News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Looking to buy a General Lee? STAY AWAY FROM BK AUTO!! It's almost over!!!

Started by jb666, November 15, 2008, 12:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jb666

Quote from: rooks on April 10, 2010, 05:57:04 PM
Quote from: jb666 on April 10, 2010, 03:10:23 PM
The shape this thing was in I'd say it's more likely to have driven into the ocean.....

Maybe BK got inspiration from DoH: The Beginning and actually did fish it out of a river of some sort, for that touch of authenticity  :icon_smile_big:

:lol: I THINK SO!!

Quote from: FLG on April 10, 2010, 05:21:28 PM
Jeff I'm expecting a ride next time I see u  :D

Count on it, Frank.. The way this thing's goes, there's no way I WOULDN'T give you a ride!!

jb666

Just when you thought it was safe to go back on the road.....

As you all know, the car's been at Tube Chassis getting tuned, or so we thought... He started digging into why it wouldn't run right under 1500 RPMS.. Originally we thought it was because of the size of the cam... Then the cam timing.. Then a few other theories.. But they would all be too easy.

The motor's out. It's FUBAR. It's off to a builder... It's a long story and I don't feel like getting into it right now...

I wish this was an April Fool's joke, but it's not...

rooks

What the fuck!

Since it was supposedly purchased new, any idea of whether the motor actually came with any kind of warranty? Or did BK do a swtcharoo and keep the new $20k Hemi for themselves?

Arsehats!

jb666

Quote from: rooks on April 13, 2010, 06:58:33 PM
What the fuck!

Since it was supposedly purchased new, any idea of whether the motor actually came with any kind of warranty? Or did BK do a swtcharoo and keep the new $20k Hemi for themselves?

Arsehats!

You know, I wish I could answer that question... To say that BK did something to this motor would be a trumped up story that I couldn't back up.

As for a warranty, no.. Talked to MP about that and they said if it was the first year of ownership, fine, but it's been 3-4 years since the motor was "built", if you want to call it that..

If you Google "472 Hemi crate engine problems" the results are astounding. The first and second gen motors had a 70% fail rate..

It goes on and on...

http://www.thehemi.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=8328

http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=5816934&Main=5801865

http://forum1.aimoo.com/Mopar_Message_Board/category/MP-472-Hemi-Crate-performs-poorly-1-1741580.html

http://www.justanswer.com/questions/17lxw-i-have-mp-472-hemi-crate-it-smokes-brand-new-first-i

And that's just a tip of the iceburg... So all I can say is that it appears MP dropped the ball (or their builder did) on a lot of these motors... I can't say this doesn't happen with GM/Ford, but that's not the issue here.. The issue is I have a motor with 200 miles on it that's failing a leakdown test miserably, blowing more smoke than a 1950 bi-plane and will barely idle to save it's life...

So it's off to Reed's Performance to be built, thanks to the incredible effort put forth by Jon... Without this guy I would be SCREWED, plain and simple... I'd be looking at my car all summer instead of driving it...

Oh well, off to hit my head against my wall for a while... I seriously have had it  :brickwall: this is the last fkng thing I needed right now..

mikepmcs

Sorry for your troubles Jeff.   At least you know it's being done right.  Wish I had a motor to give you for now.
Hang in there.
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

MoparManJim

Quote from: mikepmcs on April 13, 2010, 07:38:54 PM
Sorry for your troubles Jeff.   At least you know it's being done right.  Wish I had a motor to give you for now.
Hang in there.

Boy, it looks like we both got hit with some not so good luck in the last past week. His car came up with issues and my hard drive went out on my vista pc that I had which is also at the repair shop getting fix and I'm stuck with a loaner vista that loves to do updates constandlly  :brickwall:. But Jeff is getting hit worst though. I have no ide awhen I will be getting my pc back. But some good news for Jeff, I am at this point am getting starting working on his model once again after not working on it for almost a week as I had no photos for reff. I am right now going through afew emails and also this thread to find afew photos I need to see to at least get back on track. BTW Jeff, I have the motor for the model all back togother and everything in nice shape just have to start back up where I was at before is all. I wasn't looking for the pc to crap the bed like it did.

Maybe afew photos of the scale version might cheer Jeff up alittle.  ;)

rooks

Quote from: MoparManJim on April 13, 2010, 07:52:29 PM
Maybe afew photos of the scale version might cheer Jeff up alittle.  ;)

Forget that ... at this point, he's more than earned some bouncing boobies!

I would have posted some real ones, but some people are easily offended. I'm not exactly sure where the "line" is on this forum yet, and didn't want to get myself removed from it :)

FLG

Jeff this totally blows.

Any idea on the ETA of the completed rebuild?

If i managed to get my 493 built id sure as hell let you drop it in the general for break-in  :2thumbs:

Marck

No way....  :brickwall:

How can things just keep going wrong with your car..??

I'll keep my fingers crossed that this will be your last problem with the Lee...

200MPH

Charger

tan top

Quote from: jb666 on April 13, 2010, 06:31:05 PM
Just when you thought it was safe to go back on the road.....

As you all know, the car's been at Tube Chassis getting tuned, or so we thought... He started digging into why it wouldn't run right under 1500 RPMS.. Originally we thought it was because of the size of the cam... Then the cam timing.. Then a few other theories.. But they would all be too easy.

The motor's out. It's FUBAR. It's off to a builder... It's a long story and I don't feel like getting into it right now...

I wish this was an April Fool's joke, but it's not...

awww man , noo not more  stuff  sorry to hear this Jeff  :brickwall:  
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

charger01

Iam sure in the back of your mind you had concerns about the motor as well.  Since every other aspect of the car that BK touched was so pitifully done.  I know you had your doubts about the motor.  Just one more setback for you though.  Nothing left now that they could of screwed up is there.  It sucks this happend , but Iam sure in the end you will have alot more trust and faith in the car.  Sorry to see more bad luck thrown your way, but I know you will win in the end with this car.

472 R/T SE

WOW...just wow.

I'm so sorry to hear yet another problem for you JB.  If you were to throw in the towel I'd totally understand at this point.  After all you've been through though this can't break you.  :Twocents:

The only reason I bought mine was cause I had faith in Cummins since it came with a dyno sheet & the parts manager at the dealership guaranteed it.  Of course that was March '06 when I bought mine.

This is most likely all on Mopar Performance.  :rotz:

Charger74

DANG JEFF!!  I'm sorry to hear this.  Goes to figure that was the last piece.

jb666

Quote from: Charger74 on April 15, 2010, 10:07:27 AM
DANG JEFF!!  I'm sorry to hear this.  Goes to figure that was the last piece.

WRONG!!!!!!!!!!  :brickwall:

I got a call from Jon, this morning... He said that my driver's side motor mount was broken in two.....

What would you guys recommend for a good mount?? I figured there was some voices of experience here.  :popcrn:

mikepmcs

oooh wait a minute.  Ron posted a thread on motor mounts that has your answer.  It's the way you modify the mount so it holds and won't allow the motor to bust loose on you.
gimme a minute
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

mikepmcs

FLG

Mike I already sent jeff an email of that thread...slowpoke  :nana:

jb666

Thanks, Guys!!

Obviously , BB Mopar engine mounts aren't the same as the Hemi... So where would you suggest getting a good set of Hemi mounts??

mikepmcs

472 R/T SE

Torque strap for added confidence?

Not what you wanna hear but now might be the time to check all the welds on that K frame.

I have schumacher mounts, prolly what you have as I don't know of many other vendors making the Hemi adaptive mounts.

Big Sugar

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on April 15, 2010, 10:49:29 PM
Torque strap for added confidence?

Not what you wanna hear but now might be the time to check all the welds on that K frame.

I have schumacher mounts, prolly what you have as I don't know of many other vendors making the Hemi adaptive mounts.

I Agree, Get that K member welded up now that it's accesable, Contact firm feel, there is a ready made kit available or you can simply send in your core for one already done.

You are made of money, arn't you  :icon_smile_question:
Either way it's a worth while upgrade if your planning to stick with a factory front end.
http://www.firmfeel.com/reinfkfram_b.htm

Ron

Eventually you'll have a full resto....You've just gone about it the long way  :yesnod:

[img]<table border="0" cellpadding="0" style="border-collapse: collapse" width="182" id="table1" height="202" bordercolorlight="#ECEBF1" bordercolordark="#E9DFD1" b

jb666

Well, Ron... Yeah, I guess you could say this whole thing has been bass-akwards... Then again, it's how I normally do things...

As for the K-Frame, Jon's already had that out and did some work to it.. BK had cut it to pcs and left it looking like Swiss Cheese... And it is one of the Firmfeel units, so THAT'S one good thing... BK had supplied it with their "Build", and then decided to cut it.  :shruggy:

It's also been decided that , now that the motor's out, the engine bay is going to match the rest of the car.. Perfect, painted Orange and CLEAN... Why not, it's only money.

:slap:

Big Sugar

Gett out that razor sharp shovel Jeff, You're not done diggin yet !!
What type of MEDS do you have your wife on ?

Geeze, when it gets to me spending excessivly on the Charger She'll pull a fast one and go on a spree and neutralize the account.

Tit for tat I guess.
It's OK though My hobbies are usually much bigger than hers.

Ron

[img]<table border="0" cellpadding="0" style="border-collapse: collapse" width="182" id="table1" height="202" bordercolorlight="#ECEBF1" bordercolordark="#E9DFD1" b

SFRT

I am puzzled why you didnt do a comprehensive survey of all the mechanicals etc on this car at the beginning of your rebuild.
Always Drive Responsibly

Uploaded with ImageShack.us