News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Looking to buy a General Lee? STAY AWAY FROM BK AUTO!! It's almost over!!!

Started by jb666, November 15, 2008, 12:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jb666

Quote from: teamroth on February 07, 2009, 08:15:57 AM
Imagine having taken it through a brushless car wash, and the airdryer blowing the paint right off of the car?!! That would have been some sh*t! (I know you wouldnt have taken it through that type of wash Jeff, just connecting the visual)

That would have been a riot!!! I enter all shiny Orange but come out with no paint and in primer.. Great if I just robbed a bank!!

ac_knight

Makes me think of Johnny Dangerously.  The scene in the movie where he escapes from prison and they are driving away.  The radio keeps giving out a discription of the car.  He just peels the paint away.  So maybe BK was making a cross between Dukes of Hazzard and Johnny Dangerously movie car replica. :smilielol:

jb666

Quote from: ac_knight on February 07, 2009, 08:47:22 AM
Makes me think of Johnny Dangerously.  The scene in the movie where he escapes from prison and they are driving away.  The radio keeps giving out a discription of the car.  He just peels the paint away.  So maybe BK was making a cross between Dukes of Hazzard and Johnny Dangerously movie car replica. :smilielol:

Let's not give them that much credit  :lol:

teamroth

I'd rather die than go to heaven.

Ghoste

Although they certainly seem to know more than a thing or two about crime.

JMF

hemi-hampton

Another reason the decal will take the paint off is if you install while the paint is still wet & has not had sufficient time to dry. I dont mean wet by the touch but Paint takes 90 days to fully cure & dry. Most people are unaware of this. They probably Painted one day, Then rubbed & installed decals the next (if they did rub?) I can see they sanded/prepped the primer underneath decal by the sand thru/burn on lower door body line. Only other way it would peel is if sanded to fine or sealer/primer sat to long & fully dried causing poor adhesion but dont look like it. In no way should the paint be flaking off with a razor blade though. Hacks.  LEON.

Steve P.

Maybe they used that new PRIMER/FILLER. You know, Paraffin Primer.  :icon_smile_blackeye:

That thief needs to rot in prison... Maybe painting license plates. NO, no, no.... That wouldn't work out very well either. Everyone would have the exact same plate with NOTHING on it...
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

skip68

I don't think that BK can see anything wrong with this.  It reminds me of one of his statements,  "The steering was sloppy, but it worked when it was here".   :slap:  :smilielol:   Can you imagine, taking the time to put in those stupid bars under the hood and not fixing the steering.  :rofl:   How can it be sloppy when everything was new and "custom built" ?   :smilielol:   What a tool.
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

jb666

Ok, to start, here's what what holding my quarter trim on..

ONE of the spots showing how BK just primed right over rust.. Let's just say this one more time.... THIS CAR WAS NEVER SAND BLASTED!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice new windshield & rubber, no (OR BROKEN/rusty) clips holding it in.. And notice the pillar up towards the top? See something funky??

The best shot:

Rear quarter plastic trim's not in place, so if you see something that doesn't quite look "lined up", that's all it is... Notice how shiny the primer is??? If it was sanded at all it was done with VERY FINE sand paper...

Here's some original blue.. They must have missed these spots when they were "blasting"  :lol:

Orange paint chips everywhere, but the floor's sealed and looks AWESOME in person. Plus I love the shifter.. It's back a bit further than stock, but it's perfect for where I sit.

Here you can see Jon's frame connectors...

Notice the spot on the center of the roof? They wanted to see what was under there...

and....... It's pitted rust with primer over it...

TO BE CONTINUED.

jb666

Ok, where was I....

You thought I was kidding when I said the flag came off in one pc?? On the back of it is all of the paint that was on the roof.

Just an example of the airbrush/paint work they can do, and this was all done in their "spare time" to fill the wall...

Now this cracks me up and needs no explanation... BK living up to the name BONDO KING!!

A few misc spots on the car taken at random to show that BK didn't blast ANY PANEL on this vehicle. This is all pitted rust coated in primer.

Door adjusted. It opens and closes perfectly now.

TO BE CONTINUED.....

jb666

Part III.....

A random shot showing an airbrushing they did when they first began ... WELL OVER 20 years ago.

I love this bracket BK welded on to hold the grill in place.. I wonder if the 11 year old with the shorts on did this??

Here's the upper door panel "plugs" where remote mirror controls would be? Look familiar? That's because it's a Chrysler floor pan plug reversed and painted Tan!!  :smilielol:

This is the pc I need on each side...

I'm not sure if you can see in these pictures, but it looks like someone took a small tip hammer to these pcs when removing them...

For today, that's THE END of this picture series.  :popcrn:

WingCharger

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
I was looking at that places airbrushing while listening to Turn Up The Radio by Autograph, and that was weird combo.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RdlfTQ0_sQ
I can't believe that somebody would actually build a car like that, not monetarily, but morally.  :rotz: :rotz: :rotz: :rotz: :rotz: :rotz: :rotz:
That place looks like it defiantly fits the bill for a good paint shop. :yesnod: :yesnod: I spy a sweet Boston album airbrush. :scope:
You are going to have a sweet car when this is all through, and I can't wait to see it. :cheers: :cheers:

Back N Black

BK did not put any effort in the car whatsoever. They don't have a leg to stand on.

jb666

Quote from: WingCharger on February 07, 2009, 03:21:01 PM
:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
I was looking at that places airbrushing while listening to Turn Up The Radio by Autograph, and that was weird combo.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RdlfTQ0_sQ
I can't believe that somebody would actually build a car like that, not monetarily, but morally.  :rotz: :rotz: :rotz: :rotz: :rotz: :rotz: :rotz:
That place looks like it defiantly fits the bill for a good paint shop. :yesnod: :yesnod: I spy a sweet Boston album airbrush. :scope:
You are going to have a sweet car when this is all through, and I can't wait to see it. :cheers: :cheers:

Thanks, neither can I!!

Quote from: Back N Black on February 07, 2009, 03:51:27 PM
BK did not put any effort in the car whatsoever. They don't have a leg to stand on.

No, they most certainly can not justify anything any more.. There's no excuse for any of this crap!!

General_01

Those airbrushings look great. I love the Boston one. I had illussions back in the day of having a Skynyrd airbrushing done on the Bee. I never did it though. I just never felt it would fit well with the car.

I love the reverse floor plug in the door panel. Can't say these guys aren't resourceful.  ::)

Your car looks to be in great hands with that shop Jeff. It should look great when done. Can't wait to see it. :2thumbs:

1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

teamroth

Jeff, you should send BK copies of those pics, not say a word, with just a smiley face....

mikepmcs

Jeff,
PM sent.  pick up your cell i'm calling from my home number not my cell.

Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

General_01

Quote from: teamroth on February 07, 2009, 04:29:12 PM
Jeff, you should send BK copies of those pics, not say a word, with just a smiley face....

What for? Just so he can hear more excuses and how they would have done it right if Brian wasn't such a cheapskate? He's already heard that song and dance too many times.

Doing things like that only work if the people you send the pics to have a conscience. The people at BK Auto do not have a conscience. That's why they are able to take money from people and hand them junk and sleep at night.
496 stroker
4-speed

General_01

Quote from: mikepmcs on February 07, 2009, 04:30:55 PM
Jeff,
PM sent.  pick up your cell i'm calling from my home number not my cell.

Mike

Carnac says "Drip rail moulding". :icon_smile_big:
496 stroker
4-speed

teamroth

Quote from: General_01 on February 07, 2009, 04:35:03 PM

What for? Just so he can hear more excuses and how they would have done it right if Brian wasn't such a cheapskate? He's already heard that song and dance too many times.

Doing things like that only work if the people you send the pics to have a conscience. The people at BK Auto do not have a conscience. That's why they are able to take money from people and hand them junk and sleep at night.

Not for the conscience part of the show, just to show them how bad they F'd up, and it's all about to be proven. I am a spiteful bastard though. That's just me. I know they have no conscience, I'm sure people could possibly have died in cars that they have built, it's just never been brought to court or been proven.

captnsim

I think thats called the roof side rail weather stripping holder...Any 68-70 B body hard top trim will work.

jb666

Quote from: teamroth on February 07, 2009, 05:04:50 PM

Not for the conscience part of the show, just to show them how bad they F'd up, and it's all about to be proven. I am a spiteful bastard though. That's just me. I know they have no conscience, I'm sure people could possibly have died in cars that they have built, it's just never been brought to court or been proven.

YET..

I'm not emailing BK any more.. Thomas has NEVER shown remorse and I highly doubt he'll start now.

Quote from: captnsim on February 07, 2009, 05:05:35 PM
I think thats called the roof side rail weather stripping holder...Any 68-70 B body hard top trim will work.

Those are them!  :cheers: :cheers:

teamroth

Quote from: jb666 on February 07, 2009, 05:23:05 PM
Quote from: teamroth on February 07, 2009, 05:04:50 PM

YET..

I'm not emailing BK any more.. Thomas has NEVER shown remorse and I highly doubt he'll start now.

Quote from: captnsim on February 07, 2009, 05:05:35 PM

Those are them!  :cheers: :cheers:

Jeff, don't get the wrong idea, it wasn't a get him to show remorse kind of thing, it would be more of a here's how deep your grave is kind of thing. I have resigned myself to the fact that he could not show remorse for his own child,let alone someone else. Anyone that could in good conscience sell these cars to people who could possibly put their children at risk in them, clearly has no soul. I just like rubbing dirtbags faces in shit when they are nabbed, and have nowhere to go but down. Just desserts...know what I mean? But I'm sure you're right, you are going about it the right way.