News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Starting, spark issues with a Warlock truck

Started by matthompson, December 05, 2008, 09:13:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matthompson

Hey all, I just acquired a 77 Dodge Warlock truck, great shape except for busted windshield and some hail dents in the hood.  360 Motor was recently rebuild, has less than 500 miles on it.  The reason I was able to buy it, the guys wife told him to sell it, and I was the first to ask about it. 
  The last time the motor ran was about 9 months ago, apparently when the wife last started and moved the truck, and husband told her to leave it running and he would put it back next to the garage, well, about 15 minutes later he said the truck quit running, like someone just turned off the key. And he could not get it to start again.  9 months later and now it is my problem.

I put a new ballast resistor on it, and a ECM on the firewall, but still no spark.  Could it be the ignition module that is on the drivers fenderwell? Could it be something with the distributor?  What gives?

Thanks for any info.

BigBlackDodge

Check for spark at the plugs and fuel in the carb.

BBD

moparstuart

Quote from: matthompson on December 05, 2008, 09:13:58 PM
Hey all, I just acquired a 77 Dodge Warlock truck, great shape except for busted windshield and some hail dents in the hood.  360 Motor was recently rebuild, has less than 500 miles on it.  The reason I was able to buy it, the guys wife told him to sell it, and I was the first to ask about it. 
  The last time the motor ran was about 9 months ago, apparently when the wife last started and moved the truck, and husband told her to leave it running and he would put it back next to the garage, well, about 15 minutes later he said the truck quit running, like someone just turned off the key. And he could not get it to start again.  9 months later and now it is my problem.

I put a new ballast resistor on it, and a ECM on the firewall, but still no spark.  Could it be the ignition module that is on the drivers fenderwell? Could it be something with the distributor?  What gives?

Thanks for any info.
I had a 77 ramcharger the ate ECM's but you tried that already    coil maybe ????
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

chgr500

Do you have a radio noise resistor on the coil hooked up...I had one that went short to ground and the points (no longer there) would show a very weak spark and a no start condition  :shruggy:

2harleyriders

I have a 77 Dodge 150 and had the same issue.  I replaced every primary and secondary ignition part there is and it ended up being the ignition switch.  I had to have a steering column company come out and and replace it for me. 
Thats how I roll.

matthompson

Fuel is getting to the carb, checked and rechecked that, just not getting any spark.  Pulled the No. 1 plug wire and put it near a bolt while dad hit the key, no spark.   Then checked the distributor cap and rotor, no corrosion or anything, everything is clean. 

BigBlackDodge

matthompson

Ok, It is fixed and running.  Runs great and strong.   :cheers:

We replaced the module that was on the driver side fender, my dad called it "the brain".  I am not sure what it is actually called, ignition module maybe. 

But anyway, it is up and running good.  Just need to replace belts, change oil, and things like that now.

Later guys.