News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

74 charger trim piece removal

Started by rudyjrusa, May 26, 2008, 09:45:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rudyjrusa

how do you get this piece off??  it is not a screw or nut.  how do i take this off??  any suggestions would help.  i would like to paint this piece and put it back.. once i take off piece - can i put it back with same metal piece??  thanks

Nacho-RT74

is that the B pillar area right ?... I see a phillips screw there. Some worn but definitelly a screw.

On Parts catalog that piece looks attached with screws too. I think they are 3.

HOWEVER also see a rivet... if so, probably somebody attached that with rivets in the past, so would it need a drill to cut the rivet.

I never have seen an SE personally, just compairting with the Parts catalog, so REALLY dunno where must be loosen
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Charger1973

Those rivets are easy to break.  There is no re-using it.  If you dont want to drill it just slip a flathead screwdriver under it and it will pop apart.  (Be careful not to damage your parts, and only put the screwdriver under the rivet NOT the part).

rudyjrusa

Quote from: Charger1973 on May 26, 2008, 10:52:03 AM
Those rivets are easy to break.  There is no re-using it.  If you dont want to drill it just slip a flathead screwdriver under it and it will pop apart.  (Be careful not to damage your parts, and only put the screwdriver under the rivet NOT the part).

thanks - i will try it tomorrow. 

chgr500

Take a punch and knock the centre stem of the rivet out...it'lll make it much easier..