News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Wayne Perkins 69 500 restoration begins

Started by moparstuart, December 15, 2008, 03:29:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moparstuart

Not a great fan of white by its self or white and black . White with red should be awesome the red should make it POP
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

moparchris

I don't think I've ever seen a bodyman work that quickly.  In my experience they all seem to work at the same speed, roughly half of everyone else.  Is he going to paint the car for Wayne also?

moparstuart

yes , if it gets warm enought i would imagine it will be in color soon, if not already  ?

LilRedDave

I love body guys garage's, they're just filthy. You gotta admit that a giant orange engine in a white engine bay just pops out at you. Great pics, keep 'em coming.

PocketThunder

Quote from: LilRedDave on December 23, 2008, 10:07:49 AM
I love body guys garage's, they're just filthy. You gotta admit that a giant orange engine in a white engine bay just pops out at you. Great pics, keep 'em coming.

Thats what i thought also.  the tool boxes have a layer of dust on them that you can never keep clean.  I used to work in a body shop and part of my job was to keep everything clean.  I was never out of work..  :-\
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

MOPARHOUND!

1971 Charger R/T, 440 H.P., Auto, A/C Daily Driven (till gas went nuts).  NOW IN CARS FOR SALE SECTION: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,48709.0.html
1969 Charger 318/Auto (latest addtion): http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,31948.0.html
*Speed costs money son, how fast do you want to go, and for how long?"
*"Build the biggest engine you can afford the first time."
*"We normally wouldn't use a 383 for this build, parts and labor for a 440 cost the same."

moparstuart

wayne said he is painting it today ?  hopefully shots tomorrow ?????   Ed is old and it's the holidays :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

moparstuart

It 's painted and he is appling the stripe today. I am going with wayne to pick up the car saturday and take it back to his farm .  If anyone wants specific picture of it , or specific pictures from my 500 let me know .  I will bring the camera and get lots of shots .     

charger500440

:cheers:

The more the better. Looking forward to seeing it...

Mike
1969 SE  383 Automatic
1969 500 440 Automatic

69_500

Quote from: moparstuart on December 31, 2008, 09:22:29 AM
It 's painted and he is appling the stripe today. I am going with wayne to pick up the car saturday and take it back to his farm .  If anyone wants specific picture of it , or specific pictures from my 500 let me know .  I will bring the camera and get lots of shots .     

Is that statement a joke? JK

I'll take any pictures you wanna sent my way of either car. Does Wayne need a stripe to put on the car? If so I have an extra red one sitting here in the garage thanks to Doug S.

Specific pictures huh? Hmmm, how about date codes on the rear glass on both cars?

moparstuart

Quote from: 69_500 on December 31, 2008, 04:39:03 PM
Quote from: moparstuart on December 31, 2008, 09:22:29 AM

Is that statement a joke? JK

I'll take any pictures you wanna sent my way of either car. Does Wayne need a stripe to put on the car? If so I have an extra red one sitting here in the garage thanks to Doug S.

Specific pictures huh? Hmmm, how about date codes on the rear glass on both cars?
I will look for the date codes on the glass's , I really didnt want to un wrap mine but i guess i will. Only for you danny  :smilielol: , he said they were putting the stripe on the car today so i assume he already has one .

moparstuart

69_500

Looking good.

So does he wanna do my 500 as well. JK I don't have the $$$$ to do anything like that right now.

Daytona2Be

I noticed the K-member and steering box have paint on them also. Overspray, or were they treated before painting?

moparstuart

He's cheap 5 or 6k and your set .  Bring it on down 3 weeks tops and you'll be done.  Nice driver quality .  

69_500

My car is a little different than Wayne's. Mine will need more metal replaced than just a trunk floor though. Would need quite a bit of work.

moparstuart

Quote from: Daytona2Be on January 02, 2009, 09:13:34 AM
I noticed the K-member and steering box have paint on them also. Overspray, or were they treated before painting?
I guess we will see when he's done. We go to get it tomorrow so i will have ton's of picutres up this weekend .  

moparstuart

Quote from: 69_500 on January 02, 2009, 09:16:06 AM
My car is a little different than Wayne's. Mine will need more metal replaced than just a trunk floor though. Would need quite a bit of work.
Wow wayne got a trunk floor , quarter extensions and quarters , plus some floor pan work . Is yours worse then that. ?

69_500

I would say so. I think that when I finally strip my car down its going to need a lot of work.

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

PocketThunder

Quote from: BigBlockSam on January 02, 2009, 11:30:06 AM
what state is his shop in ?

I think he said its in Kansas. 

And i'll come up with $6000 by next year and maybe just maybe i can bring TC down for surgery.
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

moparstuart

he is in missouri just less than an hour south of KC

He did the body work and paint on the bridible also .

PocketThunder

Quote from: moparstuart on January 02, 2009, 11:56:46 AM
he is in missouri just less than an hour south of KC

He did the body work and paint on the bridible also .

Heck i've got a job going on in Springfield right now, i could throw TC in the back of one of our trucks from the warehouse and save on shipping!   :2thumbs:

moparstuart

tan top

:yesnod: ......... can't wait to see more pictures  , assembled with the red interior  :drool5: ......... looking good  :coolgleamA:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html