News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Looking to buy a General Lee? STAY AWAY FROM BK AUTO!! It's almost over!!!

Started by jb666, November 15, 2008, 12:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skip68

Paint booth ?    :smilielol:   That car has never been in a paint booth until now.   EVER !
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

KS71owner

3000 and ONE!

Congrats on the progress so far....this GL is going to be amazing!

Tilar

Haha I was about to do that... I guess that makes it 3002.  :lol:

It is looking good. I'm anxious to see the finished product.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

jb666

Quote from: Tilar on April 19, 2009, 04:37:00 PM
Haha I was about to do that... I guess that makes it 3002.  :lol:

It is looking good. I'm anxious to see the finished product.

I'm anxious to take that first ride! The new tranny & torque converter should really make the car come to life..

skip68

And you won't have the worry of the rear end of the car falling apart.   :yesnod:   Oh,  and the gas tank falling off.   :rotz:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

C_stripes

Way off topic, but cool none the less. Chucks 3000th post was also the 3000th post on this thread.  Creepy huh?  lol

The car looks awesome!
I'm smarter than I act, But I don't act smarter than I am.

skip68

:o   Now that is down right spooky.   :o   What are the odds of that ?   :smilielol:

MoparManJim

Quote from: skip68 on April 19, 2009, 09:29:30 PM
:o   Now that is down right spooky.   :o   What are the odds of that ?   :smilielol:

I was just thinking the same very thing here as while!  :o

C_stripes

I'm smarter than I act, But I don't act smarter than I am.

mikepmcs

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

jb666

Quote from: mikepmcs on April 20, 2009, 04:31:55 PM
Jeff,
Still looking for seats?? They're in 'Bama' though

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,56254.0/topicseen.html

Thanks Mike.. I changed gears on this one, due to cost.. I was going to buy something a bit more "modern", but instead I'll just have mine recovered properly.. :cheers: :cheers:

skip68

Don't you have two drivers seats ?   I thought that you said BK put in two drivers side seats.   :shruggy:

jb666

Yes, there are two driver's seats in my car. The only thing it effects is the side the lever is on. I can live with that until I find a set that I really like (not factory).

Steve P.

JB, I believe you can just change the seat tracks from two drivers to one of each. No need to change the seats themselves...
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

mikepmcs

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

MoparManJim

Doesn't the seats have lift arms to pull up before you put the seat back up? and if so, I belive that these arms are on the out side of the seat. In which case, if you have to driver seats the one will be in the right place but yet the pass side one will be on the inside next to colsol. If you has two pass seats it will be the other way around.  :shruggy:

Steve P.

Oh crap. Sorry. Had not thought of that....  I better stick to my 65'..   :brickwall:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

MoparManJim

Quote from: Steve P. on April 21, 2009, 03:37:58 PM
Oh crap. Sorry. Had not thought of that....  I better stick to my 65'..   :brickwall:

Hey, no problem bud, we all have those days where we for getabout small items on car parts. Alot of folks do over look the small release arms on the seats though at times.  :shruggy:

runningman

It's been awhile since I had my seats apart but I thought the seat release levers could go on either side.. :shruggy:

jb666

Quote from: runningman on April 22, 2009, 05:16:08 AM
It's been awhile since I had my seats apart but I thought the seat release levers could go on either side.. :shruggy:

It's what I was told, too, but I can't confirm that. If so I'd love to simply switch the mechanism and be done.. I'm not interested in dropping $1k into a set of seats right now...

68r/t

Quote from: jb666 on April 22, 2009, 04:56:40 PM

It's what I was told, too, but I can't confirm that. If so I'd love to simply switch the mechanism and be done.. I'm not interested in dropping $1k into a set of seats right now...
The seat release levers can go on either side of the frame, I just swapped mine over recently.

MoparManJim

Quote from: 68r/t on April 22, 2009, 06:21:46 PM
Quote from: jb666 on April 22, 2009, 04:56:40 PM

The seat release levers can go on either side of the frame, I just swapped mine over recently.

You learn somthing new each day, I didn't know you could do that to the seats release levers.   

Sounds to me like all Jeff needs to do is just have one switch around.. and he will have another seat that he needs.

MoparManJim

Well Jeff, tomorrow is picture day again. I wonder what you'll be showing us in photos this time.

captnsim

skip68

Man, it's like a ghost town around here now.   :leaving:    I'll come back for the pictures I guess.   :icon_smile_big: