News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1966 Satellbird from Mopar june 2003 issue

Started by petercharger, November 15, 2008, 11:52:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

69_500

Or just slap some Coronet front fenders on it and call it a Superbird.  :D

62 Max

Not that easy! Lets count the pieces to make each one and see who wins   :brickwall:

69_500

That makes me wanna know exactly how many pieces are on a car. Not sure which one actually has more pieces, now as far as special pieces, well the Superbird has more than a 500. Although if you break it down by nuts and bolts, I don't think it would be a huge difference.

62 Max

Would you like me to send you a copy of the special parts and pieces?Actually it is about 12 pages.I can also send you a copy of the fleet engineering data that goes with it.About 142 pages.All I need is an address. :icon_smile_big:

69_500

Actually I think I have those two documents, as far as what goes on a Superbird. I was more or less saying I don't know which car has more pieces total. I was more or less just being a wise ass, and having a good time. We all know I prefer the 500 and Daytona over the Superbirds. Don't get me wrong though I'd take a Superbird over almost any other cars though. I gotta admit any one of the 5 AERO cars rank higher than just about any other cars, with a few odd ball exceptions.

69_500

I believe that the conversion package for the Daytona is outlined in a 119 page document as well. makes for some nice reading. :) Heck the paper for approving the lights for the nose cone on a Daytona is quite a lengthy pile of papers as well.

petercharger

still around and gets noticed...mistaken by mopar people as a bird..since they remember only the wing and nose and assume that's this is one per builder and owner.. :scratchchin:
best way to get a hold of me is brushcollege@msn.com...thanks

SFRT

Always Drive Responsibly

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

nascarxx29

In a wingcar newsletter seen the same car .But in Yellow unless there a 2 of these outhere
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

pettybird

Quote from: 69_500 on November 16, 2008, 08:17:58 PM
Quote from: pettybird on November 16, 2008, 01:14:38 AM
Quote from: 69_500 on November 15, 2008, 08:46:21 PM
Quote from: WingCharger on November 15, 2008, 08:28:16 PM
Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on November 15, 2008, 08:16:29 PM
Quote from: Ghoste on November 15, 2008, 08:13:15 PM
You can have an opinion, we just don't get it.

Exactly :lol:
That is a lot like saying I respect your opinion, but it is incorrect. :icon_smile_big:

Could someone take pictures of the writing so I can read the article? I am being a bum here but so what. :2thumbs:

In actuality there is nothing wrong with someone saying that your opinion is incorrect. That is after all why it is an opinion, and not a stated fact. In my opinion that car isn't 1/1,000th as good looking as a real Superbird. And that is coming from a guy who prefers the 500's over the Superbirds, and I know that doug will  :slap: me for saying that one.

HA consider yourself smacked.  sue me if I think that a wing's cooler than door panels with pockets ;)

opinions about opinions aside, THAT abortion is OK for MCG but the restoration of the blue/red superbird isn't?

Granted a Bird does have three things that a 500 doesn't. 1) A WING 2) A NOSE CONE 3) A WIN AT DAYTONA 500.

Other than that, not much going for it other than a nice big Cartoon character and a nice horn.  :nana:

don't forget Talladega, too!   :lol:

it's a shame marketing got locked out of the 500 and Daytona--imagine how much weirder the birds would have been then! 

djcarguy

Quote from: petercharger on November 16, 2008, 11:13:59 PM
still around and gets noticed...mistaken by mopar people as a bird..since they remember only the wing and nose and assume that's this is one per builder and owner.. :scratchchin:
one of the best lokking and creative cars ever made.congrads to owner and builder .personal  flare and taste and ablity to make it all come together..    thanks for making and sharing this wild ride with the humdrum masses.

dreamcatcher

Quote from: djcarguy on July 19, 2011, 03:47:09 PM
one of the best lokking and creative cars ever made.congrads to owner and builder .personal  flare and taste and ablity to make it all come together..    thanks for making and sharing this wild ride with the humdrum masses.
TOTALLY!  :2thumbs: To the builder.It was a huge undertaking.Kudos for their courage to build what they wanted.
1970 Superbird Tribute 440 auto
1968 Charger 426 6 pack auto
1971 Chevelle SS Tribute 350 4 speed
1970 Mustang 351 C 4 speed
1969 GTO 400 Ram air III 4 speed
1972 Charger (soon 5.7 hemi auto)
1973 Charger 440 auto (U code)
If you've never been scared (even a little) then you've never gone as fast as you could have!

pettybird

it's so bad on so many levels I can't count them.  Thanks for digging up an ancient thread that never should have seen the light of day again.

Brock Samson

WINGIN IT

Too square for my tastes , but to each their own....

djcarguy

FREE AT LAST,I HAVE A DREAM???  THAT WE ALL CAN BUILD AND DRIVE WHAT WE WANT ??? AND WHAT WOULD THE CAR HOBBY BE IF EVERY ONE HAD TO CONFORM TO OLD BORING STOCK LOOK AND FIGHT FOR OVER PRICED NOS AND DATE CODE PARTS??????

NOTICE HOW MANY NEW MEMBERS DISAPPEAR FROM SITE AFTER BEING TOLD TO SCRAPE THERE RUSTY CAR OR HAHAHA  ,,,  BETTER HAVE 50-60 GRAND TO SAVE THAT RUSTY CAR ???????

WHAT HAPPENED TO SUNROOF SUPERBIRD,AND HIS CARS ???? JUST ONE OF MANY YOU DONT SEE POSTING HERE ANYMORE????

FREE AT LAST,I HAVE A DREAM. WE CAN BUILD AND DRIVE????FREE SPEACH,OPINIONS AND BULL??

Richard Cranium

Man, that's horrid. I've seen better scabs under band aids.
I am Dr. Remulac

moparstuart

Quote from: Richard Cranium on July 27, 2011, 12:32:07 PM
Man, that's horrid. I've seen better scabs under band aids.
you have go to be related to cupcake 
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

djcarguy

Quote from: pettybird on July 19, 2011, 05:02:50 PM
it's so bad on so many levels I can't count them.  Thanks for digging up an ancient thread that never should have seen the light of day again.

well i have been warned and learned my lesson and beg for forgive ness again from any and all members if i ass fended them with my out rages reply ????    well sorry i am off my meds..........................i now know too only have opinions about cars and not people???sorry all

djcarguy

Quote from: djcarguy on July 19, 2011, 03:47:09 PM
===================================================================================-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WELL Anyone have more info or pics of how and what and how ,he made the nose and wing???   ???   thanks alot.......  or moderator could you move pics and or link to DARTONA and wingcars,not factory         thanks  dj

pettybird

wingcar

I think it’s funny how one group here is talking about how little taste the other group has…………When if you asked most people in the general public…they would tell you that none of us have any taste since all wing cars are ugly.   Therefore we are all one group…..now everyone hold hands and start singing……. ;)                       
1970 Daytona Charger SE "clone" (440/Auto)
1967 Charger (360,6-pak/Auto)
2008 Challenger SRT8 BLK (6.1/Auto) 6050 of 6400

moparstuart

:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:
Quote from: wingcar on February 29, 2012, 04:39:02 PM
I think it's funny how one group here is talking about how little taste the other group has............When if you asked most people in the general public...they would tell you that none of us have any taste since all wing cars are ugly.   Therefore we are all one group.....now everyone hold hands and start singing....... ;)                       
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

XS29LA47V21

Quote from: wingcar on February 29, 2012, 04:39:02 PM
..... general public...they would tell you that none of us have any taste since all wing cars are ugly.                         

:yesnod:

:popcrn: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :slap:

hotrod98

Sounds like us wingers are nothing more than a bunch of lint sucking, coal mining, stumps that melted...

"The thing about being the man of the house is, you get to know everything. My dad was always saying, 'Shut up, what do you know?'

"I said, 'Dad, what kind of work will I do when I grow up?'

"He said, 'Work? You don't know what work is. When I was a kid I was working when I was 6 weeks old. In a coal mine.'

"'Really, dad? You were a coal miner?'

"'I was a shovel. Don't be a wiseguy. I used to shovel coal with my face. And I made 4 cents an hour, but I did what I could to help out.'

"And you can't get away. 'Really, dad, I'd love to keep chatting with you, but it's a little hot in here --

"'Hot? You don't know what hot is. When I was a kid, it was 4,000 degrees. People would melt right in front of you. You'd be playing a game with your sister -- boom, a pile of goo with some panties on the Parcheesi board.'

"'Really, dad, I'd love to stay and listen to this b.s. story, but I'm getting a little hungry --

"'Hungry? You don't know what it is to be hungry. When I was a boy, there was no food at all. We used to have to suck lint right off the carpet. We were lint-suckers. Lint-sucking, melting coal miners.'

"Then you get mad and say, 'Well, dad, if it was so bad, why didn't you just leave?'

"'Because we had no arms and legs. We couldn't afford 'em. We were stumps when I was a kid. Lint-sucking, coal-mining stumps that melted. We got fed up and stole a car. Then we realized, we had no arms and legs -- who's gonna drive the car? We had one stump on the seat trying to steer with his face, and another stump on the floor trying to bite the brake pedal. We finally got out of town -- you know what we realized? Nobody could open the g.d. door up. BUT WE WERE THANKFUL FOR WHAT WE HAD.'

"That's what I could never understand. 'But dad -- what did you HAVE?'

"'NOTHING! And we were damn glad to have it.'"   :coolgleamA:

The late great Richard Jeni.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams