News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Looking to buy a General Lee? STAY AWAY FROM BK AUTO!! It's almost over!!!

Started by jb666, November 15, 2008, 12:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dkn1997

Quote from: mikepmcs on May 03, 2009, 03:20:19 PM

I laughed out loud because I thought it said that "no boobs work at"  Alas, I laughed for nothing, I take it back. :lol:

right there with ya!
RECHRGED

Big Sugar

[img]<table border="0" cellpadding="0" style="border-collapse: collapse" width="182" id="table1" height="202" bordercolorlight="#ECEBF1" bordercolordark="#E9DFD1" b

skip68

skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

jb666

Chuck, I was going to call you tonight. Today at 2PM I got a call from a reporter at FoxNews (Houston). Does this have anything to do with you or are they FINALLY ready to run a story?!?!?

I was in meetings all afternoon and couldn't call. I tried when I was out of work and he wasn't in the office.

:popcrn:

skip68

skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

jb666

Well, so far we've played phone tag with each other 3X in the past couple of days. He says it's "important we talk"  :lol:

BTW, back to the General --- Progress is coming along nicely! The nose is back off the car and everything's finished/primed now. It won't be long now!!!!!!!!!!!!

magnum

Takes a MOPAR to catch a mopar!

jb666

I'll have some more pics in the next few days.  Today I arranged all of the General's good & bad parts in my garage. I have half the General's (old) body beside my garage in storage just waiting for the shows.. The rest is in clean dry storage waiting for it to be finished and put back together.

:cheers:

skip68

:2thumbs:   Coooooool.   post up some picks of the junk pile or what BK calls their custom body work.   :smilielol:   Sorry man.   

skip68

Charger-Bodie

Quit driving that new Charger all the time and post up an update allready!! Please?  :icon_smile_wink:
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

MoparManJim

Quote from: 1hot68 on May 15, 2009, 09:18:49 AM
Quit driving that new Charger all the time and post up an update allready!! Please?  :icon_smile_wink:

Yea, please! This thread had kinda died I would say all a sudden  :o 

I was going to bump it back up but 1hot68 kinda beat me to it  :smilielol:

MoparManJim

Quote from: jb666 on May 10, 2009, 08:04:05 PM
I'll have some more pics in the next few days.  Today I arranged all of the General's good & bad parts in my garage. I have half the General's (old) body beside my garage in storage just waiting for the shows.. The rest is in clean dry storage waiting for it to be finished and put back together.

:cheers:

Okay, it's been afew days now, so where is the photos at? :scratchchin: :shruggy: :lol: 

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

jb666

Sorry guys!! I just got back from our weekend away, BUT, on the way down I stopped at the shop and WOW, some serious progress has been made!!

The nose and doors are off the car, the rest of the car has been blocked and is smooth as a baby's behind. I am really impressed at how this thing looks and feels, it's PERFECTLY straight when your running your hand down the side of it.

Anyways, I got a ton of pics, but I have to resize/upload, and I'm on my way out the door to the gym right now. I'll be back and will make it the first thing I do.  The car is VERY CLOSE to seeing some nice Orange paint on the jams, then the nose/doors go back on and the REAL fun (with color) begins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I decided yesterday to have them shoot color on the back side of the hood.. I didn't think Black would look right.

mikepmcs

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

MoparManJim

Quote from: jb666 on May 17, 2009, 09:53:13 AM
Sorry guys!! I just got back from our weekend away, BUT, on the way down I stopped at the shop and WOW, some serious progress has been made!!

The nose and doors are off the car, the rest of the car has been blocked and is smooth as a baby's behind. I am really impressed at how this thing looks and feels, it's PERFECTLY straight when your running your hand down the side of it.

QuoteAnyways, I got a ton of pics, but I have to resize/upload, and I'm on my way out the door to the gym right now. I'll be back and will make it the first thing I do.  The car is VERY CLOSE to seeing some nice Orange paint on the jams, then the nose/doors go back on and the REAL fun (with color) begins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D yet he has time to go to the gym.. :lol:

QuoteI decided yesterday to have them shoot color on the back side of the hood.. I didn't think Black would look right.

Hey, the series cars had black under the hoods so why wouldn't it have look right?  :-\ :shruggy:

jb666

Quote from: MoparManJim on May 17, 2009, 11:15:24 AM
Quote from: jb666 on May 17, 2009, 09:53:13 AM

QuoteAnyways, I got a ton of pics, but I have to resize/upload, and I'm on my way out the door to the gym right now. I'll be back and will make it the first thing I do.  The car is VERY CLOSE to seeing some nice Orange paint on the jams, then the nose/doors go back on and the REAL fun (with color) begins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D yet he has time to go to the gym.. :lol:

QuoteI decided yesterday to have them shoot color on the back side of the hood.. I didn't think Black would look right.

Hey, the series cars had black under the hoods so why wouldn't it have look right?  :-\ :shruggy:

I spend 2 hours/day in the gym 7 days/week. It's more than a priority for me  :lol:

As for making it "series correct", I am SO far from that point now that it'd be futile of me to even go in that direction. Now I'm just doing these things to make it "my" car, not matching the series car(s). I like the look of painted underside, for some reason...

OK, first, I need this bracket, but for the driver's door, does anyone here have one?

And here we go.. Stripped apart again, but this time for GOOD reasons, the end is near!!!!!!!!!!!!

Like my stylin' wheel/tire combo?? Here you can see some of Jon's handy work which allows my front push bar to be removed. When the nose is on you can barely see these arms, and when the bar's bolted to it the whole assembly is flush and clean.

'69 Camaro just hangin' around... This thing is going to be incredible!!

All of the wheel wells will be done after the car's painted

If you remember the cowl area right after the media blasting, you'll understand why I'm saying that this came out incredible. It was the worst part of the car.

These were all bent/bondo'd when they were sanded down. Now they are all straight and perfect. It took hours to restore this panel alone:

Remember the upper rear panels where they met the rear window?? After blasting it DIDN'T EXIST!

Just admiring the frame connectors and (what's left of) my interior. After Jon finished my floors, he coated the floors. When the dust is off of these they look perfect. I'm covering the entire interior with Dynamat anyways, but I'm happy knowing it's clean underneath now.

:cheers: :cheers: The shots over the next couple of weeks will be awesome.. I should have a few shots with color in my jams soon.

One last thing, in a day or two I'll have a couple of shots of what came out of my driver's door  :eek2: :lol:

mikepmcs

a severed finger??

Car looks great Jeff.  Getting excited now for you.   :2thumbs:
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

skip68

Looking real good Jeff.   :2thumbs:   I bet you never thought you would be at this point back in November.    I bet whatever was in the door has something to do with Ba Ba Ba BK Automotive.   :smilielol:

jb666

Quote from: skip68 on May 17, 2009, 03:05:54 PM
Looking real good Jeff.   :2thumbs:   I bet you never thought you would be at this point back in November.    I bet whatever was in the door has something to do with Ba Ba Ba BK Automotive.   :smilielol:

Yep, Chuck, it sure does!!

Hey, did I tell you what the dealer gave me for a license plate on my new Charger?? You won't believe this.......... "BK1"

Yeah. I ASKED for another plate, because the thought of driving around with BK is #1 or "BK WON" on my car was gonna drive me crazy.. But ALL of their plates had two letters up front and BK1 at the end  :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

skip68

Man, this whole mess is all because of one stupid little illegitimate company with an "owner" that was super smart.   ::)   The level that this has come to still blows my mind.      BK1,  I like it.   :2thumbs: