News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Old Mopars in the wild

Started by 1969chargerrtse, December 30, 2008, 11:19:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WingCharger

Quote from: 69 charger 500 on February 03, 2009, 08:05:32 PM
actually im a second gen guy i love the 69's my girl loves the 76 i figure nothin says i love you like your dream car in the driveway
360s can make respectable numbers. :2thumbs: Built right, it would do a good cruiser. The drivetrain and everything but the sheetmetal on those cars is the same as the third gens. :2thumbs:

69 charger 500

well whatever i build will be a daily driver so i will be using her and fixin her at same time i might be getting a 68 charger or 69 coronet off guy here on forums

68beepbeep

Hay '69 Charger 500,  you've got ~Dodge Fever~

(Based on your captune on the bottom)

69 charger 500

yep and i aint takin a cure for it either  :coolgleamA:

1969chargerrtse

So I'm running up to my kids school to grab my daughter after a basketball game, and what do I see?
Wow, this is one nice looking car.  I talked to the shop guy and he said he works on the guys Challenger and his triple black 68 charger. :drool5:  He said he built the motor for the guy and it's dyno'd at 600 and something hp.  He said the 727 is only a year old and can't handle the power so he has to build it in some way.  He said the guy has the matching number engine all rebuilt boxed up.  The rope is so he can drag the car in and out of the garage.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

1969chargerrtse

I found this nice looking Charger parked on the side of the road.  I wonder if he's a member here?
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

The70RT

Some I took on vacation the first of the year. This guy liked showing them but didn't want you asking about them..........like anyone could fix and drive this many....but hey their his  ::)
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The70RT

This guy had a yard full. I didn't even take pics of all of them. A dogmet me at the drive and no one came out  :-\

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: The70RT on February 16, 2009, 07:28:15 PM
This guy had a yard full. I didn't even take pics of all of them. A dogmet me at the drive and no one came out  :-\
Nice pics. I hate dogs.

WingCharger

BigRed66

Quote from: WingCharger on February 16, 2009, 09:13:43 PM

Looks Tired.

:icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:
Sweet Car!

'74 with '72 hidden headlights...hmmm...doesn't look tired, looks buzzed!
"...between the velvet lies, there's a truth that's hard as steel..."

68beepbeep

Here's a picture of a friends '68 GTX taken back in '69 with a Dover drag strip(in Wingdale N.Y.) winning trophy.
Car location was Norwalk CT~owner~Steve Ackerman~car '68 GTX 440 auto on column, dark blue, black interior with chrome reversed rims.

68beepbeep

Here's a few in the wild(wild fire's maybe)???

68beepbeep

:flame:

69bronzeT5

I know the story on those cars. Here is the story told by a member from Cuda-Challenger.

"I toured the yard wanting to get a roof for my 73 Challenger. I was very familiar with the yard, and had struck up an amicable trust withthe owner of the yard. Not the friendliest guy in the world, but an interesting guy nonetheless. We found a roof worthy of a cut-job, and made an agreement for purchase of $500. Kinda steep, what you pay is for proximity I figured. 1/2 down, 1/2 on pick-up. The owner of the yard marked the cuts to be made, and told me that he would have it ready for pick up in 2 weeks. (He had a swap meet the next weekend). No problem. I gave it almost 2 weeks, calling on Thursday. I had a funny feeling because friends that live nearby said that they had a fire in the yard. So I called  to check in to confirm pick up on Saturday, just to ensure that everything was kosher.
I spoke with the owner and he told me that the guys who were cutting off the roof off the car started a fire. He told me that 5 cars burned up pretty bad, and I should have a look. When I arrived, I searched the yard with the owner, and we could not find the roof at first glance. Once he showed me the carnage of what was left of the cars I deduced that the roof was probably wasted as well. When we did find the roof, I apologetically and calmly told him that the roof would no longer be worth my time. I wtold him I would be happy to see if there was something else in the yard that would be worth my money. "
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

RS23 71

Hey 68BeepBeep I think I recognized all those pics titled  S.Dakota_***.jpg, those are all at one place along Hwy 212 in about the middle of the state right? If its the place I'm thinking I drove by there a few times and drooled over all the very old cars.

FLG

Saw across the street from my job.

Its a 66 4 door with a single exhaust. Dont know much about the options for that year.

I see it around from time to time.

68beepbeep

Quote from: RS23 71 on February 19, 2009, 08:36:45 PM
Hey 68BeepBeep I think I recognized all those pics titled  S.Dakota_***.jpg, those are all at one place along Hwy 212 in about the middle of the state right? If its the place I'm thinking I drove by there a few times and drooled over all the very old cars.

No, it's on the Wyoming line~left side of the state!!!   :icon_smile_wink:

nascarxx29

1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

chargerrt

A real good friend of mine sent this picture to my phone yesterday.  He saw it on his way to Daytona for Bike Week.

Brock Samson

I %$&!! dropped my camara in the car after i got this clone bee....   :o  so i been out of action for a few weeks..
after an intensive search I found this - another almost identical but slightly better then the broke one - today for $60.oo

so i'm back....  :2thumbs:

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Brock Samson on March 05, 2009, 11:17:45 PM
I %$&!! dropped my camara in the car after i got this clone bee....   :o  so i been out of action for a few weeks..
after an intensive search I found this - another almost identical but slightly better then the broke one - today for $60.oo

And I thought Brock was a male name?   Man you look HOT!  :icon_smile_wink:

moparstuart

Quote from: Brock Samson on March 05, 2009, 11:17:45 PM

did you buy her with the camera for the 60.00 ?
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Brock Samson

O.K. this seems like as good a place as any to post these up,..
I found this old shot on the Supercar Registry and thought I'd take a comparason shot up there,.. so today I finally got around to it.. and I'm gonna toss in a night shot looking out over the bay just for yucks...  :icon_smile_wink:

The70RT