News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Motor mounts

Started by terrible one, January 05, 2009, 12:30:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

terrible one

Okay, I'm getting ready to put my motor in. Right now, I have nothing between the k-frame and the block. Is the mount shown below the only thing I need?

Belgium R/T -68

That's the rubbermount attached to the K-frame, you need the part connecting the rubber with the block. Left and right are different.
Charger -68 R/T 500 cui Stroker

firefighter3931

:iagree: Those are the rubber motor mounts....you still need the engine brackets :

http://www.440source.com/enginesupportbrackets.htm

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

terrible one

Thanks guys, I called 440source just in time and had them add the brackets to my order.  :2thumbs:

firefighter3931

Quote from: terrible one on January 05, 2009, 04:29:10 PM

Thanks guys, I called 440source just in time and had them add the brackets to my order.  :2thumbs:

When you get the brackets and motor mounts here's a quick and easy mod to make them bulletproof :

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,13216.0.html

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Runner

ive had a hard time with the last couple of engine swaps ive done with header clearance with the steering box.  the funny thing is, one of the swaps was headers ive used on another car with out issue and the last one was the same brand-part # that i had absolutely no issues at all with in another car.  ive been putting new motor mounts on  the engines.  one of the brackets i got for this last one had an old factory mount still on it.  turns out it was a fair bit thicker. when i shim the new mount just a tad all the clearance problems go away, and all it took was like .125 shim.   so let me add this question, are all the new mounts shorter, or is my parts house giving me the wrong mount?

71 roadrunner 452 e heads  11.35@119 mph owned sence 1984
72 panther pink satellite sebring plus 383 727
68 satellite 383 4 speed  13.80 @ 102 mph  my daily driver
69 superbee clone 440    daughters car
72 dodge dart swinger slant six

GreenMachine

Quote from: Runner on January 05, 2009, 06:39:38 PM
ive had a hard time with the last couple of engine swaps ive done with header clearance with the steering box.  the funny thing is, one of the swaps was headers ive used on another car with out issue and the last one was the same brand-part # that i had absolutely no issues at all with in another car.  ive been putting new motor mounts on  the engines.  one of the brackets i got for this last one had an old factory mount still on it.  turns out it was a fair bit thicker. when i shim the new mount just a tad all the clearance problems go away, and all it took was like .125 shim.   so let me add this question, are all the new mounts shorter, or is my parts house giving me the wrong mount?

Interesting, I have problems with my TTI headers interfering with my Pitman and Idler arms in my '70. I have some shims laying around that came from a set of mounts I bought on Ebay. It didn't dawn on me until now to try them out and see if they fix the problem.
If it ain't broke, fix it 'till it is.

terrible one

Quote from: firefighter3931 on January 05, 2009, 04:40:06 PM
Quote from: terrible one on January 05, 2009, 04:29:10 PM

When you get the brackets and motor mounts here's a quick and easy mod to make them bulletproof :

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,13216.0.html

Ron

Ooh I've had that one bookmarked for a long time! I plan to follow your lead on that one buddy!  :2thumbs:

terrible one

Quote from: Runner on January 05, 2009, 06:39:38 PM

Wow thanks for bringing that up! I sure would be interested in knowing about that when I get my new mounts. I'll definitely measure them so maybe we can compare?

Runner

i was going to go take a picture of an old mount with "made in the usa" stamped on it next to a new one to show the difference however all i can find is old ones laying around. i know i have a new one somewhere  just cant seem to locate it.   before i put the motor in my wife's pink car i had an old and new one and there was a very noticeable differance in mounting height between the 2.     

71 roadrunner 452 e heads  11.35@119 mph owned sence 1984
72 panther pink satellite sebring plus 383 727
68 satellite 383 4 speed  13.80 @ 102 mph  my daily driver
69 superbee clone 440    daughters car
72 dodge dart swinger slant six

rrob

Quote from: Runner on January 05, 2009, 09:12:33 PM
i was going to go take a picture of an old mount with "made in the usa" stamped on it next to a new one to show the difference however all i can find is old ones laying around. i know i have a new one somewhere  just cant seem to locate it.   before i put the motor in my wife's pink car i had an old and new one and there was a very noticeable differance in mounting height between the 2.     
Just wondering if you got around to comparing the old and new, what is the difference in height?
69 charger, 440, automatic