News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Moparstuart's Daytona clone project

Started by moparstuart, January 06, 2009, 01:54:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BB1

Ahh my eyes.... mmmm that's better.
Delete my profile

moparstuart

Quote from: BB1 on January 07, 2009, 10:45:30 AM
I watched that show with AJ hot import nights on tuesday nights . Hate the cars LOL
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

billssuperbird

sound5262

was that flat/wide speaker in the garage a dahlquist dq-10? had to ask. i sell stereo equipment.

moparstuart

Quote from: sound5262 on January 07, 2009, 03:49:55 PM
was that flat/wide speaker in the garage a dahlquist dq-10? had to ask. i sell stereo equipment.
No idea I never met the guy just got the pictures when i bought the car .  I purchased the car from Moparhound (lonnie ) my buddy here on the board. He purchased it from old cuda ken.  Lonnie had it for about a year before he sold it to me .

Troy

That blue 68 in the car show pictures belongs to 41husk. I've been in that garage several times and ridden in the Roadrunner. All the stereo equipment was very nice but I can't remember all the brand names (I can probably find out though). I could bring the old "3 Chargers in one shop" thread back but it loses some of it's appeal without the pictures (I don't have those since i only have database backups).

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

nascarxx29

Interesting.as your mention of this
Moparstuart's Daytona clone project
« on: Yesterday at 12:54:44 PM » Quote 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have been working on this car almost two years now .  Not made a ton of progress but it is progressing slowly .  Collecting parts here and there as i can .  Buying the car and building the motor and installing it set me back cash wise . The slow economy has not helped either .  Cuda ken was going to make a daytona out of it before he got frustrated with janak and his slow production procedures.  He did at least put fenders and had the wing setting on it at one point .

And I see this today about another wingcar parts supplier

http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=4925932&an=0&page=3#Post4925932

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)  1969daytona500

Reged: Jan 05 2009
Loc: Pennsylvania   Dayclona
      #4925932 - Mon Jan 05 2009 08:43 PM   Edit     Reply     Quote     Quick Reply   

Is Dayclona still in business? I sent a significant deposit to Mike the beginning of September, 2008. I have requested that he call and update me on progress,to no avail lately. Dayclona business phone is disconnected currently, and he is not responding to various e-mails. Does anyone know Mike well enough to get him to contact me? Or is this just Mike's standard operating proceedure for business? Any HELP is greatly appreciated. Thanks, Dave.

1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

moparstuart

I know larry  Hotrod was buying a ton of stuff from him back when he was working on his clone ?

hotrod98

Mike has been involved with a major project for someone and has been extremely busy. Multiple cars I beleive.
I talked to him by e-mail just a few days ago. He plans to get started making more parts very soon. He's making a few more parts for me when he does so.
He follows the board pretty closely so I'll bet you hear from him soon. Mike has always been a man of his word.

If you're calling the old number, I'm pretty sure that number was disconnected when he and Gary went their seperate ways.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

sound5262

janak is making the rest of my clone kit and has imformed me that he is ahead of schedule. instead of sometime in march he sad that he should be finishing up w/the kit late this month. he told me he was going tobe very busy w/his construction job since texas got hit w/the hurricane. just a point of interest. i'll send pics as soon as they get here to see what you think.

hotrod98

We were down in Janak's neighborhood this last weekend and I was surprised at how much damage they got all of the way up in Spring. Spring's about 80 miles from the coast.
He'll probably be pretty busy.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

nascarxx29

I spent sometime living in TX met Ted and Carol and sold him cars and parts in the 80-s.He worked out of his home garage and backyard .I visited him in Spring..Where now hes got a building and his Son Grant is also involved in the parts
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

moparstuart

:drool5:   I guess the super charger was too much for the 440 and for the center of one of the cragers

Lonnie bought it less the motor , and I bought it from lonnie with a HP cop car motor we rebuilt and installed .

moparstuart

lonnie had it for a year and decided it was the time for a new owner . Here is the day I first went and looked at it .

moparstuart

:drool5:

moparstuart

:popcrn:  The HP cop car motor I bought from lonnie with the charger    remember how nasty it looks cause it wont for long  :smilielol:

moparstuart

:drool5:  The second 440 is a mobile home motor of mine that has 43k on it and i robbed brackets and other stuff off of. It's a 73 cast crank motor and I almost used it in the car when we got the HP motor apart.

moparstuart

moparstuart

:popcrn:   pick up the car day

moparstuart

:drool5:  It had one wheel cylinder completely rusted up , so it wouldnt roll we had to drag it everywhere

moparstuart

moparstuart

Arizona Dave

Quote from: moparstuart on January 06, 2009, 02:10:47 PM
Then he restored it red as an R/T  clone instead.  Now i'm making it into a daytona again .

You look really frikin' happy smokin' the hides there.  That's awesome - good for u man.   :icon_smile_big:
High Speed & Low Drag, Baby!
Look me up when you're in AZ.
Arizona Dave

Arizona Dave

Quote from: BB1 on January 07, 2009, 10:45:30 AM
Now if only grandma & her friends would wear Nopi bikinis when they hang out at my pool... a guy can dream.   :yesnod:
High Speed & Low Drag, Baby!
Look me up when you're in AZ.
Arizona Dave

Bluestar

Quote from: hotrod98 on January 07, 2009, 06:41:42 PM
Mike has been involved with a major project for someone and has been extremely busy. Multiple cars I beleive.
I talked to him by e-mail just a few days ago. He plans to get started making more parts very soon. He's making a few more parts for me when he does so.
He follows the board pretty closely so I'll bet you hear from him soon. Mike has always been a man of his word.

If you're calling the old number, I'm pretty sure that number was disconnected when he and Gary went their seperate ways.

Dayclona is advertising a new address in Taunton, MA which is where I live.  I've been meaning to drive by that address and see what kind of set up he has.  I've seen the Dayclona cars at a couple cruises over the past summer as well.

If you don't hear from him soon, I could swing by the address and see what he is up to for you.