News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

It's a sad day, Daytona gone

Started by hemi68charger, January 02, 2009, 08:12:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi68charger

Well, I knew it would happen again, bad timing.... The Daytona I've been pursuing for about a year has finally found a buyer and it isn't me...... I just didn't have enough time and dinero all at once to get the '68 Hemi of mine further along to sell for the price I needed.   :brickwall:

Oh well, they'll be others and I'll keep pushin' along with the '68..  Always so close, yet so far........

I know, I know...... What do I have to whine about? I still have my '68.................

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

69_500

Sorry to hear that Troy. I know that there was one that you had been trying for a very long time. I'm still 100% sure you'll pick one up before I will though.

moparstuart

Quote from: hemi68charger on January 02, 2009, 08:12:08 AM
Well, I knew it would happen again, bad timing.... The Daytona I've been pursuing for about a year has finally found a buyer and it isn't me...... I just didn't have enough time and dinero all at once to get the '68 Hemi of mine further along to sell for the price I needed.   :brickwall:

Oh well, they'll be others and I'll keep pushin' along with the '68..  Always so close, yet so far........

I know, I know...... What do I have to whine about? I still have my '68.................

Troy
sorry man , keep up the good work , you will get one

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

hemi68charger

Quote from: 69_500 on January 02, 2009, 08:56:00 AM
Sorry to hear that Troy. I know that there was one that you had been trying for a very long time. I'm still 100% sure you'll pick one up before I will though.

Danny, I'm looking forward to the day you and I can park one next to the other.....

Quote from: moparstuart on January 02, 2009, 09:24:21 AM
Quote from: hemi68charger on January 02, 2009, 08:12:08 AM

Troy
sorry man , keep up the good work , you will get one

Thanks.. The owner of the R4 was very kind in keeping me up-to-date and rooting for me to get it..... But ya gotta do whatcha gotta do.......
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

hemigeno

Troy,

That's a bummer to hear.  If there is a silver lining to all this, perhaps it is that you'll be able to get your '68 just that much closer to completion.  THEN comes the decision of whether to keep it or sell/trade for a wing car.  I know what your preferences still are at the moment, but ya' never know... :scratchchin:

Beep Beep Dave

What was the car you were after?

A good friend told me that there will always be other cars and hopefully there will be for you.

With far less than 500 units left I would think demand will always be strong for these cars. Lots of guys (like me) waiting for the stars to align to get a shot at one too.

Whats the saying "never look back....."?

Good luck with the hunt!

Dave

'69-1/2 SIXPACK/SIXBBL REGISTRY On-Line Registry for the Lift Off Hood cars!!!
Maple Leaf Mopars your Canadian Mopar site.

1970 Charger R/T

WingCharger

Oh well. Hope you get a Daytona soon! :2thumbs: :coolgleamA: :cheers:

BigBlockSam

QuoteAlways so close, yet so far........

:rotz: sucks, i've been chasing my bird for a long time , always a dollor short .

if the market keeps coming down the way it is. maybe you'll have all three cars in the future ,  :2thumbs:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

hemi68charger

Quote from: Beep Beep Dave on January 02, 2009, 11:12:27 AM
What was the car you were after?

Dave

A R4 440 auto Daytona project (pretty darn complete and ready to drive)
Troy

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

hemi68charger

Troy

BigBlockSam

QuoteTime to clone Dana!   yesnod   icon_smile_big

leave Dana alone
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Ghoste

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Ghoste

I know, I'm ribbing him a bit.  I'm just one of those fringe dwelling freaks who thinks the 500 is preferable to the Daytona.
(it's all in jest) :icon_smile_big: (except the part about me liking 500's better  ;))