News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Looking to buy a General Lee? STAY AWAY FROM BK AUTO!! It's almost over!!!

Started by jb666, November 15, 2008, 12:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

General_01

1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

69DodgeCharger

http://www.mypowerblock.com/profile/69DodgeCharger

The bugle sounds the charge begins. But on this battlefield no one wins.

moparstuart

Quote from: PocketThunder on March 19, 2009, 10:58:28 PM
Quote from: 71ChallengeHer on March 19, 2009, 08:22:46 PM
Chuck, Vance is hotter  :D

i dont see the resemblence?..??..   :icon_smile_big:
again please  NO NEW DUKES     they were just horrible , gave me nightmares as a kid

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

MoparManJim

Quote from: moparstuart on March 20, 2009, 08:38:07 AM
Quote from: PocketThunder on March 19, 2009, 10:58:28 PM
Quote from: 71ChallengeHer on March 19, 2009, 08:22:46 PM
Chuck, Vance is hotter  :D

i dont see the resemblence?..??..   :icon_smile_big:
again please  NO NEW DUKES     they were just horrible , gave me nightmares as a kid

I'm going to keep my comment to myself on that comment, But I will say this much, they are almost the reason the show kapt going back in the 1980's.

Steve P.

Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

AutoRust

jb666,   I have to offer my condolences and my congratulations for what you have done. I run a company here in RI, Auto Rust Technicians, we have been doing rust repair for 32 years. Its guys like HLPAG and BK that give the business a bad name, and that really blows, we all work way to hard to keep a good reputation in this business, for a couple of douche bags to do this, just pisses me off big time. :flame: :brickwall: :flame:
I was mystified when you cut off the rear quarters and didnt clean the rest of the car off at that point.  I am not criticizing, just wondering why they didnt look further at the chassis shop. But as I typed that I realized, they are a chassis shop, not a body shop.
Its amazing what you have done with this car, and I cant wait to see you and it around this summer.
Hey, check out massmopar.com,   there is a lotta local guys there you might enjoy getting to know.

2 things I need to go over here

1. One of my customers was Jeff, the guy that had BK build the 71 Hemi Cuda from a 73 Cuda. I know he spent LARGE $$ on that car. Imagine, they "built it" in a week or 3 !!  :2thumbs:   I think I can get in touch with him still if you need to, but I am unsure if he still has the car, he had it built with great intentions of building it and hitting it rich at one of the auctions. Last time I spoke with him he was trying to get the bidding up on flea-bay, and wanted me to put in a schill bid. $105k was the last number I recall hearing was spent to build it ( he might have been one of the cheap guys) and the e-bay bids were at $50K. This was several years ago when the "clone" cars were pulling good money, but who knows what this car looked like up close, I can only imagine :flame:

2. Get me an address of the body shop, I would like to donate a set of torques boxes for the car. I see they put sub frame connectors in it, and you have a 6 point cage in it. But, if your gonna drive it, and there is a chance you might apply some unintended acceleration, well, everything you can do to help keep her from twisting will be good. You must have blown some serious dough doing this car right, and I appreciate that tremendously. PM me, or call me, I will send a box to you asap, before they start putting paint on.

Dave

:cheers:
Nothing to see here folks, its just a Bluesmobile

jb666

Quote from: AutoRust on March 20, 2009, 11:58:59 PM
jb666,   I have to offer my condolences and my congratulations for what you have done. I run a company here in RI, Auto Rust Technicians, we have been doing rust repair for 32 years. Its guys like HLPAG and BK that give the business a bad name, and that really blows, we all work way to hard to keep a good reputation in this business, for a couple of douche bags to do this, just pisses me off big time. :flame: :brickwall: :flame:
I was mystified when you cut off the rear quarters and didnt clean the rest of the car off at that point.  I am not criticizing, just wondering why they didnt look further at the chassis shop. But as I typed that I realized, they are a chassis shop, not a body shop.
Its amazing what you have done with this car, and I cant wait to see you and it around this summer.
Hey, check out massmopar.com,   there is a lotta local guys there you might enjoy getting to know.

2 things I need to go over here

1. One of my customers was Jeff, the guy that had BK build the 71 Hemi Cuda from a 73 Cuda. I know he spent LARGE $$ on that car. Imagine, they "built it" in a week or 3 !!  :2thumbs:   I think I can get in touch with him still if you need to, but I am unsure if he still has the car, he had it built with great intentions of building it and hitting it rich at one of the auctions. Last time I spoke with him he was trying to get the bidding up on flea-bay, and wanted me to put in a schill bid. $105k was the last number I recall hearing was spent to build it ( he might have been one of the cheap guys) and the e-bay bids were at $50K. This was several years ago when the "clone" cars were pulling good money, but who knows what this car looked like up close, I can only imagine :flame:

2. Get me an address of the body shop, I would like to donate a set of torques boxes for the car. I see they put sub frame connectors in it, and you have a 6 point cage in it. But, if your gonna drive it, and there is a chance you might apply some unintended acceleration, well, everything you can do to help keep her from twisting will be good. You must have blown some serious dough doing this car right, and I appreciate that tremendously. PM me, or call me, I will send a box to you asap, before they start putting paint on.

Dave

:cheers:

Hi Dave - Thanks for all of your comments and support, I appreciate it!! I'm not sure how far down into RI you are, but if you're ever up this way (before paint) you're always welcome to see the progress.. But, you can count on seeing it in person, along with the mess that came with it.

I would LOVE to hear from the guy who bought the BK "Hemi Cuda". A car built in that time span must have looked incredible. Did you see it in person??

