News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Looking to buy a General Lee? STAY AWAY FROM BK AUTO!! It's almost over!!!

Started by jb666, November 15, 2008, 12:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jb666

Hey 1Hot68, thanks for the passenger side door post. It's as clean as you said and a LOT more than I thought it was going to be. It's donor parts like this that make projects like mine possible  :cheers: :cheers:

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: jb666 on March 02, 2009, 10:00:14 PM
Hey 1Hot68, thanks for the passenger side door post. It's as clean as you said and a LOT more than I thought it was going to be. It's donor parts like this that make projects like mine possible  :cheers: :cheers:

Enjoy it in good health!!!!

But yeah, I hope it works out well.  :2thumbs:
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

WS23U1A

Jeff: I just finished reading the entire thread. What BK's doing...that shit aint right. Anyway, I found some info on Royal Purple's faq page I thought you might find intersting.

Does Royal Purple maintain its purple color after it's put into service?

No. The dye that's used to color the oil dissipates shortly after being put into service. The color will turn brown at some point.

I'm on your side, & wouldn't want BK to be able to dispute any of your claims.

Stretch: How's that baby girl? I hope she looks like her mom!
'71 Charger R/T - 1 of 332 - 440 MAGNUM - Ramcharger Hood - 4-Speed - AM/Cassette Player w/Michrophone - 3.54 Dana 60 - Rear Spoiler - FE5 Bright Red - White Buckets w/Console - Black Vinyl Top

Stretch

Quote from: WS23U1A on March 03, 2009, 02:55:19 PM

Stretch: How's that baby girl? I hope she looks like her mom!

She's doing great, and I hope she looks just like me so I don't have to worry about boys! LOL
I may be schizophrenic but at least I have us!

autodynamics

skip68

I hope the next BK uniform Thomas will have on will come with an apron and smell of french fries and the biggest thing he is in charge of is cooking them tasty patties.   :smilielol:    ;)   Chuck...........
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

dodgecharger-fan

Quote from: skip68 on March 04, 2009, 01:48:07 AM
I hope the next BK uniform Thomas will have on will come with an apron and smell of french fries and the biggest thing he is in charge of is cooking them tasty patties.   :smilielol:    ;)   Chuck...........

Bondo Burgers?

No thank you.  :eek2:

Bluestar

Quote from: jb666 on March 04, 2009, 09:19:35 AM
Quote from: dodgecharger-fan on March 04, 2009, 09:18:00 AM
Quote from: skip68 on March 04, 2009, 01:48:07 AM

Bondo Burgers?

No thank you.  :eek2:

Well, look on the bright side, He wouldn't have to change his motto if he went into that industry...

"BK - Have it your way!"

:shruggy:

Don't you mean.  "BK - Have it MY way!"

jb666

A quick update, the body shop got the passenger's door post that I received yesterday and said it was an extremely clean section, and that it'll work perfectly. I will have some great pictures when I go down on Saturday!!  :cheers: :cheers:

MoparManJim

jb666

Here are a few, hot off the press, showing the new passenger's door post courtesy of 1HOT68!!!

The old one is history!!

And wow, it's clean under there!!

On and ready to weld!!

Paint stripped and prepped!!

jb666

And check out the shop owner's '71 Cuda Hemi Convertible (clone).  :drool5: It's been sold since, but WOW!!! This thing was loaded.. Leather, AM/8 Track...  :drool5:

69DodgeCharger

Quote from: WingCharger on February 27, 2009, 06:25:20 PM
Has this thread been linked over on MoParts? :shruggy:

I sent a link to this thread back when it was first started but if you do a search for it it says "we cannot proceed" Which I assume means it was deleted for whatever reasons the "censors" decided.
http://www.mypowerblock.com/profile/69DodgeCharger

The bugle sounds the charge begins. But on this battlefield no one wins.

jb666

captnsim

jb666

Quote from: captnsim on March 04, 2009, 09:25:46 PM
That Cuda is sweet  :drool5: Glad to see some progress :2thumbs: With no bad news :cheers: :cheers:

I know, can you believe it? There was actually GOOD news. Can you believe how clean it was when he removed the rusted/patched post?? I figured for sure it'd be a nightmare under there...

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: jb666 on March 04, 2009, 08:19:16 PM
Here are a few, hot off the press, showing the new passenger's door post courtesy of 1HOT68!!!

The old one is history!!

And wow, it's clean under there!!

On and ready to weld!!

Paint stripped and prepped!!

It's great to see that piece in place!!!  Im glad I was able to be part of the "cure"  ..........Tell those guys from a body shop owners opinion, I think it looks like they are doing an outstanding job on your Charger!   :2thumbs:
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

captnsim

Quote from: jb666 on March 04, 2009, 09:29:21 PM
Quote from: captnsim on March 04, 2009, 09:25:46 PM
That Cuda is sweet  :drool5: Glad to see some progress :2thumbs: With no bad news :cheers: :cheers:

I know, can you believe it? There was actually GOOD news. Can you believe how clean it was when he removed the rusted/patched post?? I figured for sure it'd be a nightmare under there...

That's because BK couldn't get at that spot...  :yesnod:

Discharged

jb666, I had to join just to respond to this (finally).  I figure the more traffic, the better.  I've been watching this for a little less than three weeks, and have forwarded the link a lot through e-mail.

I know Stretch and WS23U1A personally.  They're my two best friends.  I was watching this after it was linked over on Moparnuts.com and told Stretch to check it out.  I e-mailed a link to WS23U1A with the distinct instructions that he'd be better off just perusing the photo posts rather than reading the whole shebang, but I knew he'd get sucked in and read it front-to-back.  :icon_smile_big:  He's good like that.

They both have beautiful Chargers, by the way, and are two of the best guys you could ever hope to meet.  Though I've had 7 Chargers (well, 8 if you count the '86) I haven't owned one since '01... hence the username.

I wanted to relay my utmost respect for you for saying from the get-go you failed and bought a turkey without properly inspecting it, and for sticking by that tom throughout.  You've never placed blame on anyone for directing you to this car, or even to the obviously-guilty seller... come on, you can't notice the crooked pushbar and not at least get under the car to see if it can be adjusted, at which pont you'd see some carnage such as the hacked-up K.  Brian played dumb, pure and simple.  If he's not a BK agent, he knew he got stroked and figured he could recoup $35K in a single payment to make up for $70K spent over time.  It is not possible to convince me otherwise.

The second-biggest unfortunate circumstance for you was not knowing Mopars closely; I'm not failing you for that in any way because you simply didn't know, but as someone else noted they are rustbuckets for the most part (trust me, I've owned 70+ over 21 years) and I've learned the hard way.  I've crushed, sold, and cut up some cars that would be easily-fixed now and really worth the effort.  Plus, with the car coming out of Texas even a rust-belt veteran such as myself would put a measure in faith that they must've started with a fairly-solid car and fixed what was needed.

That being said, even if you had blasted the car (again :lol: --I kill me) right at the get-go, I really think you'd have stuck by the old girl if for no other reason than to show SchuBKert "This is how a car gets done."  Maybe I'm wrong, but you seem that kind of guy.  For that, you get maddest props from this Moparhead.

Skip's assistance seems incredible... I was raised with the legal system and wouldn't have thought of half the avenues he's employed.  Bravo to you, Skip, and woe to those who cross you or your friends.  Can we be friends?

Both you and Skip have my highest regards, Jeff.  I hope your Charger is everything of which you've dreamed when the project's finally done; it's obvious you've had only the best working on it.  Enjoy.

Here's something no one's proposed thus far:  Should you ever bore of it (and I don't expect you will), has it ever occurred to you that the famousness of the car from this thread, combined with the obvious quality of the work being done and burying a scam artist in the process, will actually increase the value of your car should you want/need to sell it?  I know you just want a nice General, but come on--this has to be one of the best-documented rebuilds ever, and there's no question in my mind that though the accuracy may not be 100%, this will easily be the highest-quality Lee clone extant when it's done.  I've seen less enthusiasm and effort put into genuine Hemi cars.

One thing is certain: no matter what becomes of it, this will always be your car.  Congratulations on being the man you are.  :2thumbs:

Big Sugar

Wow it's looking good, Nice work,   Jeff is your Charger's Subframe connected ? You know considering what it's been thru it wouldn't be a bad Idea to tighten up that Chassis, Call Auto Rust Technologies and get that performance pac installed on your chassis , your in the shop anyway, might as well weld it  up nice and tight.

Ron

[img]<table border="0" cellpadding="0" style="border-collapse: collapse" width="182" id="table1" height="202" bordercolorlight="#ECEBF1" bordercolordark="#E9DFD1" b

jb666

Quote from: Discharged on March 04, 2009, 09:41:04 PM
jb666, I had to join just to respond to this (finally).  I figure the more traffic, the better.  I've been watching this for a little less than three weeks, and have forwarded the link a lot through e-mail.

I know Stretch and WS23U1A personally.  They're my two best friends.  I was watching this after it was linked over on Moparnuts.com and told Stretch to check it out.  I e-mailed a link to WS23U1A with the distinct instructions that he'd be better off just perusing the photo posts rather than reading the whole shebang, but I knew he'd get sucked in and read it front-to-back.  :icon_smile_big:  He's good like that.

They both have beautiful Chargers, by the way, and are two of the best guys you could ever hope to meet.  Though I've had 7 Chargers (well, 8 if you count the '86) I haven't owned one since '01... hence the username.

I wanted to relay my utmost respect for you for saying from the get-go you failed and bought a turkey without properly inspecting it, and for sticking by that tom throughout.  You've never placed blame on anyone for directing you to this car, or even to the obviously-guilty seller... come on, you can't notice the crooked pushbar and not at least get under the car to see if it can be adjusted, at which pont you'd see some carnage such as the hacked-up K.  Brian played dumb, pure and simple.  If he's not a BK agent, he knew he got stroked and figured he could recoup $35K in a single payment to make up for $70K spent over time.  It is not possible to convince me otherwise.

The second-biggest unfortunate circumstance for you was not knowing Mopars closely; I'm not failing you for that in any way because you simply didn't know, but as someone else noted they are rustbuckets for the most part (trust me, I've owned 70+ over 21 years) and I've learned the hard way.  I've crushed, sold, and cut up some cars that would be easily-fixed now and really worth the effort.  Plus, with the car coming out of Texas even a rust-belt veteran such as myself would put a measure in faith that they must've started with a fairly-solid car and fixed what was needed.

That being said, even if you had blasted the car (again :lol: --I kill me) right at the get-go, I really think you'd have stuck by the old girl if for no other reason than to show SchuBKert "This is how a car gets done."  Maybe I'm wrong, but you seem that kind of guy.  For that, you get maddest props from this Moparhead.

Skip's assistance seems incredible... I was raised with the legal system and wouldn't have thought of half the avenues he's employed.  Bravo to you, Skip, and woe to those who cross you or your friends.  Can we be friends?

Both you and Skip have my highest regards, Jeff.  I hope your Charger is everything of which you've dreamed when the project's finally done; it's obvious you've had only the best working on it.  Enjoy.

Here's something no one's proposed thus far:  Should you ever bore of it (and I don't expect you will), has it ever occurred to you that the famousness of the car from this thread, combined with the obvious quality of the work being done and burying a scam artist in the process, will actually increase the value of your car should you want/need to sell it?  I know you just want a nice General, but come on--this has to be one of the best-documented rebuilds ever, and there's no question in my mind that though the accuracy may not be 100%, this will easily be the highest-quality Lee clone extant when it's done.  I've seen less enthusiasm and effort put into genuine Hemi cars.

One thing is certain: no matter what becomes of it, this will always be your car.  Congratulations on being the man you are.  :2thumbs:

Wow, I almost don't know what to say here (and that doesn't happen often). So I'll start with a huge THANK YOU.

I realized the minute I got the car on my buddy's lift that I may have jumped into the car head first not knowing WTF I was doing.. And that statement right there might be the understatement of a lifetime, but you know what? Knowing this car is going to be done right is making it all worth it to me.

Has it cost me crazy money? You bet it has.. Would I do it again? Who knows, I might just be crazy enough.. Am I physically DOING any of this restoration ? No, I can't take credit for that either (I'll do the interior, that's about it), but this car will be valued as if I built it with my own hands when it's done. I hope to (knock on wood) keep this car for a VERY LONG TIME.  At this point I almost HAVE to  :lol:

Anyways, thanks for the support. Thanks for spreading the word, and thanks for making it from page 1 to this point.. That alone puts you in a rare class, except for those (already here) that have been along for the ride the entire time!!

Quote from: Big Sugar on March 04, 2009, 09:41:39 PM
Wow it's looking good, Nice work,   Jeff is your Charger's Subframe connected ? You know considering what it's been thru it wouldn't be a bad Idea to tighten up that Chassis, Call Auto Rust Technologies and get that performance pac installed on your chassis , your in the shop anyway, might as well weld it  up nice and tight.

Ron

Hi Ron -- When the car was a Tube Chassis, the subframe connectors were done. BK'S "sub frame connectors" were removed (didn't take much effort) and the fun began.. That was actually the reason (besides the roll bar) that the car even WENT to Jon's shop...

Here's a shot where you can see the new subframe connectors..

Look under all the dust

You can see them popping through the floor here too.

I'll get some nice shots of them this weekend..