News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Looking to buy a General Lee? STAY AWAY FROM BK AUTO!! It's almost over!!!

Started by jb666, November 15, 2008, 12:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RamchargerMopar

Quote from: jb666 on August 29, 2009, 03:18:57 PM
Quote from: RamchargerMopar on August 29, 2009, 03:17:24 PM
Ok I know the hood is not latched but why does it look like a big gap between the top of the grill and fender? I am a simpleton so forgive me for asking...
You actually aren't a simpleton. The top of the grille/support area still has to have some final adjustments, but the hood latch assembly hasn't arrived yet, so that'll be last.

Ah ok! thanks I was wondering about the gap for some time now. It looks soooo Good! I can hardly wait to see it with my own eyes!
Mopar or No Car!

jb666

Quote from: NOT Just 6T9 CHGR on August 29, 2009, 03:19:18 PM
Jeff do you have a '69 R/R tail light lined up?  The one in there is from a '70....just curious...

Ok, maybe now I'm the simpleton, but how can you tell?

Just 6T9 CHGR

See the small reflector in the center of the light?  Mandatory in 1970.

The fact that this light has the gray stripe painted on the bottom like the '69 did tells me that its from a '70 XH base model car....
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

jb666

Quote from: NOT Just 6T9 CHGR on August 29, 2009, 03:23:15 PM
See the small reflector in the center of the light?  Mandatory in 1970.

The fact that this light has the gray stripe painted on the bottom like the '69 did tells me that its from a '70 XH base model car....

You know, had my flash not caught that exact angle, I don't think I'd have noticed that...   :cheers: :cheers:

I am curious though, what Gray stripe??

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

jb666

Quote from: NOT Just 6T9 CHGR on August 29, 2009, 03:29:20 PM
The gray stripe that '69 tail lights have on them.....

Oh lookie!!

An NOS right side assy!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NOS-MOPAR-69-70-DODGE-CHARGER-DAYTONA-TAIL-LAMP-ASSY_W0QQitemZ270446727368QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item3ef7e190c8&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245

Do it!!  Do it NOW!!!

$400?!?! You crazy!  :rofl: For something that can't be noticed unless you're either on top of it or flashing light directly on it?? 

Go Hogs Go

Neither of the tail lights on my 69 have a gray stripe. I guess I've been running 70's for all this time and never had a clue :-\
Go Hogs!

jb666

Quote from: Go Hogs Go on August 29, 2009, 03:44:43 PM
Neither of the tail lights on my 69 have a gray stripe. I guess I've been running 70's for all this time and never had a clue :-\

And I just scanned through every single one of my pictures and am hard pressed to SEE this difference.. Maybe I'm just blind, but it's too small a difference to me to spend good $$ to change. Hopefully any views of my tail lights will be seen are those pulling quickly away from them, leaving them little time to study them.  :nana:

Go Hogs Go

Go Hogs!

Troy

Are they going to paint the bottom of the inner door? If not you're going to have an obvious 2-3" orange stripe between the carpet and door panel. Seems to be very common (or much more noticeable) on GL clones. The factory painted the inner door to match the interior color from the door seal parting line inwards. I'd have to black out the radiator too - the detail on the grill will stand out that much more. It looks great though. Glad to see all the progress!

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

jb666

Quote from: Troy on August 29, 2009, 04:22:47 PM
Are they going to paint the bottom of the inner door? If not you're going to have an obvious 2-3" orange stripe between the carpet and door panel. Seems to be very common (or much more noticeable) on GL clones. The factory painted the inner door to match the interior color from the door seal parting line inwards. I'd have to black out the radiator too - the detail on the grill will stand out that much more. It looks great though. Glad to see all the progress!

Troy

Thanks Troy!!

No, I'm leaving the Orange strip along the bottom of the door. I like the looks of it that way and chose to leave it.

As for Blacking out the radiator, they offered, but I declined. When the motor gets pulled to do the engine bay that'll be done then, but there's no need to yank that apart at this time.  :cheers: . Same thing applies to the horn(s). Eventually those will be tucked out of site, but for now, I like the look.

