News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Which Gas Tank for my 68 Charger R/T

Started by BLAM, November 18, 2008, 03:53:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BLAM

I need to pick up a new gas tank since the car will be coming out from paint soon and it is time to start putting it back together.  My question is there any benefit or negative associated in going with a vented vs. non-vented tank.  I will be running an external A1000 fuel pump with 1/2" feed and return.  In addition should I use the tank pad and anti-squeak pads for the straps or skip them?

Thanks

Andy
RLTW - "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." - George Orwell

firefighter3931

Andy, a stock tank is vented through the filler tube.....so go with the non vented tank.  :yesnod:

I used the pad with mine. Are you going to use a stock style pickup ? Mancini sells a 1/2in pickup that gits in the stock location.  ;)

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

BLAM

Hi Ron

Thanks for the reply!  That is what I will do then, thank you!  Yeah I am going to use the OEM reproduction 1/2" pickup but I am going to modify it a little and get rid of the 1/4" return and sub it with a 1/2" return.  At least that is my plan, see how that works out.

Andy
RLTW - "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." - George Orwell