News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Looking to buy a General Lee? STAY AWAY FROM BK AUTO!! It's almost over!!!

Started by jb666, November 15, 2008, 12:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jb666

Quote from: Brock Samson on March 29, 2011, 07:36:13 PM
ok, well, whatever man,.. BTW: i found the perfect addition to finish off your ride!..  :yesnod:

http://kalecoauto.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=1

That's beautiful, thanks! I'll buy a set for both of us.. Then we'll hit the track!  :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

MoparManJim

Quote from: Brock Samson on March 29, 2011, 07:25:18 PM

Comic irony: Irony that is humorous (whereas much irony is not)
Dramatic irony: When the audience (or reader) knows a fictional character is making a mistake, because the reader has more information than the character.
Tragic irony: A type of dramatic irony. In tragic irony, a character's actions lead to consequences that are both tragic, and contrary to the character's desire and intentions.
Historical irony: A kind of situational irony that takes a long period of years for the irony to become evident.
Socratic irony: When a person asks questions, pretending not to understand, to lure the interlocutor into a logical trap. (Socrates, in Plato's dialogues, was a master of this technique.)

First I get the Irony of the correct exhaust tubes being used to duplicate a series one General Lee. quite possibly by accident. Jim seems to have had that pass well over his head and seems unable to let go of something that transpired elsewhere and should PLEASE be left there... in other words, do not respond further Jim.  :RantExplode:

Second: i'm talking about the other thread JB, where we all tried to warn you not to purchase from Hans aka BK and company,.. I can't find the Part or thread where you discovered where Your Charger was actually slapped together there...
How did you discover that?...
Maybe i should'a read all 200 pages?..  :smilielol:

:shruggy: :lol:

Brock Samson

Quote from: jb666 on March 29, 2011, 07:37:31 PM
ok, well, whatever man,.. BTW: i found the perfect addition to finish off your ride!..  :yesnod:

That's beautiful, thanks! I'll buy a set for both of us.. Then we'll hit the track!  :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

Kewl! can i git mine in red to match my painted front brake discs?..  :icon_smile_tongue:

jb666

Quote from: Brock Samson on March 29, 2011, 07:48:47 PM
Quote from: jb666 on March 29, 2011, 07:37:31 PM

Kewl! can i git mine in red to match my painted front brake discs?..  :icon_smile_tongue:

Anything you want buddy.. It's on me!!  :cheers:

Personally I don't think Maxim is in the wrong for stating the roll cage and I don't think there are any grounds to argue it. He simply stated that it's one of the things BK did right, whether it be coincidence or not. The fact the Maxim even implied that it was possibly by coincidence shows that he is quite aware what this thread is about. He's stating a fact, not an opinion, which I think was taken personally.

I personally find this thread quite fascinating as I believe my car went down a similar path to the car in this thread, although not quite as severe.....

MaximRecoil

Okay, I've made it through most of the thread, and I have a question for jb666. Earlier in the thread, before the car was painted, you said you weren't going with a show quality paint job because it will be a General Lee and not a show car. Is the paint job you ended up with an example of your shop's average paint job, or did you change your mind and decide to go all out on the paint? If that's an example of their average paint job then damn, what does their high end paint job look like? The paint job on your car looks amazing, like you could fall into it, or use it as a shaving mirror.

If it were me, I would use wheels & tires like the Warner Brothers General Lees had, but that's a matter of personal preference. The quality that went into your car, especially considering the mess they had to start with, is incredible. The world would be a better place if every shop was like your shops.

Aside from the amazing paint and bodywork, a couple things that I really like about your car are the real/functional 6 point rollcage, and the "quick detach" system for your push bumper (I especially like how your guy not only made it quick detach, but reinforced it at the same time to eliminate side-to-side flex).

Whoever did your grill could have taught "all the king's horses and all the king's men" a thing or two about putting things back together again. Incredible.

I like the lack of vinyl top trim and the lack of wheel well lip trim on your car. Most Warner Brothers General Lees had the vinyl top trim (which I've never cared for because that trim is only on cars with vinyl tops from the factory, and looks odd on a non-vinyl top car) and quite a few of them also had the wheel well trim, but there were some that didn't have either, like this one:

And that's always been the look I prefer. I find it cleaner looking, with nothing to break up the smooth flow in the transition from quarter panel to C-pillar.

resq302

and notice no marker or reflector lens in the quarter panel either.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

MaximRecoil

Quote from: resq302 on March 31, 2011, 03:04:14 PM
and notice no marker or reflector lens in the quarter panel either.

No reverse lights in the rear valance either. That's because the side markers and reverse lights were different for '68s and '69s, and since nearly half of the Warner Brothers General Lees were actually '68s dressed up as '69s, they started making it a policy to delete the side markers and (in the case of '69s) reverse lights to maintain continuity; i.e., so that every car looked the same regardless of whether they started with a '68 or '69. In the earlier shows, you would sometimes see General Lees with round '68 side markers and no reverse lights in the rear valance, whereas others would have rectangular side markers and reverse lights in the rear valance.

I actually like the overall clean look of that. Side marker lights are the result of regulations that went into effect in 1968 (Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard #108), pre-'68 vehicles didn't require them. Cars look better without them in my opinion, which isn't surprising considering they were the brainchild of bureaucrats rather than car designers.

jb666

Well, I'm set up (after a 12 hour day yesterday) at World Of Wheels and ready to have a nice long weekend!!!

And yes, the Stanchions got taped down.. Nervous about someone leaning into them knocking them into the car(s).

There are some AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWESOME Mopars in this show. I'll take plenty of pictures.

BIGBLCK11

:2thumbs: Enjoy showing her off and have a great time this weekend!  Looking forward to the pics.

FLG

jb666

So far it's been very busy!!! Great show!!!

I pity the fool!!!

Met Lil daddy roth... What an amazing guy...

But all and all an awesome turnout!!!

jb666

Huge Wins this weekend. All of the hard work was suddenly worth it. 50 hours on our feet... Tons of people.

Best in class and Best overall street!!

Best of all??? Lil daddy Roth baby!!!! This guy rules!!!!!!

mikepmcs

Way to go Jeff!
Superbowl of car shows...can't get any better than that.
:cheers:
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

resq302

Well deserved Jeff!  That my friend, is the light that was at the end of the tunnel!  Just curious since you seemed to clean house..... did they have any higher awards than what you got or did you top em all?
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

jb666

Yes, There were several "big" awards with $$ at the end that the really crazy cars got. I was happy!!!

satellite plumah

Nice job Jeff it looked great!  that means you stood out in a show with nationwide talent. some of those cars were unbelivable show cars from all over USA ,pushed into trailers and waxed, never to see the road.   YOU drive home,   NUFF SAID!!   :cheers: 

Back N Black

Darkman

Make it idiot proof, and somebody will make a better idiot!

If you think Education is difficult, try being stupid!

MoparManJim

Way to go Jeff, bud! I'm just now getting back at a certain project, well afew since my hand if feeling alittle better and not as sore that it was last week after what had happen to it (none model building related). I'm glad to see you did well at the show.  :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :coolgleamA:

The70RT

<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

jb666

Thanks guys! It's been surreal.  I took a cruise yesterday, with the wife.. It's amazing how this car drives now... One word, from start to finish... Perfect.  :2thumbs: :2thumbs: