News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Uhh yeah it'll buff right out....

Started by KS71owner, October 27, 2008, 10:32:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KS71owner

General Lee "jump car" from the Dukes of Hazzard movie. This is the car that jumped onto the freeway in the trailer.  :eek2: The guy who owns it told me he let the production use an old parts car and said they could do "whatever they wanted" as long as he got it back. These were taken at the 2005 Wichita Mopar Meet.

Rolling_Thunder

NIIIIICEEEEE     which one ? they made that jump quite a few times...    from the pass fender damage it looks like it was the one that careened into the guardrail   :smilielol:
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

bill440rt

An "old parts car", eh?
I'd like to see what it looked like before as a parts car. Probably in not much better condition. It might have more parts on it now than it did before!
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Hemidog

YEEEEEEHAWW!           ....splat!

472 R/T SE

I thought Travis bought & sold the freeway jump car.  :shruggy:

KS71owner

Well these photos were taken three years ago and I haven't seen it since...I just posted what I remember from back then.

Mike DC

Brace yourselves for the worst part - It's not the real freeway car.

I shudder to think how & why that car in the pics really got bent like that.   

KS71owner

It's not? Please elaborate. I'm just relaying what I was told, so if I'm wrong feel free to correct me, and if you have details on the genuine article I'd love to hear them. I don't want anybody to think I'm trying to pull a fast one on anybody.

Mike DC

Well, I don't really wanna debate over who bought & sold what to whom and when.  Too much he said/she said.  I don't keep track of that stuff enough to say for sure.

---------------------------------------------

There were only two cars launched at the freeway.  One was bandaged back together and re-launched back at the dealership as a test for the courthouse launch (it landed hard and rolled over).  The other one is the only possibility for this car to be.

This car in the pics lacks the serious sheetmetal damage to the back end of the driver side from slapping the concrete divider as it came to a halt.  It also lacks a tinted windshield, the front bumper guards are both missing, the interior looks like it's probably sprayed a wrong shade, the headliner area isn't black like it should be, the pushbar is wrong for a movie car, the rear valance/bumper area is bent but not really enough . . . you get the idea. 

I don't know what the story is on that car, but I can't see it being the second freeway car by any stretch.  Not unless it was so heavily reworked as to have little in common with its movie appearance.