Steve P.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Dearest Jeff,

The next time you decide to post these wonderful pictures and then completely out of the blue toss in some of the FRANKENSTEIN pictures you had better give fair warning.  I will let you get away with it this time, but consider yourself fairly warned. The next time you make me want to throw up I will remove the entire thread...  ;)

Seriously, I threw up a little going from such art to the splatter welded, bondo'd  mess.  You owe me.....  :slap:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

jb666

Quote from: Steve P. on August 29, 2009, 05:55:21 PM
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Dearest Jeff,

The next time you decide to post these wonderful pictures and then completely out of the blue toss in some of the FRANKENSTEIN pictures you had better give fair warning.  I will let you get away with it this time, but consider yourself fairly warned. The next time you make me want to throw up I will remove the entire thread...  ;)

Seriously, I threw up a little going from such art to the splatter welded, bondo'd  mess.  You owe me.....  :slap:

:smilielol: and here this whole time I thought you were referring to the model posing beside Frank's Charger!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Ok Steve, you have my word, I will never do that again, I pinky swear......... Did I just say that?  :scratchchin:

jb666

Well guys, there was a little accident at the shop today.. My General is DEFINITELY one of a kind now!!

:o

Hemidog

MoparManJim

jb666

Quote from: Hemidog on August 30, 2009, 02:15:09 PM
Much better!  :2thumbs:

:nana:

Oh come on now, don't be blue..  :'(

I actually got a call from the shop TODAY. There's some work being done to my car that should make a few people happy (no, I didn't paint it OEM colors), but the pics will have to wait till next Saturday.

:cheers: :cheers:

MoparManJim

Quote from: jb666 on August 30, 2009, 02:18:01 PM

I actually got a call from the shop TODAY. There's some work being done to my car that should make a few people happy (no, I didn't paint it OEM colors), but the pics will have to wait till next Saturday.

Um.. It got a hood latch or I another tail light or the glass installed or sound deadner? Or am I even close? :smilielol:

jb666

Quote from: MoparManJim on August 30, 2009, 02:52:06 PM
Quote from: jb666 on August 30, 2009, 02:18:01 PM

Um.. It got a hood latch or I another tail light or the glass installed or sound deadner? Or am I even close? :smilielol:

Actually, none of the above  :lol:

I'm not touching the tail light until I find one reasonably on EBay, here, or at Carlisle next year. It's not something anyone's going to notice unless they are right on top of the car. I've posted 2,000 pictures of the car before/during/after and it was just spotted yesterday because of the way the flash hit the light, so no biggie..

Dynamat is waiting until winter (when I'm looking for projects). And the glass will be some week day...

7dcharger

Quote from: jb666 on August 29, 2009, 03:35:04 PM

Oh lookie!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NOS-MOPAR-69-70-DODGE-CHARGER-DAYTONA-TAIL-LAMP-ASSY_W0QQitemZ270446727368QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item3ef7e190c8&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245

Do it!!  Do it NOW!!!

$400?!?! You crazy!  :rofl: For something that can't be noticed unless you're either on top of it or flashing light directly on it?? 

I have a 69 that I'll trade you straight up for the 70. PM me if your interested in it.

jb666

Quote from: 7dcharger on August 30, 2009, 05:32:56 PM
Quote from: jb666 on August 29, 2009, 03:35:04 PM

Oh lookie!!

Do it!!  Do it NOW!!!

I have a 69 that I'll trade you straight up for the 70. PM me if your interested in it.

PM sent!!  :cheers:

b5blue

That's what I like about this place..... :2thumbs:   Righteous brothers, helping others.

RamchargerMopar

Oooooooh Myyyy Love, Myyyy Darlin. I hunnnnnnger for yourrrrr love, a long ,lonnnnnnnnlyyyyy Time... Oh oops wrong Righteous Brothers  :icon_smile_big:
Mopar or No Car!

MoparManJim

Quote from: RamchargerMopar on August 31, 2009, 11:46:04 AM
Oooooooh Myyyy Love, Myyyy Darlin. I hunnnnnnger for yourrrrr love, a long ,lonnnnnnnnlyyyyy Time... Oh oops wrong Righteous Brothers  :icon_smile_big:

Hey, I once heard that song! I like it, you was doing a good job.  :lol: