News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Looking to buy a General Lee? STAY AWAY FROM BK AUTO!! It's almost over!!!

Started by jb666, November 15, 2008, 12:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mopar_nut_440_6

1968 Charger R/T 440 
2004 Dodge Ram 2500 680 HP Cummins with attitude

MoparManJim

Quote from: jb666 on June 12, 2009, 03:49:44 PM

One thing I realized today when I was there was how freakin' HUGE this car is... It's a boat!! :yesnod:

Yea, it's a real car and not a bumper car that they make now days that they call cars made with almost all plastic  :lol:. You got yourself a real car there my friend  ;). The work has paid off as the car is really looking good. :cheers:

mikepmcs

INCREDIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!

"And, I'm surprised no one's asked, but when you're looking at the rear "eyebrow" trim , you'll notice they are out a bit from the body. They were shimmed out during painting so that the paint would go down between them and the body."

There is absolutely no reason to question any of the work that is done by this fine group of artists!  That right there just shows the care that is taken when they sculpt a car.  It's just those little things that put them leaps and bounds above the norm.  I love the way that everything is covered in the shop, etc......

Car looks awesome thanks for sharing. :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:.

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

jb666

Quote from: teamroth on June 12, 2009, 04:54:08 PM

Trailer? What? Drive that sucker till the wheels fall off! Not BK style wheels fall off, but run it....lol

With the motor that's in it combined with the gears, driving it there would cost me more than this rebuild  :lol:

Quote from: mopar_nut_440_6 on June 12, 2009, 05:10:35 PM
Looking really good! Nice job for sure and I love that flake!  :2thumbs:

Thank you. I'm glad I decided to go with it. It definitely sets me apart from the average paint job.

Quote from: mikepmcs on June 12, 2009, 05:42:50 PM
INCREDIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!

"And, I'm surprised no one's asked, but when you're looking at the rear "eyebrow" trim , you'll notice they are out a bit from the body. They were shimmed out during painting so that the paint would go down between them and the body."

There is absolutely no reason to question any of the work that is done by this fine group of artists!  That right there just shows the care that is taken when they sculpt a car.  It's just those little things that put them leaps and bounds above the norm.  I love the way that everything is covered in the shop, etc......

Car looks awesome thanks for sharing. :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:.

v/r
Mike

Thank you Mike. You know from visiting the shop that they are top notch.  :cheers: :cheers:

General_01

The car looks awesome Jeff. The flake looks great. You have great people doing the work on this car. That is a fact. I can only hope that whenever I get the Bee done down the road that I can get people like this doing the work.

Here's to the guys doing the work.  :cheers:

1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

RamchargerMopar

I agree they do a great job! I am looking for a two door 69/70 Chrysler Newport and to have these guys restore it would be I deal but I can only afford guys that do BK work  :'(
Mopar or No Car!

skip68

I'd be willing to bet that all we are seeing done to this car by professionals  (a correct major rebuild)  is less than what BK charged for bondo hillbilly work.   :yesnod: 
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

jb666

RamchargerMopar

Quote from: skip68 on June 14, 2009, 10:27:43 AM
I'd be willing to bet that all we are seeing done to this car by professionals  (a correct major rebuild)  is less than what BK charged for bondo hillbilly work.   :yesnod: 

This is true. And the up side of this is the work (done by professionals) will last longer and provide years of enjoyment. I intend to have my car fully rebuilt but not BK style, no way no how!
Mopar or No Car!

jb666

It's funny you'd say that, Chuck, and you got me thinking about it.. Brian sunk HUGE $$ into this car. Add to that what I paid him for it and what I've paid to restore this car properly.. This HAS GOT TO BE one of the most expensive General Lee builds in history!?!?!

Then, on the flip side of the coin, when I think about how cheap I got out of Jon/body shop bill , I am grateful, because it's a FRACTION of what Brian paid BK to hack this car up and now it'll last a life-time!!!

RamchargerMopar

Have any of you heard of the story of LEE 1??? The first General Lee ever blah blah left to rot in some place out in the woods only to be restored??? I wonder how much that cost to restore.
Mopar or No Car!

MoparManJim

Quote from: RamchargerMopar on June 14, 2009, 11:53:53 AM
Have any of you heard of the story of LEE 1??? The first General Lee ever blah blah left to rot in some place out in the woods only to be restored??? I wonder how much that cost to restore.

That's not Lee1 bud, it's more replica now. There is a thread about it over on the www.cglfc.com/wforum in the General Lee area called "Lee 1 Updated-Read FIRST POST AGAIN **NEW CONTRADICTIONS**"   :shruggy:

Cozmo

Hey JB,
you need to bring that beast out to our regular Saturday evening gathering. No one around here has a GL. I know it might be a little drive, but worth it.

We had some Mopar Madness going on last night!

RamchargerMopar

Quote from: MoparManJim on June 14, 2009, 12:50:30 PM
Quote from: RamchargerMopar on June 14, 2009, 11:53:53 AM

That's not Lee1 bud, it's more replica now. There is a thread about it over on the www.cglfc.com/wforum in the General Lee area called "Lee 1 Updated-Read FIRST POST AGAIN **NEW CONTRADICTIONS**"   :shruggy:

its like the Kennedy assassination only with more evidence lol what a bummer. All hope of a normal life is now lost...RIP LEE 1.
Mopar or No Car!

mikepmcs

Off topic and apologize Jeff but gotta put this one on the air cause last time I pm'd Ramchargermopar with a little friendly advice he got a little defensive.
SO..... in regards to Lee 1

Don't be so quick to lose faith on that bud.  I happen to know a very reliable source that was part of that Lee 1 resto history and happens to be a member here(although he is now inactive) and good friend of mine.  He stopped coming here because he was tired of dealing with all the BS.  That car is in fact Lee 1.
He lived right down the street from us in Oxford and moved to Indiana to finish up the resto/documentation with Travis.
Here's a pic of Travis and Lee 1.
If anyone wants to argue about pieces that supposedly were sold off the car ruining it's history or whatever, then take it to the GL fan club site and ya'll can "Duke" it out there.  I'm not here to argue about it.  I know what I know and I won't argue back so you are wasting your time.  That is also the reason I'm not an active member of that site or moparts for that matter.  Too many cat fights and too many people that are better than everybody else. 
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

jaak

Quote from: mikepmcs on June 14, 2009, 03:30:42 PM
Off topic and apologize Jeff but gotta put this one on the air cause last time I pm'd Ramchargermopar with a little friendly advice he got a little defensive.

