News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Snake Skin Green 69? BEHOLD!

Started by yeahitsgotahemi!, November 07, 2008, 11:25:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris G.

Awesome color :cheers: I love that on the new Viper and your Charger. :2thumbs:

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1971 Charger R/T: B5 Blue 440 Automatic
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1970 GTO: 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: 340 Automatic

drifter69

Like it, love it , want some more pic's of it. Of course when it is farther along. Keep them coming. :2thumbs:

yeahitsgotahemi!

some more for y'all
"I don't advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, they just always worked for me"  - Hunter S. Thompson

FLG

hemi-hampton

Thats a nice color, probably has lots of pearl in it. Not sure a car can be street legal with no wipers, Dont think the DOT would approve. LEON.

Blown70

Quote from: hemi-hampton on November 21, 2008, 12:23:46 AM
Thats a nice color, probably has lots of pearl in it. Not sure a car can be street legal with no wipers, Dont think the DOT would approve. LEON.

I know here in ND, you do need to have functional wipers to be street legal...... Depends on the cop..... :icon_smile_blackeye:

Charger-Bodie

Yeah , You better be careful to avoid all of the "road block wiper checks" that the DOT performs.  ::)
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Blown70

Quote from: 1hot68 on November 21, 2008, 10:42:57 AM
Yeah , You better be careful to avoid all of the "road block wiper checks" that the DOT performs.  ::)

hahha, I dont think you get pulled over for it.  But you know if MR. Cop is having a bad day and with THAT car, he will get noticed...... Then again, depends on the cop.

T

Ghoste

It's the kind of thing you'd get popped for in Ontario.  The paint on that car would likely blind any officer enough he wouldn't be able to spot the wiperless detail though.  :D

chargerscott

what kind of paint was that? was there different stages?

FLG GF

THE CHARGER PUNK

that car would look sick with a c-500 grille  :drool5: n prolly cut a little weight off too not being anywhere as heavy as the hideaway head light grille :2thumbs: :coolgleamA:

Ghoste

Ha, you want to talk about a heavy hideaway grille?  Pick up a 1st gen one sometime.

yeahitsgotahemi!

Quote from: Blown70 on November 21, 2008, 12:10:22 PM
Quote from: 1hot68 on November 21, 2008, 10:42:57 AM

hahha, I dont think you get pulled over for it.  But you know if MR. Cop is having a bad day and with THAT car, he will get noticed...... Then again, depends on the cop.

T

wipers...I live in Pheonix, I don't think the cops are too concerned about wipers. The dude would have to be having a real bad day to care. Yeah, I'll keep a look out for those "wiper check road blocks"  :smilielol:.

Quote from: chargerscott on November 21, 2008, 02:52:48 PM
what kind of paint was that? was there different stages?

The paint was PPG. Nothing special, base and clear.   
"I don't advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, they just always worked for me"  - Hunter S. Thompson

yeahitsgotahemi!

Quote from: THE CHARGER PUNK on November 21, 2008, 04:24:14 PM
that car would look sick with a c-500 grille  :drool5: n prolly cut a little weight off too not being anywhere as heavy as the hideaway head light grille :2thumbs: :coolgleamA:

I love the hide-aways to much to replace it with a 500 grille. The fiberglass hood shaved a ton of wieght off the front end, so the extra weight savings wouldn't be worth it to me.

yeahitsgotahemi!

More pictures!

quentin

Man, oh, man... that is looking SO GOOD!
'73 SE, 400, 4 barrel with 3 on the tree

PocketThunder

Quote from: quentin on December 03, 2008, 11:10:33 AM

:iagree:

PS more pictures of the jet ski please...
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Finn

HAHA took me awhile to find the jet ski lol...

Car is looking badddd freaking ass man, keep it up!
1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: PocketThunder on December 03, 2008, 11:24:20 AM

Dude! :rotz:

Did you paint all the chrome trim black as well?  I spy a black filler cap, mirror & door handle :scope:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

yeahitsgotahemi!

Sorry guys, no jet ski, just my cousins dirt bike.

As far as the chrome, yep, black is the new chrome. I had all these good parts with bad chrome. Instead of paying an arm and a leg to get new stuff/rechrome, I decided to powder coat it black. The vent frame and door window stainless is black. Most of the stainless however will stay chrome, and will be polished up, so I'll have some black and some shine where appropriate.  :coolgleamA:

Just 6T9 CHGR

Definitely different....close up pics please :thumbs:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

PocketThunder

Quote from: yeahitsgotahemi! on December 03, 2008, 03:44:50 PM

Sorry guys, no jet ski, just my cousins dirt bike.

Look harder!!!!!!!!  its in the water!   :whistling:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

speedfreak68