News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

intakes for 440

Started by rt green, October 28, 2005, 07:38:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rt green

how does the tm 7 intake stack up to the old edelbrock torker? and how about current intakes?
third string oil changer

MOPARHOUND!

Somewhere there is a magazine article comparing 11 different intakes on a 440.

The Holley Street Dominator is the best all around intake in my book, and was at or near the top of most categories in the magazine comparison test.  It is a single plane, but with short runners.  And it fits under most any hood.

For a mild street driven vehicle some would choose the Edelbrock Perfomer RPM (not the Performer, it is a poor intake).  A big dual plane with a great low end power, but falls off usually around 4500 rpm.  Tall intake, may have hood clearance issues.

For all out racing, the Edelbrock Victor would be my choice. 
1971 Charger R/T, 440 H.P., Auto, A/C Daily Driven (till gas went nuts).  NOW IN CARS FOR SALE SECTION: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,48709.0.html
1969 Charger 318/Auto (latest addtion): http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,31948.0.html
*Speed costs money son, how fast do you want to go, and for how long?"
*"Build the biggest engine you can afford the first time."
*"We normally wouldn't use a 383 for this build, parts and labor for a 440 cost the same."

Silver R/T

I would say that Street dominator is all around best intake imo
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Ghoste

The Mopar M1 single plane is also a very very good intake.  The dual plane one is a lot like the Eddy Performer.  Just an aluminum version of the stocker.

firefighter3931

Quote from: rt green on October 28, 2005, 07:38:50 PM
how does the tm 7 intake stack up to the old edelbrock torker? and how about current intakes?

The TM7 is basicly a large runner Torker. They look almost identical from the outside but the runners are wider internally so it moves more air. Personally, i like the manifold but it has to be used on the right combination to work well. I had one on mine along with the Street Dominator and both performed equally well....within a few hp and ftlbs of each other as measured on the dyno. If you're running a 3000+ stall and 3.91 gears...it's a good manifold. Milder combo's are better suited to a torker, performer rpm or ch4b.

Ron

Ps. I forgot to mention the Street Dominator....it is also an excellent manifold and works well in almost any application...from low compression smogger to High performance street/strip combo....a very versatile piece.
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

rt green

thanks for the info.really helps me out!
third string oil changer

greenrt_se

in this winter I have to chance edelbrock Rpm to some lower dual plane intake...in 69 charger there is no room for air filter,even whit drop base cleaner,so whitch to choose....

motor 440
piston TRW 2355f 0-deck
cam: hydraulic Hughes 223/228 0,050
valvetrain:1,6:1 roller
head:Edelbrock 84cc out of box
carb:750 cfm demon mechanical secondary
exhaust:original HP whit 2,5 inch exhaust pipe whit h-pipe
4-speed (next summer 5-speed whit 3,55:1) now 3,23:1

firefighter3931

Quote from: greenrt_se on October 30, 2005, 09:58:12 AM
in this winter I have to chance edelbrock Rpm to some lower dual plane intake...in 69 charger there is no room for air filter,even whit drop base cleaner,so whitch to choose....

motor 440
piston TRW 2355f 0-deck
cam: hydraulic Hughes 223/228 0,050
valvetrain:1,6:1 roller
head:Edelbrock 84cc out of box
carb:750 cfm demon mechanical secondary
exhaust:original HP whit 2,5 inch exhaust pipe whit h-pipe
4-speed (next summer 5-speed whit 3,55:1) now 3,23:1

The Performer rpm will fit with a 14x3 in filter with a 1.25 in drop base assembly. It's tight but it will clear. The holley Street dominator works well and sits lower than the performer rpm.

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Just 6T9 CHGR

I am running the CH4B on my 9.3:1 440 and I like it
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

68 RT

I also run a CH4B edelbrock on my stock 440hp. Has improved mid-range power!