Don't be so quick to lose faith on that bud.  I happen to know a very reliable source that was part of that Lee 1 resto history and happens to be a member here(although he is now inactive) and good friend of mine.  He stopped coming here because he was tired of dealing with all the BS.  That car is in fact Lee 1.
He lived right down the street from us in Oxford and moved to Indiana to finish up the resto/documentation with Travis.
If anyone wants to argue about pieces that supposedly were sold off the car ruining it's history or whatever, then take it to the GL fan club site and ya'll can "Duke" it out there.  I'm not here to argue about it.  I know what I know and I won't argue back so you are wasting your time.  That is also the reason I'm not an active member of that site or moparts for that matter.  Too many cat fights and too many people that are better than everybody else. 

Well said. If this was a Hemi Charger, a 500 or a Daytona...there wouldn't even be a debate about it.

Jason

MoparManJim

Quote from: jaak on June 14, 2009, 04:42:36 PM
Quote from: mikepmcs on June 14, 2009, 03:30:42 PM

Well said. If this was a Hemi Charger, a 500 or a Daytona...there wouldn't even be a debate about it.

Jason

Well, I'm not going argue either, but I also have a good source that was with that project or part of the side line at the time. He even posted photos at times. I also remember the trunk lid ordeal as well from over on Jon's site. 

Now back on topic here, sorry Jeff about that. Anyword on when the car will be back togother?

RamchargerMopar

Mopar or No Car!

skip68

skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

jb666

No updates today, except that I think I AM CURSED. I ordered a General Lee stencil kit on Friday night from someone.. I paid UPS RED for the thing to make it there Monday.. It's the worst mess I've ever seen.. It can't be used...

No transfer paper for the vinyl to stick down (supposed to TAPE it in place??? Come on...

No registration marks --- Good luck guessing where to put these...

Sizes are so far off from my current graphics it's not funny...

So, after wasting (more) time and $$, the guys are having a kit made up using my old flag/letters...

:brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:

General_01

Did you use Bugsy? I wish I would have seen that. That guy is a bum. I have no idea why everyone kisses his a#@ over there.
496 stroker
4-speed

mikepmcs

Quote from: General_01 on June 16, 2009, 05:37:02 PM
Did you use Bugsy? I wish I would have seen that. That guy is a bum. I have no idea why everyone kisses his a#@ over there.

Yes, that's him.  It seems like someone should say something on that site about his poor quality product.  Why did it go on this long without anyone piping up and nobody warning Jeff about it on that other site.

I'm done with crappy vendors as I told Jeff last night when we vented to one another.  From now on if I get crappy service or product and it's not resolved immediately, I'm calling the vendor out so nobody else gets ripped off and hopefully....... they either change their ways or we put em out of business.  I'm done with it.   Matter of fact DCX Depot is running a fine line with me right now because of crappy communication.  It just seems like a lot of them think that they are the only game in town...bad assumption and bad business. 
Those other forums exist for the same reason this one does and that is to do service to it's members and assist with the hobby.  It just seems we fall short of that goal sometimes.  I do believe that this site has some straight shooters for the most part.

v/r
Tired of getting crapped on by vendor guy.  :icon_smile_big:

jb666

Yeah, that's who I got it from..

The guys working on my car have been doing this for a LONNNGGGG time. When they got the kit, the call I got yesterday was "What the Hell is this crap? This is garbage". I knew right there I was stuck...

I asked the shop to proceed with out the graphics on the car (I was that annoyed), but they wouldn't... I can't lose sight of my goals this close to the end...

General_01

People have called him out on his poor service. He always has a million excuses on why he doesn't answer emails, pm's, etc. Then when you post a thread about him he answers immediatly and then tries to make the customer look like a stalker who won't leave him alone. In the past 6 months I have seen 4 different threads from people trying to get him to send him their stuff. He eventually sends it, but who would want to do business with someone who takes your money and ignores you? :shruggy: I have never seen his stuff except for pics. It doesn't look that great to me.

I think the reason he gets return customers is because there are not many people making the decals for Dukes models and diecasts.
496 stroker
4-speed

jb666

Quote from: General_01 on June 16, 2009, 06:31:22 PM
People have called him out on his poor service. He always has a million excuses on why he doesn't answer emails, pm's, etc. Then when you post a thread about him he answers immediatly and then tries to make the customer look like a stalker who won't leave him alone. In the past 6 months I have seen 4 different threads from people trying to get him to send him their stuff. He eventually sends it, but who would want to do business with someone who takes your money and ignores you? :shruggy: I have never seen his stuff except for pics. It doesn't look that great to me.

I think the reason he gets return customers is because there are not many people making the decals for Dukes models and diecasts.

Well, he certainly won't get any referrals from me.. Funny thing is, talking to him on the phone he talks like he knows his stuff, then you get his product and are left wondering WTF is going on..  :shruggy:

It's not like it was cheap, either...