News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Looking to buy a General Lee? STAY AWAY FROM BK AUTO!! It's almost over!!!

Started by jb666, November 15, 2008, 12:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

lcn187

I have been a LONG time friend of JB666 and a HUGE lover of Mopars so I can completely sympathize with him first hand. I saw the car in person the day after he picked it up and he is right it was a whore in a pretty dress. I fell in love with it that instant as well. Its a tough car NOT TOO.  Car sounded nice and looked nice but aside from that.. well you all know the rest. Since then its been a year in the making and I just saw some photos of it and WOW WOW WOW. This car will make even the toughest critic proud.

MikeH605

Jeff,

Very sweet, can't wait to see it tearing up the road!!

-Mike

jb666

Hey guys thanks for joining/posting, I appreciate the support!!  :cheers: You'll see it (in person) very soon!

Tilar

Is that a run on the door?  :scope:  Just kidding.  ;)  The General is looking real good Jeff. I'm happy for you that it's finally coming together.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

jb666

Quote from: Tilar on August 10, 2009, 05:32:10 PM
Is that a run on the door?  :scope:  Just kidding.  ;)  The General is looking real good Jeff. I'm happy for you that it's finally coming together.

:rofl: Yep, I requested a nice run on the door so people would know it wasn't BK's paint job.

Thanks, I appreciate it  :cheers: :cheers:

jb666

Well, today I got a call with something funky... Big C pulled out the headlights to put them in the car. When they were looking them over, one of them had this wad of "crap" attached to the back of it. Upon further inspection, they discovered a rolled up pack of Marlboro's to use as a spacer.

QUALITY job and yet another custom BK addition on the high-dollar resto... Pics will be up soon  :lol:

teamroth

:smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

As if we expected anything less. I am so excited for the day when there is nothing left that BK auto had their hands on.

Lookin good bud!  :cheers:
I'd rather die than go to heaven.

MoparManJim

Quote from: teamroth on August 11, 2009, 08:06:54 PM
:smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

As if we expected anything less. I am so excited for the day when there is nothing left that BK auto had their hands on.

Lookin good bud!  :cheers:

Hey, now you have to remember what BK once said "Anything under 75K is just a cheap job"  :smilielol:  

That pack had to be to them worth at least 5K  :smilielol:

d/ur/t

Quote from: jb666 on August 11, 2009, 07:15:28 PM
Well, today I got a call with something funky... Big C pulled out the headlights to put them in the car. When they were looking them over, one of them had this wad of "crap" attached to the back of it. Upon further inspection, they discovered a rolled up pack of Marlboro's to use as a spacer.

QUALITY job and yet another custom BK addition on the high-dollar resto... Pics will be up soon  :lol:

Sorry that's my fault I can remember when BK came down to Australia I ran into him in the pub one day {didn't know he was famous back then } and he was telling me how hard it was to get the lights to shine correctly in Australia {left hookers on Right hand roads } so I was pretty pi55y a t t and told {cause I smoke Marlboro } to just roll up a pack and use it as a spacer.Of Course I was joking because I was tanked right to full and I thought he would have known that when I completely fall off the stool at the bar but looks like he did'nt.Once again sorry.
btw just made that up seemed to fit pretty well though. :smilielol:   

jerry

jb666

Quote from: jerry on August 12, 2009, 07:40:31 AM
all it took was how much $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ ???????? :smilielol:

Not as much as I've seen a lot of others posting in past restorations, but more than I want to think about.......  :eek2:

I'm not going to say this was "cheap", by any means, but for what's been done to the car I've gotten off easy. Now I just hope I live to use it.

jb666

Ok, I need some help from you guys that have done your headliners.

Towards the rear/sail panels there appears to have been cardboard under the liner. In mine, there isn't. It was glued up. There are holes with a couple of clips in them but not attached to anything.

Any insight would be helpful -- I'm just curious if (as usual) something is missing.

Blown70

There "should" be a cardboard like part there that the clips go on....not sure if they are remade or not.

alcusswhen

QuoteHe didn't just waltz into a place like HPLAG and get ripped off, he bought the car from a member here on the forums who didn't rip him off on purpose. Yes granted he should have had someone look at the car in person but when you buy from a regular member on the forums you don't worry about such things. The problem being was the member was ripped off by the person who restored the car.

If the guy has been ripped off it was by the seller. When all of this stuff came to light the guy he bought it from should have offered his money back. Or at least been the one dealing with the shop that did the work b ecause he is the one the shop is responsible to not the guy he sold the car to. Or he could given back a couple of grand to help the buyer make the car what he said it was. One more thing just because a person is a member of a board don't make him/her honest, people troll these boards looking for the unknowing to dump there junk on.
Bone 7

73 Charger SE/ 318/391 stroker, 2500 Boss Hogg converter/ 391 sure grip.
07 Charger R/T

jb666

Well, this is a touchy answer, but I WAS offered $$. In fact, I was offered $4k about 50% of the way through this nightmare.

