News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Looking to buy a General Lee? STAY AWAY FROM BK AUTO!! It's almost over!!!

Started by jb666, November 15, 2008, 12:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BIGBLCK11

:cheers: The car looks MINT in that first larger pic.  Enjoy showing it off!  Man, that is a perfect GL.

Ghoste

Sabre

I think it's safe to say you do indeed have the ultimate General Lee. :2thumbs:

472 R/T SE

jb666

Indeed he did... He called it. I knew, at some point, there was light at the end of the tunnel, I just had no idea it'd take so long to get there  :lol:

So, tonight the wife and I spent several hours in the garage.. Going over EVERY SQUARE INCH of the car for one of the final inspections/polishes. From buffing compound we had missed to the usual deposits from driving a car on the street, THIS THING IS READY. There isn't one spec anywhere on this car right now...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FV8Tv_RwUfY

Then, after this show is over, I am spending this season driving the Hell out of this thing!!!!!!!!!!!

Steve P.

So lets see. That show ends on Sunday. So that gives you from then until Thursday to get it hauled out to VEGAS for the MATS. 

It only makes sense that you bring it there directly from the other show as it will be clean and so many of us DCers will be there. Not to mention MOPARTERS and a few other sites that have been watching your saga.
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

jb666

Quote from: Steve P. on March 27, 2011, 11:51:34 AM
So lets see. That show ends on Sunday. So that gives you from then until Thursday to get it hauled out to VEGAS for the MATS. 

It only makes sense that you bring it there directly from the other show as it will be clean and so many of us DCers will be there. Not to mention MOPARTERS and a few other sites that have been watching your saga.

:rofl: Ok, fine.. I'll load it up in the trailer, ask for another week of vacation time and head on out!! What the...  :slap: ... I wish.

resq302

Quote from: jb666 on March 27, 2011, 03:32:48 PM

:rofl: Ok, fine.. I'll load it up in the trailer, ask for another week of vacation time and head on out!! What the...  :slap: ... I wish.

Anything is possible if you just put your mind to it!    :nana: :smilielol:
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

jb666

Quote from: resq302 on March 27, 2011, 03:51:13 PM
Quote from: jb666 on March 27, 2011, 03:32:48 PM

Anything is possible if you just put your mind to it!    :nana: :smilielol:

Well there you have it.. You've seen this thread from beginning to end.. Do you think "using my mind" is something I do very often  :rofl:

Steve P.

:smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

I was thinking something close to that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   hahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaa
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

MaximRecoil

I haven't read this whole massive thread yet, so maybe this has already been mentioned, but:

I saw several people criticizing BK Auto about the exhaust tubing "roll bar", but that is actually one of the few things he did right. Exhaust tubing for the "roll bar" is correct for a General Lee replica, because that is what the real first unit General Lees used. For the first unit "closeup cars", the "roll bar" was just a prop, so 2" O.D. exhaust tubing was used to make them easily and on the cheap. The second unit "stunt cars" usually, if not always, got real functional roll bars.

Maybe it was just a coincidence that he got this part right (by virtue of having the same "easy and cheap" goals in mind as Warner Brothers did, rather than intentionally making it "series correct"), but regardless of that, he did get it right. The real first unit General Lees' fake roll bars weren't always well-attached either; there are several scenes on the show where one of the actors bumps into it with his arm and you can see it rock back about a foot.

GTXtreme

I'm thinking about trying to make it up there too. I have family in Westfeild that im due to stop in and see

MoparManJim

Quote from: MaximRecoil on March 29, 2011, 04:01:07 PM
I haven't read this whole massive thread yet, so maybe this has already been mentioned, but:

I saw several people criticizing BK Auto about the exhaust tubing "roll bar", but that is actually one of the few things he did right. Exhaust tubing for the "roll bar" is correct for a General Lee replica, because that is what the real first unit General Lees used. For the first unit "closeup cars", the "roll bar" was just a prop, so 2" O.D. exhaust tubing was used to make them easily and on the cheap. The second unit "stunt cars" usually, if not always, got real functional roll bars.

Maybe it was just a coincidence that he got this part right (by virtue of having the same "easy and cheap" goals in mind as Warner Brothers did, rather than intentionally making it "series correct"), but regardless of that, he did get it right. The real first unit General Lees' fake roll bars weren't always well-attached either; there are several scenes on the show where one of the actors bumps into it with his arm and you can see it rock back about a foot.

What the thread is about is not about the Roll Bar, it's about how the whole car itself was built by them (BK) and sold to a person when the car was in real bad shape from the get go and these guys didn't care. They just slap alot of bondo on the car along with fiberglass on the frame rails to patch them up! They stuck a hemi in and had it tilted off to the side WHICH it shouldn't have been. That is just to name a few bad spots on this car from the start.. these spots SHOULD have been fix by BK the correct way when THEY was building the car for the other person before Jeff came along and got it from that person. The fenders was like swiss cheese after the guys blasted them. Poor Jeff went through alot over this car, and yet you bring up is roll bar tubing being correct :lol:. I highly recommend you read each page of this thread from the start to the end when you can to "see" how the car really was and why this thread is here for. :lol: 

Brock Samson

I stopped reading the posts at page 14.. after that i just looked at the pictures...  :lol:
What ever happened to the guy JB bought it from, did he ever show his face again?. JB didn't buy it from BK, he bought it from a site member, then too late realized it wasn't quite as presented..  :rotz:

I've been rereading the thread when JB actually bought the car,.. but I'm unclear on when it was discovered the "Can'o worms" was actually "crafted" and quite meticulously,  (in bondo Fiberglas and lug nuts) by BK.  What I read was the car was built for the owner now departed,.. by a shop in Texas,.. and the entire purpose of that thread from the get was to steer JB away from BK because he was looking to buy a GL from there...  :shruggy:

MaximRecoil

Quote from: MoparManJim on March 29, 2011, 04:21:17 PM
What the thread is about is not about the Roll Bar, it's about how the whole car itself was built by them (BK) and sold to a person when the car was in real bad shape from the get go and these guys didn't care.

I know what the thread is about. I have already ready forty some-odd pages. Nothing I posted indicates that I don't know what the thread is about.

QuoteThey just slap alot of bondo on the car along with fiberglass on the frame rails to patch them up! They stuck a hemi in and had it tilted off to the side WHICH it shouldn't have been. That is just to name a few bad spots on this car from the start.. these spots SHOULD have been fix by BK the correct way when THEY was building the car for the other person before Jeff came along and got it from that person. The fenders was like swiss cheese after the guys blasted them. Poor Jeff went through alot over this car, and yet you bring up is roll bar tubing being correct :lol:. I highly recommend you read each page of this thread from the start to the end when you can to "see" how the car really was and why this thread is here for. :lol: 

See above. I am well aware of all of that. What gave you the impression that I wasn't? Please quote the specific text of mine that suggested to you that I don't know what the thread is about. This isn't the first time you have misunderstood or otherwise invented your own meaning for something I have posted (in plain English), assuming you are M0ParManJimF from CGLFC.

MoparManJim

Quote from: MaximRecoil on March 29, 2011, 04:37:09 PM
Quote from: MoparManJim on March 29, 2011, 04:21:17 PM
What the thread is about is not about the Roll Bar, it's about how the whole car itself was built by them (BK) and sold to a person when the car was in real bad shape from the get go and these guys didn't care.

I know what the thread is about. I have already ready forty some-odd pages. Nothing I posted indicates that I don't know what the thread is about.

QuoteThey just slap alot of bondo on the car along with fiberglass on the frame rails to patch them up! They stuck a hemi in and had it tilted off to the side WHICH it shouldn't have been. That is just to name a few bad spots on this car from the start.. these spots SHOULD have been fix by BK the correct way when THEY was building the car for the other person before Jeff came along and got it from that person. The fenders was like swiss cheese after the guys blasted them. Poor Jeff went through alot over this car, and yet you bring up is roll bar tubing being correct :lol:. I highly recommend you read each page of this thread from the start to the end when you can to "see" how the car really was and why this thread is here for. :lol:  

See above. I am well aware of all of that. What gave you the impression that I wasn't? Please quote the specific text of mine that suggested to you that I don't know what the thread is about. This isn't the first time you have misunderstood or otherwise invented your own meaning for something I have posted (in plain English), assuming you are M0ParManJimF from CGLFC.

