News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Wayne Perkins 69 500 restoration begins

Started by moparstuart, December 15, 2008, 03:29:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

moparstuart

moparstuart

moparstuart

moparstuart

moparstuart

:drool5:  all this in one week    :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

tan top

Quote from: moparstuart on December 22, 2008, 10:04:54 AM
So Ed got the car on friday the 12th of december.  So one week later on friday the 19th here it is all sheet metal work done . I told you this guy is fast .

:o  yikes .. that guy works quick  :yesnod:  .... good pictures Stuart ......... :popcrn:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

moparstuart

Quote from: PocketThunder on December 22, 2008, 11:09:47 AM
what,... no snow on the ground?
There is alittle here and there but it got warm and rained so melted it.  He is about an hour south of kansas city also . Paul your car could be in sheet metal in a week bring it on down .

charger500440

Awesome stuff. If he's that quick I have only one question, how much does he charge? I'll bring him my 500 too...

Mike
1969 SE  383 Automatic
1969 500 440 Automatic

moparstuart

Quote from: charger500440 on December 22, 2008, 11:57:25 AM
Awesome stuff. If he's that quick I have only one question, how much does he charge? I'll bring him my 500 too...

Mike
Thats a loaded question ,  you can get a nice driver , to an over restored show car , to a ebay 10 footer special .   He will do turn key assembled or assmeble required.   If i find out what range wayne is paying i'll let you know .   My buddy had his challenger convert done there with about the same sheet metal replacement, plus pete  took apart and re-assembled him self .   Pete supplied all the parts .  Ed just did labor , paint and body supplies .

moparstuart

more , plus photo of my crew

C500

That dude is working pretty fast alright. Keep the pics coming  :popcrn: , I love seeing a resto in progress.
"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."

MOPARHOUND!

Great pic's Stuart.   :cheers:  Thanks for posting them.  Look forward to more.................
1971 Charger R/T, 440 H.P., Auto, A/C Daily Driven (till gas went nuts).  NOW IN CARS FOR SALE SECTION: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,48709.0.html
1969 Charger 318/Auto (latest addtion): http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,31948.0.html
*Speed costs money son, how fast do you want to go, and for how long?"
*"Build the biggest engine you can afford the first time."
*"We normally wouldn't use a 383 for this build, parts and labor for a 440 cost the same."

charger500440

[/quote] Thats a loaded question ,  you can get a nice driver , to an over restored show car , to a ebay 10 footer special .   He will do turn key assembled or assmeble required.   If i find out what range wayne is paying i'll let you know .   My buddy had his challenger convert done there with about the same sheet metal replacement, plus pete  took apart and re-assembled him self and gave around 5 k.   Pete supplied all the parts .  Ed just did labor , paint and body supplies .

[/quote]

Yes, it was a loaded question. Here in the snowy northeast, labor is ludicrous. Parts are parts but labor is out of control. I know I'll end up doing all the work myself but I would be curious to know what others around the country are charging for labor. As for your crew, looking good. They'll be motoring around the mid-west soon enough. Rock , chalk, Jayhawk...

Mike
1969 SE  383 Automatic
1969 500 440 Automatic

moparstuart

Quote from: charger500440 on December 22, 2008, 12:51:13 PM

Thats a loaded question ,  you can get a nice driver , to an over restored show car , to a ebay 10 footer special .   He will do turn key assembled or assmeble required.   If i find out what range wayne is paying i'll let you know .   My buddy had his challenger convert done there with about the same sheet metal replacement, plus pete  took apart and re-assembled him self and gave around 5 k.   Pete supplied all the parts .  Ed just did labor , paint and body supplies .

[/quote]

Yes, it was a loaded question. Here in the snowy northeast, labor is ludicrous. Parts are parts but labor is out of control. I know I'll end up doing all the work myself but I would be curious to know what others around the country are charging for labor. As for your crew, looking good. They'll be motoring around the mid-west soon enough. Rock , chalk, Jayhawk...

Mike
[/quote]  my wife graduated from KU ,  i'm a MU fan myself  :smilielol:

PocketThunder

Quote from: moparstuart on December 22, 2008, 11:38:22 AM
Quote from: PocketThunder on December 22, 2008, 11:09:47 AM
what,... no snow on the ground?
There is alittle here and there but it got warm and rained so melted it.  He is about an hour south of kansas city also . Paul your car could be in sheet metal in a week bring it on down .

If only i could afford it...  Does Ed offer a bailout package?   :pity:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

moparstuart

moparstuart

moparstuart

moparstuart

moparstuart

moparstuart

moparstuart

69_500

Wow that is pretty quick. Should still be a very nice looking car once done. Not a big fan of white cars though, but they do look good if they are done right.