News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Looking to buy a General Lee? STAY AWAY FROM BK AUTO!! It's almost over!!!

Started by jb666, November 15, 2008, 12:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jb666

Ok, I'm not sure where to start, so I'll just jump in..

If you don't remember what the car looked like last weekend, look here before seeing these pictures, so that you can see just what's been done this week. Scroll about 1/2 way down where the pictures begin.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,50620.2040.html

The chrome/vinyl roof trim holes are filled in, along with the holes for the Charger emblems that were there. These were filled in with weld, not mud. They are all coated over on top, as you can see. Smooth as a baby's bottom!!

ALL areas up here that were rotted were cut out and fresh metal is now in it's place. The post was sent to me this week by 1Hot68, so that entire (old) post will be cut out once that arrives. It wasn't worth cutting/patching it when a clean donor pc was available.

The cowl is repaired on both sides.

The windshield trim/channel is repaired. That, as you may remember was a MESS. You can go back a few pages for reference. I will find the exact location in this thread and post a link in a few minutes.

The top of the quarters outside/in was rotted on both sides. This has been replaced and is still a work in progress

Check out the old vs new ends of the rear quarters where the trim extensions go on  :eek2:

The trunk/lock support once the rear panel was cut off... Left hanging. And the shop discovered BK didn't even weld the rear of the trunk pan in when they "installed" it.

Driver's side upper quarter metal, old vs new:

TO BE CONTINUED........

jb666

Rear panel removed.. The new one will be here the middle of this week.

The lower valance is done, as well. I've asked the shop NOT to put the 'line' back in the panel that separates the sections. I like the smooth look, and knowing it's not smooth with BONDO is great.

Driver's side work in progress:

The driver's side door post was fairly solid to begin with. It required new metal in a couple of spots:

Just an odd shot showing the rear window/roof line. This is the section that the huge 2" thick chunks of Bondo (earlier in this thread) came from.

A few random shots to compare to what I posted from last week...

Just to show how bad this post really is:

TO BE CONTINUED....

jb666

Just a couple of random shots..

This I took because I LOVED the metal-flake in this paint  :coolgleamA:

Here's a couple of tanks that were recently done. AWESOME, in person. The paint/detail is incredible!!

And here are a few of the shop's project cars.

THIS IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!! If you could have seen the chassis and design work that went into this thing  :o . Jon built the car, now it's here to be turned into a show piece!!

Another cool rod:

This is awesome in person too!! I love the old Pontiacs.

A '71 Charger 440 hood hanging on the wall:

A couple of chopper projects going on:

And finally, one of the nicest custom bikes you'll ever see. This guy's a riot, and has got talent oozing out of every pore!!

THE END of pictures for today.

captnsim

Wow those are some nice looking rides...  :yesnod: Good idea to ditch that door post.  :2thumbs: Glad to see your on the down hill side of the battle  :cheers:

jb666

Quote from: captnsim on February 28, 2009, 02:37:07 PM
Wow those are some nice looking rides...  :yesnod: Good idea to ditch that door post.  :2thumbs: Glad to see your on the up hill side of the battle  :cheers:
You have no idea how good it felt not to see the car looking like swiss cheese this week. It's the first time in a while I've felt GOOD about this thing and can actually picture the finished product!! :cheers:

skip68

Is it just me or does the passenger side of the roll bar that goes down by the door look bent ?   :shruggy:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

BIRD67

JB, does the BK stand for Bondo King? Also, have you considered adding some metalflake to the orange once it gets painted or is it going to be a dead nuts, replica to the show?
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own. I resign. -Number 6, The Prisoner

R.I.P. Matthew Fraser 4/30/10

skip68

I'd scrap those bars.  But, that's just me.  I just know that having kids it makes it nice to not have them climbing all over like the center just to get in the back seat.   Again, just my  :Twocents:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Brock Samson

I've been following along 'n I'm glad your pushing through and building the car you want, i wonder if i could trouble you for a couple shots of the orange 300 M next to your ride,.. I'm a fan being a M owner and have never seen one that color before, which looks to be the modern "Burnt Orange"..

skip68

OK.  I'm sorry.  That monk-e-mail was cool.  :smilielol: :2thumbs:  I'll leave the car design to you guys and I'll go back to my corner.   P.S.  Give this to Jon. :moon:

The70RT

Have you seen those digital picture frames? Instead of bringing a laptop you could set a couple of them in you trunk and not have to do anything. It is it's own digital slide show. You can load pics from your camera memory card. Just stick the card in and let it go, it will display as many pics as you card has. You can set you slide show for how long to show each pic....5 sec, 10 sec, etc. I got one for like 50 bucks and has like a 5 X 7 screen. They have larger ones as well. I'm not sure if you can get ones that run on battery's or not. If you had power though it would be a great way to show all the carnage.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

jb666

And if there's anyone here that frequents the F-Body forums, I'm on a mission to find this poor guy.

:popcrn:

skip68

Remember me asking about that last year ?   I said I bet that the old crappy covers are still on under the new ones.    :rotz:   I've been trying to find him too.  We will.

WingCharger

Quote from: skip68 on February 28, 2009, 04:11:21 PM
Remember me asking about that last year ?   I said I bet that the old crappy covers are still on under the new ones.    :rotz:   I've been trying to find him too.  We will.
Contact BK at a different email address saying you are a magazine editor, and you want to run a story on his professionally built Firebird. It looks like quite a unique car. :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:

BIRD67

JB, I'm a GM F-body guy, but I don't belong to any of the F-bod forums, because it is mostly the 98-02 Crapmaros and Ls-this and Ls-that.. :RantExplode:

I find it funny that they put a '73 nose on it but they kept the 75 Bumper and taillights, not to mention they put '72 Grilles on there..At least they kept a Pontiac in a Pontiac..

Anyways.. Did BK mess with your Vin tag or Fender tag at all?
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own. I resign. -Number 6, The Prisoner

BIRD67

FAIL! Man, once you get this car done, I hope you do burnouts all over their lawn! These guys make my dog look like a master mechanic!