News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Joe Ward / Spinner /Wingfan

Started by Hemi_tyme, September 13, 2008, 10:53:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

3--Daytona

Doug,,,,,,Sorry to be so slow in replying.   Delma and want to thank you again for the Joe Ward AWARD. We were most certainly shocked and surprized. And very very grateful.

I never met Joe Ward in person,,It is very possable that our path's have cross, It's not that far to Little Rock from here. I showed the red car in a indoor show there a few year ago.

THANKS     AGAIN...............jim mccauley    ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,3-daytona

pettybird

You and Delma make a hell of a pair--I feel honored to know you both, and I know I'm not alone in that sentiment.

472 R/T SE

Did Joe's car have original paint?

What I'm really curious about is whether the factory blacked out the radiator support with wing cars?

Sorry 'bout Joe, sounds like a heck of a guy.  I worked with a Joe Ward back in western Kansas.

Hemi_tyme

Thanks all for the "Pat on the back"! But I'm just here to help and share the restorations projects that I've done over the years on the wing cars. That's how Joe and I became friends.
Doug, You and I have talked about creating this Award since the day Joe passed. VERY NICE JOB!!!..........Congrats to Jim on the Award !!!
I sent this link to Joe's sister last week so she could see the Award and follow the updates.
Here's what she wrote back ..........
Wow Thanks for that it was great even if I did cry all the way through it. I can't wait to see the car in person.
The car is up and running on it's own power. Will update with pictures soon  :2thumbs:  Ken

Hemi_tyme

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on October 07, 2008, 06:01:47 PM

What I'm really curious about is whether the factory blacked out the radiator support with wing cars?

Sorry 'bout Joe, sounds like a heck of a guy.  I worked with a Joe Ward back in western Kansas.
472,  Yes it was original paint and No The factory didn't blackout the core support on the superbirds.
Ken

hemigeno

Quote from: Hemi_tyme on October 07, 2008, 09:43:16 PM

472,  Yes it was original paint and No The factory didn't blackout the core support on the superbirds.
Ken

... but they did do the blackout on Daytonas...

Hemi_tyme

Quote from: hemigeno on October 07, 2008, 09:50:52 PM
Quote from: Hemi_tyme on October 07, 2008, 09:43:16 PM

Ken

... but they did do the blackout on Daytonas...
Gene you know more than I on the Daytonas  :2thumbs: Thanks again for the use of the tent at MMW :cheers:
Ken

hemigeno

Quote from: Hemi_tyme on October 07, 2008, 10:02:05 PM
Gene you know more than I on the Daytonas  :2thumbs: Thanks again for the use of the tent at MMW :cheers:
Ken

There's still a whole lot more to learn, but I do find some of the differences between the Daytona and Superbird interesting.  I'd have bet money they blacked out the 'Bird core support, just from how they did everything before them.

The Monster Mopar show is where I actually met and talked with Joe Ward several times over the last couple of years, mostly trying to stay cool in the shade of my truck.  I think he would have liked how this year's event turned out a whole lot.

He was a good guy and is missed.

Hemi_tyme

Hi All,  Finshed all the final hook ups,and started the fresh rebuilt motor and broke in the MR 6 pack cam (man I love this cam) yesterday.

So today I was able to drive the car out of the shop for a little wash job.

Aero426

Ken I don't know where you find all the hours in the day to get this stuff done. 

hotrod98

And run his construction company at the same time.... ;D

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

Hemi_tyme

Thanks Doug,and Larry.  :2thumbs:
Believe it or NOT I'm ahead of schedule, and actually drove the car 30 miles this afternoon!

Here's my main man Gary he's so happy this project is about over.We have been working alotta overtime on this project over the last 5 weeks ...Love ya man and
Thanks

Ken

moparstuart

looking sharp joe would have been proud
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

69_500

Stunning. Definitely a great looking ride.

Hemi_tyme

Thanks guys  :cheers: I'll post some pictures of the car at the show this weekend. Ken