News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Looking to buy a General Lee? STAY AWAY FROM BK AUTO!! It's almost over!!!

Started by jb666, November 15, 2008, 12:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jb666

Quote from: RTpsyco on January 31, 2009, 11:18:04 PM
After reading many of Jeff's posts and all the advice people on this forum gave you on those posts before buying a charger, I find it hard to believe you did not see all the rust this car had loading it, is that you under the back of your car in this pic? Pic from this forum by the way. Was not all those holes you posted pics of visible? That car looked like swiss cheese in your pics. I know you have stated you where blinded by this car but that much? Sorry to be a first post slammer

Odd question, but where (in this thread) was that picture posted??  :popcrn:
Quote from: General_01 on January 31, 2009, 11:26:44 PM
Sometimes I wish we could put a clause on this thread that you are only allowed to post in it if you have been reading it from the very beginning. ::)

Wonderful first contribution to the thread. :2thumbs: ::)

Agreed.

RTpsyco

1 of your old posts
have read tread and more on this
so must be brian under car hard to say he didnt see rust at that point

General_01

Quote from: RTpsyco on January 31, 2009, 11:41:53 PM
1 of your old posts
have read tread and more on this
so must be brian under car hard to say he didnt see rust at that point

So you have read thread and more? So you must have seen that what you brought up has been brought up and answered already. Did you think the answer changed?

You wouldn't happen to live in Texas, would you? :scratchchin:
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

skip68

What difference does it make if they saw it or not?   :shruggy:   BK DID NOT PROVIDE THE CAR AS AGREED IN THE CONTRACT. 
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Stanleyart

Quote from: RTpsyco on January 31, 2009, 11:18:04 PM
After reading many of Jeff's posts and all the advice people on this forum gave you on those posts before buying a charger, I find it hard to believe you did not see all the rust this car had loading it, is that you under the back of your car in this pic? Pic from this forum by the way. Was not all those holes you posted pics of visible? That car looked like swiss cheese in your pics. I know you have stated you where blinded by this car but that much? Sorry to be a first post slammer

All I can say is that even the most sound thinkers can succumb to blind faith in a seller, and even blinder faith in an old car's outer, visible condition.
When we bought our Charger this is what I experienced:

1. Not enough time to really look the car over as we were on our way home from vacation. (Found it on a lot on the side of the road.)
2. Car was too far away to come back and fine-tooth it, and my bodyman was not with me.
3. The fear of the car being sold out from underneath me (not rational, but it happened.)
4. Impulse buying! Must...have...Charger!
5. Scarcity! (I'm never going to find a deal like this--ever!
6. Anxious to leave: kids tired, wife threatening me, wanted to sit down, blah blah blah.
7. Seller didn't voluntarily reveal the big problem with the car.
8. Seller hid problematic areas due to --greed?
9. Ended up not being as nice of a car.
10.Ultimately paid too much for car.

Bottom line is we didn't get what we paid for, because the seller was deceptive.

General_01

Quote from: RTpsyco on January 31, 2009, 11:54:47 PM
general_01 go back under your bridge

Just wondering why people who "claim" to have read thread consider it neccessary to bring up questions asked and answered in the first 5 pages. It just gets very repetitive answereing the same questions over and over. You are not the first person to come to the board, claim to have read the thread, and then within their first 5 posts find it neccessary to enthrall us all with their "educated" opinion on the subject. I will say that you own the record since it was your very first post.
496 stroker
4-speed

skip68

I don't care if the buyer is dumb and blind, young or old, man or woman or rich or poor.  This is very very clear what is going on here.      Buyer beware only goes so far.   When you have invoices and contracts that are not matching what was sold, you have a problem.   
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Troy

If anyone is wondering, RTpsyco is an alias for Captsim. Some people think they are so sneaky. :eyes: Please don't feed the trolls.

Just a friendly reminder, multiple accounts are forbidden and a quick way to get yourself banned.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

General_01

Quote from: Troy on February 01, 2009, 12:12:10 AM
If anyone is wondering, RTpsyco is an alias for Captsim. Some people think they are so sneaky. :eyes: Please don't feed the trolls.

Just a friendly reminder, multiple accounts are forbidden and a quick way to get yourself banned.

Troy

:hah: :hah: :hah: :hah:
496 stroker
4-speed

RTpsyco

Quote from: skip68 on February 01, 2009, 12:01:17 AM
What difference does it make if they saw it or not?   :shruggy:   BK DID NOT PROVIDE THE CAR AS AGREED IN THE CONTRACT. 
I'm just trying to figure out how someone can load a rusty pos on a trailer and not see its a rusty pos by the pics posted after on the forum. And by the way the original gl roll bar was exhaust pipe with padding fyi. Also the first clue this car was crap is the rear corners on the quarters. No seams from quarter to valance. as seen in this pic from this forum of jeffs car. It's hard to believe all you pros missed that.

RTpsyco

I know all this is going to be deleted but shame on all of you hear for steering jeff to this car. I've read the posts and know the whole story...not just what has been posted here.

skip68

General_01

Well, I guess your not much of a car guy either Captnism. Maybe next time you'll bring somebody with that knows fenders. :D
496 stroker
4-speed

skip68

MoparManJim

Quote from: RTpsyco on February 01, 2009, 12:17:06 AM
Quote from: skip68 on February 01, 2009, 12:01:17 AM
I'm just trying to figure out how someone can load a rusty pos on a trailer and not see its a rusty pos by the pics posted after on the forum. And by the way the original gl roll bar was exhaust pipe with padding fyi. Also the first clue this car was crap is the rear corners on the quarters. No seams from quarter to valance. as seen in this pic from this forum of jeffs car. It's hard to believe all you pros missed that.

Well mr know it all, you are also wrong on the roll bar to a certian point  :smilielol:, the close up ones did have exhaust tubing. But the first General Lee  (Lee1) did have a real roll bar cage in him! :lol: . If you don't know your Dukes it was the General in the first episode that had chrome rocker panels that did the jump over Rosco's polica car towards the end of that episode. The first jump at the start of the episode was Lee2. 

Jeffs car was not as mention by the contract that the other guy also order from BK. So it's some what of a fruad case when you look at it and also the dash tag was played with as while and didn't match what Jeff had.

skip68

General_01

That is a good question Chuck. Apparently, he has nothing to say now. :scratchchin:

496 stroker
4-speed

skip68

captnsim

I'm not complaining about the parts price. I complaned about getting their and finding more rust then was pictured. Even though I asked for Pics of ALL the rust. Jeff stated to me that all the bad parts where shown in the earlyer posted pics and that his where better then the one on eBay that he sent a link to me of and posted here...one on eBay may be dented but appear to be fairly rust free. Then low and behold Jeff posts all those wonderful pics showing ALL the rust after the fact...

skip68

Andrew

Wow. I have just read all 75 pages in the space of a few hours, And I have to say I really feel for ya man. I cant imagine the amount of stress this has caused you.

These guys are obviously crooks, and based off the pictures of the kid welding in tshirt and shorts (as well as the welds themselves) it was his first time welding too. GMAW is not hard, I really cant see how he could have made that kind of mess of it - unless it was his first time and the machine wasnt set right.

Anyway, good luck with the rest of your resto and legal stuff too. Il post a link on www.NZmoparforum.com after dinner to help spread the word.

General_01

So you are complaining that you saw the fenders were crap, but liked the price. Got there, they were crappier than described, you say nothing to his face or try to negotiate, pay for them and leave. Come to a board and complain. That is OK to do.

Jeff goes and looks at a car, does not see all the things wrong, gets home, finds things wrong that are SAFETY ISSUES and not readily visible like fenders that are off the car, seller says car is first rate restoration(I bet Jeff didn't say the fenders were mint), comes to a board and complains. But he got what he deserved.

I do not follow your logic, and apparently you can't talk to anyone in the open as you want to discuss in private now.

I think you should just go away weasel.

496 stroker
4-speed

captnsim

I didn't complain till he posted the pics I asked for after the fact...do you just pick out the things you want to see??? Try reading everything...