News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Looking to buy a General Lee? STAY AWAY FROM BK AUTO!! It's almost over!!!

Started by jb666, November 15, 2008, 12:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jb666

Quote from: Back N Black on December 19, 2008, 06:28:01 PM
I fully agree that BK did wrong and should be shut down. But every time i see another piece of the mess being unveiled, i can't help but think where is the owner during this build?  did he not see the car after it was blasted?  Was there a written quote on the job? If so, did he not get suspicious when the price kept going up? Did he not stop in unannounced to check  the work that was being done? How could you not see a exhaust pipe roll bar tack welded to the floor?  :shruggy:

The owner was in Maryland, the builder was in Texas. Brian CLAIMS that any time he called BK to question them, they'd threaten to put a lein on the car if he didn't pay his bill.

Why he's not posting here, I have no clue, but I can't force him.

As for the exhaust pipe roll bar, well that was a horrific mess.

Oh, this is what was found when the console was removed from the car.. New floors??? WTF?!?!? It's no wonder it was so damned hot inside that car!! Not to mention the noise...Where's the attention to detail here???

jb666

BTW, I was told that ALL WELDING on this car was done by a "wyotech certified chassis engineer". What the Hell are they teaching there these days, and I wonder if this is how they'd like their company name being used... Might have to drop them a line...

:popcrn:

Ghoste

If you can prove he said that then yes, I think they should definitely know it.

hemi-hampton

BK figured thats nothing a little carpet couldn't fix, I mean hide. :hah:

jb666

Quote from: Ghoste on December 19, 2008, 06:43:52 PM
If you can prove he said that then yes, I think they should definitely know it.

Done. A call to Wyotec was just made. A manager got on the phone immediately and took the information and the link to this thread. He said this is NOT how they want their name being used and they are known for work on OCC, NOT THIS.

:cheers:

jb666

Also, to finish seam sealing and undercoating the entire floor section, they went to remove the fuel line.. It was nice and easy since all they had to do was cut the tie wraps.

The Lokar kickdown linkage was mounted on a flimsy sheet metal bracket and not adjusted correctly (which can kill a 727 pretty quickly!). The cable itself was bolted to a fabricated SHEET METAL tab that would flex when ever the shifter was moved.. Explains why there was no first gear...

The part that scares me the most is they haven't made their way up to check out the engine install, yet... What the Hell are they going to find up there.

Steve P.

Let's just hope they find the (bought and paid for), HEMI.................. 
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

hemi-hampton

Luckily nobody slamed that shifter into gear to hard or they could be holding that shifter in there hand after it broke lose :icon_smile_dissapprove:

jb666

Quote from: hemi-hampton on December 19, 2008, 07:24:58 PM
Luckily nobody slamed that shifter into gear to hard or they could be holding that shifter in there hand after it broke lose :icon_smile_dissapprove:

I was told "So what, it's not pretty, it worked, didn't it? It held together, didn't it?"

Actually, no, it wasn't bolted down to the floor. It DIDNT work, because I had no first gear..

So  :brickwall:

teamroth

I was just about to ask. How is the Hemi? I'm scared to find out the answer. Best of luck man!

Thad
I'd rather die than go to heaven.

jb666

Quote from: teamroth on December 19, 2008, 07:28:45 PM
I was just about to ask. How is the Hemi? I'm scared to find out the answer. Best of luck man!

Thad

So aren't I!! He's checking out the install next.. Then doing a leak-down test. I'm praying that's all fine.

skip68

skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Charger-Bodie

What brand of undercoating was used on it?

That stuff looks really nice.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

jb666

Quote from: 1hot68 on December 21, 2008, 12:12:12 AM
What brand of undercoating was used on it?

That stuff looks really nice.

It does!! These pictures do it no justice, but the undercoating looks GREAT, and gives it that factory finished look!!

I'll find out the brand of the undercoating and I'll let you know. Here are a few more shots.. The car has the exhaust & rear end back - It's finally starting to look like a car again!!

Here you can see the e-brake cable going in through the new sub frame connectors.

Look ma, no rot!

A LITTLE bit nicer looking then my original inner quarters!!

BEFORE:

This is awesome:

Compare to:

Check out the beautiful patch jobs here:

And finally, the whole undercarriage all the way to the front has been completed!!

hemi-hampton

Looks like somebody forgot to drill the plug hole & put a plug in it on lower trunk extension. Besides that looks real nice :2thumbs: LEON.

jb666

Quote from: hemi-hampton on December 21, 2008, 12:45:32 PM
Looks like somebody forgot to drill the plug hole & put a plug in it on lower trunk extension. Besides that looks real nice :2thumbs: LEON.

That would be me.. I didn't want any holes in this thing that weren't absolutely necessary.. Do they really matter?? This car will never see bad weather.

As for the undercoating, here's the answer I just got:

the factory look comes from spraying 3M sprayable seam sealer and then going over it with 3M rubberized undercoating

jb666

BTW, how do you like this shift arm?? Sorry for the crappy picture, but you get the idea.. This thing is HORRIBLE!!

Ghoste

jb666

Quote from: Ghoste on December 21, 2008, 03:41:13 PM
Is there any part of that car they didn't butcher?

Ummm.. Lemme think.. Ummm... Air pressure? No, wait, that was even off... Ummm....

Can I get back to you on that, it may require some thought.

Steve P.

Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

General_01

1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

jb666

Quote from: Steve P. on December 21, 2008, 05:40:13 PM
Right side inner headlight.  :D

Nope, that was blown out  :lol:

Actually, I can't really think of anything that either didn't need replacing or wasn't hacked..  :shruggy:

tan top

Quote from: jb666 on December 21, 2008, 07:00:17 PM
Quote from: Steve P. on December 21, 2008, 05:40:13 PM
Right side inner headlight.  :D

Nope, that was blown out  :lol:

Actually, I can't really think of anything that either didn't need replacing or wasn't hacked..  :shruggy:

the more i keep looking at this car ..i can't believe what they have done  :brickwall: .....  .....
whats worrying me now is looks like they had the oil pan off the HEMI  & changed it out for a milodon 7 qrt ... wonder if they used the correct pick up ....  or  utilized a drinking straw  :scratchchin:  sorry for sounding sarcastic but ,  every thing these guys have done is just ****

its looking real good under there now JB ..that 3m spray sealer is good ... used it many times before .
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

skip68

:slap:  Like I said before Jeff, I bet the seat belts are nice.  :smilielol:   :scratchchin:  The horn button looked good too.   :yesnod:   :scratchchin:   :scratchchin:  I would check that rear end and make sure it's from Strange.  :yesnod:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Ghoste

That's just insane, I guess the paint and bondo were new so his customers should be grateful for that.  Hey BK, the next time you're lurking on here, I'm curious, do you actually even know one single thing about cars or auto repair?  Just one?