News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Looking to buy a General Lee? STAY AWAY FROM BK AUTO!! It's almost over!!!

Started by jb666, November 15, 2008, 12:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

captnsim

Yeah...It's hard to keep the BK hate going with no bad news poping up...Can't you make something up Chuck?

jb666

Well, I've got good news, and I've got bad news...

The good news is the car spent the past couple of days at Jon's shop... The front push bar has been modified so it can come on/off the car with ease, in case the time comes that I need to remove it and don't want to cut a weld. It's also very strong now, not like BK had it.. Before, if you hit the sit of it you could move it 3-4" side to side. Real nice...

The bad news is that the car's not going to be at the body shop when I'm there in the morning and Jon's up racing for the weekend... So no car pictures....

The BETTER news is that it's been sitting out in the sun and is drying nicely.. The paint work isn't far in the future now!!!!  :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

So sorry, I'll have to disappoint this week...

On another note, I'll be returning AutoRust's torque boxes. Without getting into any details, they will not be installed on my vehicle. I'm not saying anything bad about them, they just aren't for me  :2thumbs: :2thumbs: It was a very nice offer and I will make sure they arrive in his hands in the same condition they arrived in mine.  :cheers: :cheers:

skip68

skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

mikepmcs

Jeff, would you mind snapping a pic of the mod Jon did to the bar so I can replicate it, if he doesn't mind.  I built my long bar but I also need some side to side support.  Mine weighs a good 50 pounds BTW  When I do get off my butt and get it back together, I'm gonna run into stuff just to knock it over. :lol:

Good thing I didn't ask to come down this week then.

Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

captnsim

No Pics...  :-\ :'(  :cryin: :icon_smile_sad: :bawling:

Quote from: skip68 on April 24, 2009, 06:02:22 PM
Don't call me "up Chuck" Roy.   :nana:   Make something up ?   :scratchchin:   Why yes I can.     :scratchchin:   I gave Tommy a call to say I hope he does well in the next few months.  He said thanks for helping him see the light and then said "Whatever Jeff paid you to shut me down, I will double it to look into Jeff's past and post it on the Charger site".   So, since I needed the money I said you got it.   :2thumbs:   Here is what I got so far.   Long long ago, far far away, in a town of sinners, one man held the key to life.   This mans name was Jeff and the key to life of which he held was love.  He spoke of love to all and all loved him for that, even farm animals.   He spent many nights on the farm learning about love instead of being with his friends.   Well, one night a space ship came down to earth and landed on Jeff's farm.  Jeff showed the alliens love and then asked to go with them.  They said they would come for him as soon as they could.... Jeff is still waiting, looking up into the sky every night with hopes of the return of his new friends.   That's all I got right now but I will have more later.     :nana:
:rotz: Ahhhh...You on some meds Chuck? If so I think you took to many...  :image_294343: Just kidding  :cheers:

mikepmcs

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

jb666

Well, I've got good news, and I've got bad news...

The good news is the car spent the past couple of days at Jon's shop... The front push bar has been modified so it can come on/off the car with ease, in case the time comes that I need to remove it and don't want to cut a weld. It's also very strong now, not like BK had it.. Before, if you hit the sit of it you could move it 3-4" side to side. Real nice...

The bad news is that the car's not going to be at the body shop when I'm there in the morning and Jon's up racing for the weekend... So no car pictures....

The BETTER news is that it's been sitting out in the sun and is drying nicely.. The paint work isn't far in the future now!!!!  :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

So sorry, I'll have to disappoint this week...

On another note, I'll be returning AutoRust's torque boxes. Without getting into any details, they will not be installed on my vehicle. I'm not saying anything bad about them, they just aren't for me  :2thumbs: :2thumbs: It was a very nice offer and I will make sure they arrive in his hands in the same condition they arrived in mine.  :cheers: :cheers:

mopar73

jb666

Quote from: mopar73 on April 24, 2009, 08:02:24 PM
Quote from: mopar73 on April 24, 2009, 07:59:44 PM
Quote from: captnsim on April 24, 2009, 05:38:25 PM
Mike I got this one...
:ricky: :woohoo: :boogie: Picture day tommorow :boogie: :woohoo: :ricky:
:iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree:
I should have read the next post before getting excited about pics :'( :'(

It's ok, this thread gets out of control fast  :lol:

I'll see what I can do... I'll at least post pic(s) of the new pushbar setup..

Steve P.

Hey Chuck, I think you are completely bored.  Weren't you supposed to be helping to keep this train on the RIGHT TRACKS??  :brickwall:

Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

captnsim

Quote from: Steve P. on April 24, 2009, 08:26:04 PM
Hey Chuck, I think you are completely bored.  Weren't you supposed to be helping to keep this train on the RIGHT TRACKS??  :brickwall:

It's my fault...I egged him on  :slap:

skip68

skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

jb666

Well, I ended up seeing the car after all!! (Long story). The job Jon did on the push bar install is awesome.. Once I have some Black allen head bolts this thing will look like a solid one pc welded design with the option of unbolting and removing. The best part is it's SUPER STRONG thanks to the small cross-arms he made. You can move the entire car up/down/side/side without the bar flexing one bit. Great design, and it doesn't stand out at all (well, no more than a Charger with a PUSH BAR on it does anyways!!!!)

It's in a storage garage right now while the primer dries completely.. It goes out in the sun each day to help it along... And like I said, once the stainless hardware is off it'll all blend right in.

C_stripes

Looks good.  I still think you should go B5 though.  :icon_smile_big:

Great progress on her.
I'm smarter than I act, But I don't act smarter than I am.

jb666

Quote from: C_stripes on April 25, 2009, 01:25:27 PM

Great progress on her.

:lol: It's a bit late for that now..  And thanks  :cheers: :cheers:

skip68

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: jb666 on April 25, 2009, 01:28:20 PM

Great progress on her.

Its never too late!
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

jb666

Quote from: 1hot68 on April 27, 2009, 02:47:40 PM

Great progress on her.

Its never too late!

With this car, ANYTHING is possible.. All's I know is the more warm weather that comes our way the more anxious I get... I went Saturday and brought my other baby home... I won't mention that here, though, my screen will catch on fire  :o

C_stripes

Quote from: 1hot68 on April 27, 2009, 02:47:40 PM

Great progress on her.

Its never too late!

I agree.   lol,   I wonder what a B5 GL would look like?????   hmmm
I'm smarter than I act, But I don't act smarter than I am.

skip68

mikepmcs

He's already got one real pretty blue car.  No room for two. Leave him be. :nono:

dstryr

dstryr, since 1986.

Bill of Rights
Must be 18. Void where prohibited. Not available in all states. Some restrictions apply.

bamadukefan02

I don't have a picture of any of them but there have been more than one person do a "General Grant" in blue, with an American Flag instead of the Confederate Flag