to organize my workshop... its been like an early Christmas...  :lol:

Your C500 looks like a very solid project Stuart!

Allen
yeah well he couldnot find the left power 68 door panel, or the two full sets of seat belts he promised , also the front turn signals, a tranny he promied me and several other odds and ends .    None of them great losses but annoying that we had to do all this work and not have all the stuff he promised. But there was no way in hell i was leaving without that car !!!!!
He is very sickly and weak so i dont know if it was that or if he thought i was not coming,or maybe he changed his mine on selling?
  All in all I'm glad he didnt call me and call it off.   It was just a little annoyance and we were back in buisness. 

moparstuart

:drool5:

moparstuart

moparstuart

:popcrn:

moparstuart

moparstuart

:drool5:First time it's seen the light of day In like 7 years, when it was shipped in from california

WINGMAN

Congrats Stuart    :2thumbs:  You now have joined the ranks of the very few 500 oners. Looks like you will be very busy this winter with your new project. Love them 500s.  If you are ever this way stop over, i will pull out my 500 and we can go for a spin.    :cheers:    Jay.
69 Daytona XX29L9B409032 , 02 Ram Cummins,

moparstuart

Quote from: WINGMAN on October 19, 2008, 08:36:42 AM
  Congrats Stuart    :2thumbs:  You now have joined the ranks of the very few 500 oners. Looks like you will be very busy this winter with your new project. Love them 500s.  If you are ever this way stop over, i will pull out my 500 and we can go for a spin.    :cheers:    Jay.
I think mine might be a twin to yours JR   yours is R4 right ? no work on this car for a few years i would guess unless i win the lottery, and i dont play ! 

moparstuart

moparstuart

moparstuart

moparstuart

:popcrn:  waynes superbird clone race car project