News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Looking to buy a General Lee? STAY AWAY FROM BK AUTO!! It's almost over!!!

Started by jb666, November 15, 2008, 12:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

autodynamics

Nice where world of wheels at ?
We are going to come down heavy
Heavy metal muscle

472 R/T SE

jb, I think I need to mention something that's been bugging me.

You've posted far too many pictures in your thread.  Do you think maybe in the future you could just post links to your photos'?

-One thread at a time, making DC.com a better place for everyone.   :2thumbs:

autodynamics

b5blue

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on December 31, 2011, 04:43:27 PM

You've posted far too many pictures in your thread.  Do you think maybe in the future you could just post links to your photos'?

I don't understand why it would "bug" anyone? Each pic was/is fine with me, granted to quote, and include the pic again is kinda redundant but Jeff's worked so hard and we shared his heartbreak, trials and setbacks so the pics are part of the path to victory of determination. Just as project "Blue Thunder" also inspires us to press on regardless, Jeff and Allen have both shown what the will to accomplish something can achieve.
  In Jeff's case, to continue past the original concept to a whole new level of performance warrants more pics, and the following awards and much deserved recognition justify even more pics.  :2thumbs: Well Done Jeff!       

FlatbackFanatic

Flatback Fanatic, Kurt  , MN

nvrbdn

if you think this post has too many pic's, stay far away from moparmanjim's model page :2thumbs: if im lookin at a resto, i wanna see pic's.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

jb666

You've posted far too many pictures in your thread.  Do you think maybe in the future you could just post links to your photos'?

-One thread at a time, making DC.com a better place for everyone.   :2thumbs:
:rofl: Nice... I love it..  :rofl:

Quote from: autodynamics on December 29, 2011, 06:50:45 PM
Nice where world of wheels at ?
We are going to come down heavy
Heavy metal muscle

It's in Boston..World Trade Center... April 1st..  Not 100% sure I'm doing it this year, though.

Quote from: nvrbdn on January 09, 2012, 06:00:33 PM
if you think this post has too many pic's, stay far away from moparmanjim's model page :2thumbs: if im lookin at a resto, i wanna see pic's.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

MoparManJim

Quote from: jb666 on January 09, 2012, 06:01:22 PM

Quote from: nvrbdn on January 09, 2012, 06:00:33 PM

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Sense you spoke about things, this is one of the threads I was talking about in my other thread about having "alot" of photos posted an no one bitching about it like they did at me for my stuff. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: 

PS don't worry I won't post any photos on this site... just links. BTW, Jeff, you one heck of a very fine looking charger! :cheers: :2thumbs:

Bobs69

How the hell are we going to learn anything without the pictures.

I thought for sure the guy who posted about too many pictures had to be joking.  What's the big deal?  Storage space?

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: Bobs69 on January 09, 2012, 08:12:38 PM
How the hell are we going to learn anything without the pictures.

I thought for sure the guy who posted about too many pictures had to be joking.  What's the big deal?  Storage space?

I'm also pretty sure he was joking and possibly mocking someone else.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

tippytoe

Sorry if this question has already been adressed (I just found this thread & didn't feel like reading all 205 pages of it), but are there any reputable General Lee builders that put out good clones ? I have missed my GL since the day I sold it (even though it was a beater) & would like to find a nice driver Lee.

Ghoste

Quote from: tippytoe on January 13, 2012, 12:28:46 PM
Sorry if this question has already been adressed (I just found this thread & didn't feel like reading all 205 pages of it), but are there any reputable General Lee builders that put out good clones ? I have missed my GL since the day I sold it (even though it was a beater) & would like to find a nice driver Lee.