You are aware of all of that? Yet I "think" the fenders part came in around the 50 page mark and you said you only read 40 some pages so far (you might have ran into the start of the fenders issue, I don't know). You posted about roll bars being series correct, but this thread is about a real car being built really well to be really driven with real stuff in it and both guys that bought the car really got shafted (why this thread is here for). Jeff took the charger in to have the roll bar "replace" and that was when they found out about the floor area's and that was how this thread got started but you know that though.  Me invent something? I been with this thread from the very beggining and before the start of it as well and also know both partys in volve and also the guys that did the good work on the charger for Jeff. The company (BK) that did the work before didn't know it seems to much about car restro hench why this thread is here for (I'm sure you will come back with facts on this and that :lol:). Just like over on the CGLFC where other members also said stuff and you came back at them as well about their replying to your reply's when they would reply trying to talk with you at times and it seem to me that when someone says something to you that you don't like to hear you come back at them (just like in this thread at me).  Also BK mention to Jeff long time ago or I should say maybe I am inventing here the reason why they didn't add the padding to the roll bar was because they said the doom light got to hot and would catch the padding on fire, On the DOH series there doom light didn't even work or was used, maybe BK for got about that and should have snip the wires and cap the wires off so the doom light was not functional anymore, that would have made more senes and would have been series correct.. The series did that also on the cars too pressly the stunt cars if things wasn't needed. And yes, I am the same member from on the CGLFC  :lol:  

PS; I am editing this reply as  I just notice the thread was clean up and messages deleted and the thread it seems was short down on page numbers from where it was at before. I knew it was a might big thread.

MaximRecoil

Quote from: MoparManJim on March 29, 2011, 05:29:12 PM
You are aware of all of that? Yet I "think" the fenders part came in around 150 page mark and you said you only read 40 some pages so far.

The fenders were already known to be bad quite a few pages back from where I am. Bad patchwork and excessive Bondo in the fenders were mentioned and pictured on page 41 for example.

QuoteYou posted about roll bars being series correct, but this thread is about a real car being built really well to be really driven with real stuff in it and both guys that bought the car really got shafted (why this thread is here for).

1. No kidding?
2. What of it?

I wasn't commenting on the thread in general; I was commenting on something specific. I said:

"I haven't read this whole massive thread yet, so maybe this has already been mentioned, but:

Maybe it was just a coincidence that he got this part right (by virtue of having the same "easy and cheap" goals in mind as Warner Brothers did, rather than intentionally making it "series correct"), but regardless of that, he did get it right. The real first unit General Lees' fake roll bars weren't always well-attached either; there are several scenes on the show where one of the actors bumps into it with his arm and you can see it rock back about a foot."

Note the sentence that I bolded. That is where I pointed out what I was commenting on specifically.

QuoteJeff took the charger in to have the roll bar "replace" and that was when they found out about the floor area's and that was how this thread got started but you know that though.  Me invent something?

Yes. In this case, you invented the idea that I didn't know what the thread is about. You also invented the idea that I was making some sort of commentary about what I believed was the gist of the thread; when in fact I was simply commenting on something specific within the thread; something specific that I pointed out in plain English no less.

QuoteI been with this thread from the very beggining and before the start of it as well and also know both partys in volve and also the guys that did the good work on the charger for Jeff. The company (BK) that did the work before didn't know it seems to much about car restro hench why this thread is here for (I'm sure you will come back with facts on this and that). Just like over on the CGLFC where other members also said stuff and you came back at them as well about their replying to your reply's when they would reply trying to talk with you at times. It seems to me that when someone says something to you that you don't like to hear you come back at them (just like in this thread at me).  Also BK mention to Jeff long time ago or I should say maybe I am inventing here the reason why they didn't add the padding to the roll bar was because they said the doom light got to hot and would catch the padding on fire, On the DOH series there doom light didn't even work or was used, maybe BK for got about that and should have snip the wires and cap the wires off so the doom light was not functional anymore, that would have made more senes and would have been series correct.. The series did that also on the cars too if things wasn't needed. And yes, I am the same member from on the CGLFC  :lol:

None of this has anything to do with anything. By the way, are you under the impression that I'm defending BK Auto?

MoparManJim

Quote from: MaximRecoil on March 29, 2011, 05:51:24 PM
You are aware of all of that? Yet I "think" the fenders part came in around 150 page mark and you said you only read 40 some pages so far.

The fenders were already known to be bad quite a few pages back from where I am. Bad patchwork and excessive Bondo in the fenders were mentioned and pictured on page 41 for example.

Now you see, I was not talking really about them "mentioning" I was talking about how BK did there job on the fenders when they shouldn't have and also. You see I'm talking about the thread as it happen in the thread, not outside it or mentioning of it at all but from when the stuff was originally posted. You yourself that likes to go with facts should have known that. I wasn't there at all I'm just going off of what was posted back when this thread originally ran it's course. All they did was justclean the thread and short the page numbers down. That is what threw me off in the page numbers and where stuff was at originally. This thread before around last or late summer was at 200 pages then.

QuoteYou posted about roll bars being series correct, but this thread is about a real car being built really well to be really driven with real stuff in it and both guys that bought the car really got shafted (why this thread is here for).

1. No kidding?
2. What of it?

I wasn't commenting on the thread in general; I was commenting on something specific. I said:

"I haven't read this whole massive thread yet, so maybe this has already been mentioned, but:

Maybe it was just a coincidence that he got this part right (by virtue of having the same "easy and cheap" goals in mind as Warner Brothers did, rather than intentionally making it "series correct"), but regardless of that, he did get it right. The real first unit General Lees' fake roll bars weren't always well-attached either; there are several scenes on the show where one of the actors bumps into it with his arm and you can see it rock back about a foot."

Does the bolding help?

QuoteJeff took the charger in to have the roll bar "replace" and that was when they found out about the floor area's and that was how this thread got started but you know that though.  Me invent something?

Well you see, I was commenting on the thread it self, not outside it. Also sense you know so much about the cars on the show, did they ever use fiberglass on the frame rails to make repairs? I'm not trying to be a smart arse here or anything.. but sense you come on here and start in a well know thread with facts about what the real cars had, I thought maybe you might know. I know on the show they did alot of tricks to repair cars in a short time frame and I was cerious if that was one of the ways. I know what you said before, and you are correct about the series and what they used, but this thread is not about a roll bar though, it's about a whole car. I even seen those same people that you mention talk about BK and the roll bar issue. It's these people that is not General Lee fans though and to me and you they probably will not understand the stuff at all where as me and you do understand alot of about the series and what was and wasn't used and what is correct. Now don't take this the wrong way here man, but your on a charger forum not a General Lee forum  :lol: even though the two are for chargers, I don't know how long you been a lurker or what but this place is not at all like the other forum we're both on also. This place has some folks here who doesn't like the General Lee or the show at all so they will trash talk the show and even the car and the people that likes to talk about the facts about the car. I been on here for well afew years now myself and seen at times how things can go hay wired with members and it's nothing like the other forum at all. When people come here and start replying when they are new members in threads like this. Older members (like myself) that knows what happen in the thread will at times schime in and help the person out and explain to them about the thread. What you stated about the roll bar is true, but what I don't think you relaized is this thread is over 2 years old (I think) heck I didn't relaize it either myself until just alittle while ago!    

MoparManJim

QuoteYes. In this case, you invented the idea that I didn't know what the thread is about. You also invented the idea that I was making some sort of commentary about what I believed was the gist of the thread; when in fact I was simply commenting on something specific within the thread; something specific that I pointed out in plain English no less.

Okay, I'll admit, when you first started posting here, at first the way you talked in your reply you was not that far into the build and was only commenting on the parts you had red so far. We had other members do the same thing like you did, before and also try to point things out. The thread isn't about the series or what they used on it, the thread here is about a man's car he had rebuilt after he bought it off another forum member. You pointing out that BK did one thing correct by the roll bar when other's was trashing the tubing that was used, But was clear as english that the roll bar was being replace anyways with a real one and I pointed that out also as clear as day. You see we're both talking about roll bars but we're on two different pages, your talking bout the series ones and I'm talking about the on in the car.

QuoteI been with this thread from the very beggining and before the start of it as well and also know both partys in volve and also the guys that did the good work on the charger for Jeff. The company (BK) that did the work before didn't know it seems to much about car restro hench why this thread is here for (I'm sure you will come back with facts on this and that). Just like over on the CGLFC where other members also said stuff and you came back at them as well about their replying to your reply's when they would reply trying to talk with you at times. It seems to me that when someone says something to you that you don't like to hear you come back at them (just like in this thread at me).  Also BK mention to Jeff long time ago or I should say maybe I am inventing here the reason why they didn't add the padding to the roll bar was because they said the doom light got to hot and would catch the padding on fire, On the DOH series there doom light didn't even work or was used, maybe BK for got about that and should have snip the wires and cap the wires off so the doom light was not functional anymore, that would have made more senes and would have been series correct.. The series did that also on the cars too if things wasn't needed. And yes, I am the same member from on the CGLFC  :lol:

None of this has anything to do with anything. By the way, are you under the impression that I'm defending BK Auto?
[/quote] 

The heck it doesn't. It has to do with the thread about the car that you made the comment about it's old roll bar being one thing correct that the other place done correct to the whole car. If it wasn't for this thread we wouldn't be here right now having the discussion we are having right now. So it all does have something to do with it. But sense you just said this has nothing to do with anything. Let me point out some facts here for you. Jeff was looking for a charger back in 2008 (I think it was 2008, might have been 2009). He posted on this site looking for a charger.. we had a member (I know both parts part came into play at above) from over on the CGLFC forum wanting to sell his GL, so afew of us on here that are also members over there pointed him (including myself) to that member (before this tread started). Jeff then became a member over there as well. Jeff got the car from that person which that person got the car from you guess it BK. After Jeff got the car home and didn't like how things was set up he took the car to the shop to have the "roll bar" redone and that was when they found out how bad the car really was. Then Jeff came here and started this thread about the car he got and the rebuild of it all that was starting to take place on his car and to warn others about the place down south sense they was the ones that built the car into a General Lee, the same place you said did one thing correct with and that was with the roll bar. Yet you say none of this has anything to do with anything.. man are you off your mark as I just explained it all to you on how each part is connected. So it does have something to do with it all. Now I'll answer your question, no I'm not under the impression that you are defending or trying to defend BK. You just pointed out a very very small item that they done correct that was being replace was all.

MaximRecoil

QuoteOkay, I'll admit, when you first started posting here, at first the way you talked in your reply you was not that far into the build and was only commenting on the parts you had red so far. We had other members do the same thing like you did, before and also try to point things out. The thread isn't about the series or what they used on it, the thread here is about a man's car he had rebuilt after he bought it off another forum member. You pointing out that BK did one thing correct by the roll bar when other's was trashing the tubing that was used, But was clear as english that the roll bar was being replace anyways with a real one and I pointed that out also as clear as day. You see we're both talking about roll bars but we're on two different pages, your talking bout the series ones and I'm talking about the on in the car.

I pointed out a simple fact in my original post; i.e., that the exhaust tubing roll bar was "series correct" for a first unit General Lee. Everything you have posted in response to that fact has been from way out in left field; i.e., you made some baseless assumptions which were 100% false, and then proceded to tell me things about the thread that I already knew. 

QuoteThe heck it doesn't.

It doesn't. The only thing relevant to my original post is whether or not the exhaust tubing roll bar was "series correct" for a first unit General Lee. If you disagree that the exhaust tubing roll bar was "series correct" for a first unit General Lee, then you have something relevant to my post to discuss. Otherwise, baseless/false assumptions and unsolicited thread summaries which I don't need, are not in any way relevant. 

Back N Black

Quote from: MaximRecoil on March 29, 2011, 05:51:24 PM

1. No kidding?
2. What of it?

Note the sentence that I bolded. That is where I pointed out what I was commenting on specifically.

QuoteJeff took the charger in to have the roll bar "replace" and that was when they found out about the floor area's and that was how this thread got started but you know that though.  Me invent something?

Yes. In this case, you invented the idea that I didn't know what the thread is about. You also invented the idea that I was making some sort of commentary about what I believed was the gist of the thread; when in fact I was simply commenting on something specific within the thread; something specific that I pointed out in plain English no less.

QuoteI been with this thread from the very beggining and before the start of it as well and also know both partys in volve and also the guys that did the good work on the charger for Jeff. The company (BK) that did the work before didn't know it seems to much about car restro hench why this thread is here for (I'm sure you will come back with facts on this and that). Just like over on the CGLFC where other members also said stuff and you came back at them as well about their replying to your reply's when they would reply trying to talk with you at times. It seems to me that when someone says something to you that you don't like to hear you come back at them (just like in this thread at me).  Also BK mention to Jeff long time ago or I should say maybe I am inventing here the reason why they didn't add the padding to the roll bar was because they said the doom light got to hot and would catch the padding on fire, On the DOH series there doom light didn't even work or was used, maybe BK for got about that and should have snip the wires and cap the wires off so the doom light was not functional anymore, that would have made more senes and would have been series correct.. The series did that also on the cars too if things wasn't needed. And yes, I am the same member from on the CGLFC  :lol:

I think you and MoparmanJim should PM each other and not becker on this thread......

jb666

Quote from: Brock Samson on March 29, 2011, 04:23:03 PM
I stopped reading the posts at page 14.. after that i just looked at the pictures...  :lol:
What ever happened to the guy JB bought it from, did he ever show his face again?. JB didn't buy it from BK, he bought it from a site member, then too late realized it wasn't quite as presented..  :rotz:

I've been rereading the thread when JB actually bought the car,.. but I'm unclear on when it was discovered the "Can'o worms" was actually "crafted" and quite meticulously,  (in bondo Fiberglas and lug nuts) by BK.  What I read was the car was built for the owner now departed,.. by a shop in Texas,.. and the entire purpose of that thread from the get was to steer JB away from BK because he was looking to buy a GL from there...  :shruggy:

It was discovered it was a "can'o worms" from page one. It's the reason I started this thread in the first place.. If you look at the string of pics on page 1 it's where it all began... I brought it in for frame connectors and a small cage, and it never left the shop..

As for the car... The owner IS now departed, but was a member here.. He's not dead, he just ran for the hills... The purpose of "that thread"?? I never planned to buy a car from BK.. In fact, before this car I had never heard of "BK Auto".. The only scammer I knew at the time was Hans.

Brock Samson

Comic irony: Irony that is humorous (whereas much irony is not)
Dramatic irony: When the audience (or reader) knows a fictional character is making a mistake, because the reader has more information than the character.
Tragic irony: A type of dramatic irony. In tragic irony, a character's actions lead to consequences that are both tragic, and contrary to the character's desire and intentions.
Historical irony: A kind of situational irony that takes a long period of years for the irony to become evident.
Socratic irony: When a person asks questions, pretending not to understand, to lure the interlocutor into a logical trap. (Socrates, in Plato's dialogues, was a master of this technique.)

First I get the Irony of the correct exhaust tubes being used to duplicate a series one General Lee. quite possibly by accident. Jim seems to have had that pass well over his head and seems unable to let go of something that transpired elsewhere and should PLEASE be left there... in other words, do not respond further Jim.  :RantExplode:

Second: i'm talking about the other thread JB, where we all tried to warn you not to purchase from Hans aka BK and company,.. I can't find the Part or thread where you discovered where Your Charger was actually slapped together there...
How did you discover that?...
Maybe i should'a read all 200 pages?..  :smilielol:

jb666

Quote from: Brock Samson on March 29, 2011, 07:25:18 PM

Comic irony: Irony that is humorous (whereas much irony is not)
Dramatic irony: When the audience (or reader) knows a fictional character is making a mistake, because the reader has more information than the character.
Tragic irony: A type of dramatic irony. In tragic irony, a character's actions lead to consequences that are both tragic, and contrary to the character's desire and intentions.
Historical irony: A kind of situational irony that takes a long period of years for the irony to become evident.
Socratic irony: When a person asks questions, pretending not to understand, to lure the interlocutor into a logical trap. (Socrates, in Plato's dialogues, was a master of this technique.)

First I get the Irony of the correct exhaust tubes being used to duplicate a series one General Lee. quite possibly by accident. Jim seems to have had that pass well over his head and seems unable to let go of something that transpired elsewhere and should PLEASE be left there... in other words, do not respond further Jim.  :RantExplode:

Second: i'm talking about the other thread JB, where we all tried to warn you not to purchase from Hans aka BK and company,.. I can't find the Part or thread where you discovered where Your Charger was actually slapped together there...
How did you discover that?...
Maybe i should'a read all 200 pages?..  :smilielol:

Nah, no need to read all 200...

I know about the other thread where the warnings were flying around like crazy about Hans... As for BK, if you can find that, I'd like to see it, because the warnings weren't there about him. Until the purchase of this car, BK didn't exist to me...

I discovered mine was "built" (or molded out of Bondo?) at BK the day I called Brian about it. He told me who bought it.

The beginning is actually quite different then you think. I was brought here and told by MANY forum members that "this car was built right", because BK knew how to take the right pictures.. To the world, this thing appeared to be done right...  The thread where Brian was selling the car was very detailed and made the car look mint.

You forgot what seems to apply here..

Verbal Irony
Verbal irony is the use of words to convey something other than, and especially the opposite of the literal meaning of the words, to emphasize, aggrandize, or make light or a circumstance or subject. A common example of this use of verbal irony is the scenario of a man staring out a window looking at a miserably muddy rainy day and remarking, "lovely day for a stroll." This remark is ironic because it expresses the opposite of the circumstances.

Brock Samson