The "deal" with the $$ was that I was to shut my mouth, make this thread go away and post that I was wrong.

They can shove their $4k up their asses. I'm not lying for that kind of $$, and I'm most certainly not going to shut up and hide the truth.

$4k is a DEPOSIT on this job.......

oestermarken

Quote from: jb666 on August 12, 2009, 01:48:20 PM

Towards the rear/sail panels there appears to have been cardboard under the liner. In mine, there isn't. It was glued up. There are holes with a couple of clips in them but not attached to anything.

Any insight would be helpful -- I'm just curious if (as usual) something is missing.

Legendary sells them, $18

https://www.legendaryautointeriors.com/webmodules/catcatalog/dtl_allcatalog2.aspx?class=SB&year=69&desc=charger

/Brian
69 383 4bbl
White Hat Special
Light Bronze Metallic

jb666

Quote from: oestermarken on August 12, 2009, 03:48:07 PM
Quote from: jb666 on August 12, 2009, 01:48:20 PM

Legendary sells them, $18

https://www.legendaryautointeriors.com/webmodules/catcatalog/dtl_allcatalog2.aspx?class=SB&year=69&desc=charger

/Brian

Thanks Brian!!  :cheers: :cheers:

jb666

Ok guys --- Next part(s) that I need, help me identify them...

They attach to the door glass on each side and follow the channel gliding up and down the triangle/vent windows. I believe they are Black plastic, but am not 100% certain. Mine are both pretty much disintegrated.

:popcrn:

Steve P.

Quote from: jb666 on August 12, 2009, 03:37:45 PM

I would think that any machine, body or interior shop will want MUCH more than $4K down to start on ANYTHING they know BK had a hand in after reading and seeing the pics here.    :scratchchin:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

jb666

Quote from: Steve P. on August 12, 2009, 07:50:23 PM
Quote from: jb666 on August 12, 2009, 03:37:45 PM

I would think that any machine, body or interior shop will want MUCH more than $4K down to start on ANYTHING they know BK had a hand in after reading and seeing the pics here.    :scratchchin:

Correction. Most shops out there would be smart to flat out REFUSE any car that came from BK. It'd be cheaper for the owner of the car to buy a clean roller and do the swap-over... The funny thing about that is I had a local guy selling a VERY CLEAN (original) '69 Charger with a nicely built 440. It was Dark Green. I remember telling him "I don't want to pay you $28k then have to pay $20k to have it painted. I'm going to save $$ and buy one done".

MORON!!!!  :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:

jb666

Quote from: jb666 on August 12, 2009, 07:49:30 PM
Ok guys --- Next part(s) that I need, help me identify them...

They attach to the door glass on each side and follow the channel gliding up and down the triangle/vent windows. I believe they are Black plastic, but am not 100% certain. Mine are both pretty much disintegrated.

:popcrn:

Has anyone ever seen this part on EBay? I have no idea what to even call it!!  :popcrn:

Green71R/T

My local supplier Classic Performance had them on the shelf.My invoice describes them as fd32230 various mopar glass channel with strip.They fit A,B.and C body.A bit pricy @ $161 canadian for both doors.

Steve P.

Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

jb666

Quote from: Green71R/T on August 14, 2009, 10:03:05 PM
My local supplier Classic Performance had them on the shelf.My invoice describes them as fd32230 various mopar glass channel with strip.They fit A,B.and C body.A bit pricy @ $161 canadian for both doors.

Thank you!! It gives me a direction to go in  :cheers:

Quote from: Steve P. on August 15, 2009, 12:16:51 AM
Damn buddy, are the nuts under the steering column ok??  :brickwall:

You laugh, but... One of the first things I had to do was the column. The column that BK "rebuilt" was missing all of it's internals (was a column shift, they gutted it). Every time I'd turn the wheel, the horn would go off. It was VERY annoying, but everyone around thought I just loved my horn  :brickwall:

Anyways, I got a custom billet tilt column for the car. When removing the old one there was one bolt PARTIALLY holding the column under the dash and ONE (of 4) holding it to the firewall. The other 3 spots where bolts were supposed to be??? GLAD YOU ASKED!!

ZIP TIES holding it up...

Anywho... Heading into the gym now for a couple of hours, then packing the car up and heading to the shop.. The wheels finally go back where they belong (from my garage to the car!!) and a lot more's been done... Plenty of pics later.