As for the torque boxes, that's very generous, thank you!! I'll shoot you a PM now!!  :cheers:

And don't you worry, shops like Jon's and the shop it's at now have COMPLETELY restored my faith in good honest people/shops. Before this, I was so down on "restoration shops" it wasn't even funny. To spent this amount of $$ on a car and find out it's a rusty wreck, well, you can imagine...  :brickwall:

I'll have to connect with you and get a list of shows/cruises you do this year. This car will get plenty of coverage.

Jeff

Big Sugar

What Did I tell you Jeff,  Dave @ Auto Rust Tech is a Stand up Mopar Guy.

Ron

[img]<table border="0" cellpadding="0" style="border-collapse: collapse" width="182" id="table1" height="202" bordercolorlight="#ECEBF1" bordercolordark="#E9DFD1" b

jb666

Quote from: Big Sugar on March 21, 2009, 12:58:31 PM
What Did I tell you Jeff,  Dave @ Auto Rust Tech is a Stand up Mopar Guy.

Ron

You weren't kidding.  Some times with me I'm like a blind man peeing in the wind.. But it all comes back to me.

Thanks  :cheers: :cheers:

I just got back from the shop --- I LOVE seeing the car come together like this. Running my hand down every body panel and feeling it perfectly smooth is awesome, but standing back and seeing perfect lines, clean metal and thinking about what the car will look like just does it for me!!

Pictures to follow...

jb666

Ok, first let me put a disclaimer out there. The body shop's owner is on vacation, so the main man at the shop has been trying to juggle several cars, the phones, walk-in traffic and other issues all week. Not to say he didn't get anything done, but he's definitely been a busy boy!!  As you can imagine, my car was dropped on their lap with very little notice, so the fact that they've gotten done what they have in such a short time is awesome, and my hat (if I wore one) goes off to them!!

With that said, if I don't see some serious work by next week, I'll be blowing up someone's turbo van, and you know who you are  :icon_smile_big:

First, I'm not sure if you can see it from this angle, but I'm VERY pleased with how natural the hood looks with no directional holes.

Someone had asked me a week or two ago about the bars. They had asked if the bar was straight, or bent, so I figured I'd snap a shot at how the bar was set up to allow the door to close.

On to the car.. The entire car is 'roughed out' and nice and smooth. Obviously not to the point of being sprayed with primer, but a lot closer than before!!

Today while at the shop a couple of people stopped by.. It still amazes me that Ma Mopar has such a following.. People seeing this car in person (now) have nothing but positive things to say..  Now, when it was at Jon's, it was a different story because they saw THE REEALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLY ugly side of the car...

Anyways, onward and upward!!

This week's quest?? I'm looking for a passenger's seat. I have two driver's seats that came out of my car and I'd like to replace the passenger's seat with one that belongs there.

mikepmcs

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

jb666

Quote from: mikepmcs on March 21, 2009, 05:23:14 PM
Lookin sweet, :2thumbs: :cheers: brother.

Thanks, Mike.. You were one of the people who saw this in it's "ugly Betty" phases, so you can appreciate the stage that it's at now.. It's also a reason I'd really like to see you down here in person some time again..  I'll make you a deal, if you make the trip I'll buy you lunch  :icon_smile_big: :cheers:

tan top

:scope: :scope: ............ :yesnod:    nice .........  ..looking real good now !  :2thumbs:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

mikepmcs

I'll see if I can come down in the next couple weeks.  It will be on a saturday for sure.

Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

jb666

Quote from: mikepmcs on March 21, 2009, 06:46:22 PM
I'll see if I can come down in the next couple weeks.  It will be on a saturday for sure.

Mike

Awesome, that's the only day I can make it to the shop, so that'd be perfect!!

GL#10

Hey

Great to see it start to take shape again , Hats off to you for sticking with it ,and not passing the death trap it was on to some one else , look forward to seeing the finished deal .

K.c

jb666

Quote from: GL#10 on March 21, 2009, 08:00:46 PM
Hey

Great to see it start to take shape again , Hats off to you for sticking with it ,and not passing the death trap it was on to some one else , look forward to seeing the finished deal .

K.c
Thanks!! I couldn't imagine passing this on to someone else because of it's condition. I guess that's what separates me from people like Brian & BK Auto  :cheers: :cheers:

mopar73

What a transformation in such a relatively short period of time.  Keep up the good work and my hats off to you for sticking with that mess to begin with.  :cheers:

captnsim

Nice to see those crisp lines on your car Jeff...  :yesnod: Great job on the turn indicator delete for the hood. Looks like it came that way.  :cheers:

jb666

Quote from: mopar73 on March 21, 2009, 08:46:51 PM
What a transformation in such a relatively short period of time.  Keep up the good work and my hats off to you for sticking with that mess to begin with. :slap:

Quote from: captnsim on March 21, 2009, 10:11:34 PM
Nice to see those crisp lines on your car Jeff...  :yesnod: Great job on the turn indicator delete for the hood. Looks like it came that way.  :cheers:

Thanks guys!!  :cheers: :cheers: It hasn't been easy, or cheap, but it's going to be worth it when it's done!!

Back N Black

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

skip68

skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

jb666

Quote from: Back N Black on March 21, 2009, 10:39:40 PM
why are you deleting the hood turn signal lights?

Well, a few (small) reasons, actually.. I like the looks of the hood without them. It's one less thing to wire up (and go wrong), and it's one less thing I have to buy for the car.

It's funny, but the bill I have from BK to Brian when Brian "added" turn signals on the hood showed the parts being $400. That'll buy two of the most expensive kits out there.. But even at $200, it's not something I wanted to do  :cheers: :cheers:

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on March 22, 2009, 12:29:57 AM
Jeff, the car looks bad-ass the way it looks right now! :yesnod:

I think so too!! I love the lines.