News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

C500 or Daytona "found"?

Started by BPTRacing, November 03, 2008, 02:11:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BPTRacing

Just got an excited call from a buddy - apparently he got a call about a 69 Dodge Charger in a shed somewhere in the east (we're in Central, IL), that has a fastback window.  :o   Hmm. He also claims that after some additional phone calls, the story was confirmed.  It reportedly does not have a front grille or nose, nor a wing. But, there was a difference in the stories as to whether or not there were holes in the tops of the front fenders.

Unfortunately he knows how much I want one, so he is not real free with the info at the moment.   ;D

Now this guy knows what he's looking for - he's already one of "them" with 3 Superbirds  :RantExplode:
Says he will be buying it if its real. So basically called me to rub it in, and also to say he was flying out there next week and will call me to bring a trailer to him if the transaction is completed.

Oh well, about as close as I can expect to get to finding one for myself  :'(

What a way to start the week!  :cheers:

Scotty
Selling all my current toys to build a Twin Turbo Superbird clone "street" car.

PocketThunder

:popcrn:  You should have posted this story at the end of next week with the pictures!!!  Now we have to wait in limbo for 10 days...  :brickwall:   :icon_smile_big:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

69_500

There are a few project cars in that area, that if rumors are to be believed could be up for sale. Personally I'd love to be able to jump on them but I don't know about the rest of you guys but my $$$ has been cut in well more than half in the past 8 months.

moparstuart

Quote from: 69_500 on November 03, 2008, 03:18:43 PM
There are a few project cars in that area, that if rumors are to be believed could be up for sale. Personally I'd love to be able to jump on them but I don't know about the rest of you guys but my $$$ has been cut in well more than half in the past 8 months.
:yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: , and buisness sucks too on top of that !!!

keep us posted on the car !!

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

BPTRacing

Quote from: PocketThunder on November 03, 2008, 02:43:16 PM
:popcrn:  You should have posted this story at the end of next week with the pictures!!!  Now we have to wait in limbo for 10 days...  :brickwall:   :icon_smile_big:

NAHHH I HATE to suffer alone!  :icon_smile_big:

GeneralLeeTESH

Some friend. I'd be telling him to go BUY HIS OWN trailer ! He's just using you for use of the trailer ! :flame:
The TESH

69_500

For a long time there was a Daytona in a shed in illinois. That car has since been sold, and has been on ebay about 15 times since then. I'm sure there are still plenty of them out there. Just can't find them when I have $$$, and when I don't have any $$$$ saved up seems to be when I come across them.

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

BPTRacing

Quote from: GeneralLeeTESH on November 03, 2008, 04:38:33 PM
Some friend. I'd be telling him to go BUY HIS OWN trailer ! He's just using you for use of the trailer ! :flame:

LOL Yeah but.... No Way I could purchase anything like this at the moment, ...AND he has reportedly just scored a "nice" 70 Satellite he is trading to me for a set of 69 Charger doors grille, and hood. After all - what are friends for !

62 Max

There is a differnce between buddys and friends.A buddy will screw you,a friend won't ! :Twocents:

Blown70

Quote from: 62 Max on November 04, 2008, 09:35:13 AM
There is a differnce between buddys and friends.A buddy will screw you,a friend won't ! :Twocents:

THAT IS A GREAT QUOTE..... I will have to remember that one.

billssuperbird

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

BROCK

Buddies that screw ya should at the very least be moved to the acquintance list.  The last
buddy that screwed me got a punch in the mouth.

I do put others first in my decisions though.  I found a 312 for a friend, gave him the name,
number, price & directions.  He ignored the tip.  Six years later, I bought the same engine
from the same guy for the same price & my buddy acted jealous.  After that much patience
with him, I will not feel like I screwed him at all.

I see your friend found the car of your dreams.  Must be high on his list too.  I think you'll
be ahead with the experience of supporting & helping him.  It always erks me when some-
one seems to gloat over things.  You can always just leave or be direct & calmly explain
that you don't have to stick around & put up with his childishness.

:Twocents:

=============================================
Let your music be in transit to the world

Tim L

Any more information on this car? Photos would be great!
JS23N0E
BS23H1B
XX29L9B381541

nascarxx29

1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701