News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

build a daily driver from scratch... What would You Do?..

Started by Brock Samson, October 27, 2005, 11:58:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HeavyFuel

Quote from: Todd Wilson on October 28, 2005, 11:36:37 PM
Quote from: TeeWJay426 on October 28, 2005, 05:56:45 AM
Wouldn't build a daily driver. My weekly commute tallies 400 miles easily; my current everyday driver is a '98 Intrepid. I need practicality, reliability, and economy; my time and money that I have available for any build projects go towards my resto-mobiles. For daily use, especially in our glorious northeastern winters, I need something that I can get in and use it up with no cares or regrets at all. Something I would go to the trouble to build wouldn't qualify for that.

YUP! You are right. When the old lady wanted to trade her Honda in for a new car they were only wanting to give us 300$ trade in for it. I said BS I'll take it home and let a tree grow thru it in th ebackyard before I would trade it for 300$. I now use it for my commute car. I will drive it until it falls apart and no longer runs.

Todd

Hate to say it, But I somewhat agree. 

My daily is paid-off big cab pickup and my wife's is a paid-off Dodge Grand Caravan, covered with hail dents, bicycle scratches and parking lot dings.  We run kids all over creation.  A super nice daily would get f****d up in a month.  OK, maybe longer, but eventually it would, and I'd be pissed off about it.