I think your best bet is to do it yourself.

model maker

Anytime i go to Autobuy.com and search 69 chargers, all they seem to have is Orange  G L chargers with price tags of $25,000. could these be BK or halpag under different names ? When you  see a sea of orange chargers you wonder whats really underneath all of the new paint !
MODEL MAKER

dkn1997

:iagree:

Jeff, you could have substituted math problems for many of those pics.  I think you should be more considerate in the future.   :insertsarcasm:
RECHRGED

hollywood1336

I feel for you guys, The two idiots at Texas Toy Box are a couple of crooks as well. I bought a 68 Dodge Charger from them and they completely misrepresented the car. A little old lady owned it according to the old man, always garaged. I have mentioned these guys before on this site. Anyone looking for a Mopar to buy stay away from these guys, they will come off as your best friends and sell you a piece of junk. BEWARE!

ChgrSteve67

Clicking on links and closing windows are a PITA

I prefer more pictures and less commentary.

c00nhunterjoe

I enjoyed all parts of the thread. Tons of info and great angled shots for details that I have been looking for

jb666

Thanks guys.. I was trying to make the thread as informative as possible, and I think external links would have been a major PITA... Just my opinion though, I like seeing images embedded...

It's funny, but I breezed through this thread over the weekend.. Seems like so long ago..

Just a couple of weeks ago I had a Wilwood big brake kit installed on all four corners. I had a custom set of 10" Vectors made, and the rear end was narrowed 3" to keep them tucked in.. The 295 drag radials tuck PERFECTLY under the rear of the car and they hook up like nothing I've ever felt before..

Line lock will be installed on the car in the next week or two...  Swapped out the Cal-Trac spring on each side with a custom arched spring. I wanted a bit more of a rake than what I had.. I LOVE the way it's sitting now... Sorry guys, a few more (embedded) pictures... If you want to spare yourself the pain of more pics.. leave now...

I cranked my torsion bars down a bit in the front... Had too much of a gasser look the way I was running around...

Had a set of custom '70 highback buckets made up to match the color/pattern of my rear seat...

Cool shot, you can see the metal flake and the new stance...

And finally, two weeks late for the World Of Wheels 2012, my buddy at Boomer McLouds put together the most amazing system in the car... Moonshine bottles and all... This is it closed...

And here it is with the 22" screen open...

Hmmm.. What's next?? We are toying with the idea of building a radical gasser GL... I know you guys must be so excited at the though of this.... Yeahhhhhhhhh buddy!!

WHITE AND RED 69

The car looks awesome and the trunk is one of the coolest i've ever seen. Nice touch with the TV, never would think their was one under the wood.   :2thumbs:
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

jb666

Quote from: WHITE AND RED 69 on July 08, 2012, 04:07:41 PM
The car looks awesome and the trunk is one of the coolest i've ever seen. Nice touch with the TV, never would think their was one under the wood.   :2thumbs:

Thank you! I know it's not for everyone, but I'm a HUGE audio/video nut.. Love having a good system in every vehicle. So, this winter I spent a lot of time dynamatting the entire car top to bottom...

Everything INSIDE the car is 100% hidden. The AM radio is still in it's correct location.. CB and all.. The receiver is hidden and nothing can be seen but a small white cable next to my seat, where I plug my IPhone in and control the audio...  If I didn't pop the trunk you'd never know it had anything audio related...

The 20 year old cedar was a nice touch too... Gives it the vintage look.

autodynamics

Hey snap some pics of the shortend rear end and the new stance from the rear !!!
Curious about the vectors stretched

marshallfry01

WOW!!!! That truck is freakin awesome! I love it!! And I know what you mean by being an audio nut. I gotta have a good system in my truck. I guess it just shows my young age...18.. Lol. Your car is amazing! It sure has came a long way!
1969 Charger 383/auto
1969 Charger R/T 440/auto (waiting to be restored)
1972 Chevelle SS clone 383 sbc
1959 Chevy Apache short bed stepside
1968 Charger (glorified parts car)
Yes, I know I have too many cars. My wife reminds me daily.

marshallfry01

I meant to say I love your trunk, not truck. You gotta love autocorrect. :/
1969 Charger 383/auto
1969 Charger R/T 440/auto (waiting to be restored)
1972 Chevelle SS clone 383 sbc
1959 Chevy Apache short bed stepside
1968 Charger (glorified parts car)
Yes, I know I have too many cars. My wife reminds me daily.