News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Any onne hear know about Soical Sectury Disabliliity Benafits law?

Started by cudaken, October 30, 2005, 07:53:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cudaken

My spelling will be real bad in this posting had more than I should of Cam 2. Short verson of the story.

Bother in law is living with me, to say he is not quick is a understament. Cannot use a toaster and will leave it there. He has many proplems inc 2 heart attacks, blood clots and a never problem. His hands shake all the the time. He has filed a claim in IN and has a SS hearing in January. He has 4 sons (something worked) but none of them will let him stay with them so I took him in IL's.

Now lies the question. He will not let me help him get food stamps (I am down on my luck now as well) he thinks (need to talk to him to understand that the lights are on but no one is home) it will keep him from getting SS Disabliliity.

I talked with a case worker in IL and he said "SS is Fed and food stamps is state and won't hurt his case, and can have the hearing transfer to IL as well".

So I asked him if I can speak to his lawyer, to say all heck broke lose is a underatament. My wife is pissed at me, by daughter called and said "I am trying to make him my bitch". I tried to explaine Lawyer Client (Spell checked need big time) conafinatly. Means you can tell your lawyer "I killed the son of a b--th" and cannot tell the court you said it.

He also called one of his sons and was told "don't let Ken talk to the lawyer". I think I smell a rat and it is not me.

Am I right about the lawyer to Clinet thing?

I have ass think his 4 rats are after his possible SS benafits, I might be wrong and hope so. Hell they won't let him live with him, and not the first time either. This his 3rd tripe to live with me.

Any real lawyers here?

Cuda Ken
I am back

cudaken

I am back

Blown70

not a lawyer but I have very good friends that are.  I guess what is the exact question... Yes you can tell the lawyer anything and that has to be held in Attorney Client privledge.

Vainglory, Esq.

QuoteAm I right about the lawyer to Clinet thing?

Attorney-client privilege would cover absolutely everything unless you told him that you were planning on committing a future crime.  That being said, your lawyer can choose to stop representing you if you admit that you did it - this was decided in a case that I forgot the name of, but it's still an ethical battle.

RD

Quote from: cudaken on October 30, 2005, 07:53:30 PM
My spelling will be real bad in this posting had more than I should of Cam 2. Short verson of the story.

Bother in law is living with me, to say he is not quick is a understament. Cannot use a toaster and will leave it there. He has many proplems inc 2 heart attacks, blood clots and a never problem. His hands shake all the the time. He has filed a claim in IN and has a SS hearing in January. He has 4 sons (something worked) but none of them will let him stay with them so I took him in IL's.

Now lies the question. He will not let me help him get food stamps (I am down on my luck now as well) he thinks (need to talk to him to understand that the lights are on but no one is home) it will keep him from getting SS Disabliliity.

I talked with a case worker in IL and he said "SS is Fed and food stamps is state and won't hurt his case, and can have the hearing transfer to IL as well".

So I asked him if I can speak to his lawyer, to say all heck broke lose is a underatament. My wife is pissed at me, by daughter called and said "I am trying to make him my bitch". I tried to explaine Lawyer Client (Spell checked need big time) conafinatly. Means you can tell your lawyer "I killed the son of a b--th" and cannot tell the court you said it.

He also called one of his sons and was told "don't let Ken talk to the lawyer". I think I smell a rat and it is not me.

Am I right about the lawyer to Clinet thing?

I have ass think his 4 rats are after his possible SS benafits, I might be wrong and hope so. Hell they won't let him live with him, and not the first time either. This his 3rd tripe to live with me.

Any real lawyers here?

Cuda Ken

well Ken I see that your wife and daughter have no clue that you are trying to help this guy out.  If so, then let your daughter and your wife take care of him from now on and wash your hands of the situation.

Break down your monthly budget to include what you spend on him to your wife and family, then show a budget where if he would be put on food stamps or other welfare services to see how it would benefit the family.  Afterall, he is in YOUR house correct?  As far as his siblings, I would ask that if they would want to intercede in their father's behalf, then let them.  Just explain to them that if they feel they need to make decisions for their father, then by God they can have him live with them.

Your wife and your daughter need to back you up on this one.  If they do not, then do not go any further with it.  I do not know the entire situation, but it sounds like you have the best interests of the guy and your family in mind.  Also, with so much flack headed your way, I would just remove yourself from responsibility of him and his welfare.  Determine his disabilities and see if the state has any programs that can help.  What are his disabilities anyway?
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Todd Wilson

Quote from: cudaken on October 30, 2005, 07:53:30 PM

Cuda Ken

You need another beer! HAHA!

Todd

2fast4u

even drunk....I could still manage to click on the spell check :thumbs:
DODGE CHARGER--Fuel for Living!

73dodge

Not quite sure what you are trying to get across with your post, but if your BL is not mentally all there could you have him found mentally incompetent and take over for his care and then have him get SS disability benefits???
Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms should be a convenience store NOT a government agency!