News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Moparstuart's Daytona clone project

Started by moparstuart, January 06, 2009, 01:54:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Nwcharger

:'(   Hopefully you get another. I can't seem to let my mopars go. But once my Daytona gets here I'm sure ill have to let a couple go. So did ya send that nose cone to me yet?  :smilielol: just kidding.
1969 coronet wagon

cdr

LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

ACUDANUT

Thanks for giving us a chance to buy it before it go's overseas. :brickwall:

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: ACUDANUT on April 20, 2013, 08:28:22 PM

He's had it for sale here for about two years if I remember correctly.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

petercharger

It's tough letting something go but then some cash back is always good...something new always pops back up and with the money in hand it's time to buy again :cheers: :pity:
best way to get a hold of me is brushcollege@msn.com...thanks

moparstuart

Quote from: 1HotDaytona on April 20, 2013, 08:45:34 PM
Quote from: ACUDANUT on April 20, 2013, 08:28:22 PM

He's had it for sale here for about two years if I remember correctly.
three years actually ever since i had my heart attack  :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:

i m keeping all the daytona parts in hopes of someday getting another car but no plans to buy another car anytime soon lots of thing to do on the current cars and no time

Mopar John

Stuart,
A health scare like a heart attack will change all of your plans just that quick!
I am sure you have gone over everything in your head many times and made
adjustments. To see the Chargers go I'm sure is a sad moment but if they go
to a good home and get finished will bring you some joy! When I turned 50 I
spent some time trying to figure out what I would actually get done with my
remaining GOOD years? With Linda's encouragement I quit parting out cars
and going to as many swap meets and focused on getting the wing cars done!
We are about half way done. I think it's better than having them set and never
getting finished. Enjoy the BIRDABLE and what ever else you decide to do!
Mopar John

moparstuart

Quote from: Mopar John on April 23, 2013, 10:54:47 AM
Stuart,
A health scare like a heart attack will change all of your plans just that quick!
I am sure you have gone over everything in your head many times and made
adjustments. To see the Chargers go I'm sure is a sad moment but if they go
to a good home and get finished will bring you some joy! When I turned 50 I
spent some time trying to figure out what I would actually get done with my
remaining GOOD years? With Linda's encouragement I quit parting out cars
and going to as many swap meets and focused on getting the wing cars done!
We are about half way done. I think it's better than having them set and never
getting finished. Enjoy the BIRDABLE and what ever else you decide to do!
Mopar John
:2thumbs: thanks John that is the plan   :2thumbs:

moparnico

arrived in germany,yesterday,and stuart the charger start every time when i turn the key

moparnico

Quote from: moparnico on June 12, 2013, 07:16:17 AM
arrived in germany,yesterday,and stuart the charger start every time when i turn the key

JB400

moparstuart

Quote from: moparnico on June 12, 2013, 07:16:17 AM
Great,   it my have an intermittent short somewhere  ,  we couldnt get it to turn over from the key at all before it left as I told you .
I would guess start at the firewall fuse block plug ? but it may need a whole new dash harness all the harnesses under the hood are brand new   ,  but if its starting thats great .    

WINGIN IT

Sounds like the issue I had with my Challenger.
Tore that thing apart, replacing parts right and left, and of course it turned out to be a bad ground on the ECU that was mounted under the glove compartment.  :brickwall:

moparnico

i post some actual pictures in the next days,stuart the steering pump is defect ,it leaks oil
and the body is in bad shape,there are some areas that you didn t tell me,it need a complete,floor panel,the rear wheelhouses are rooted and underside of the rearquarters ,roof is also rotted,the engine smokes oil of the exaustsystem, :icon_smile_angry:,these all are things that you didn t tell me!

moparstuart

Quote from: moparnico on June 13, 2013, 04:07:19 AM
i post some actual pictures in the next days,stuart the steering pump is defect ,it leaks oil
and the body is in bad shape,there are some areas that you didn t tell me,it need a complete,floor panel,the rear wheelhouses are rooted and underside of the rearquarters ,roof is also rotted,the engine smokes oil of the exaustsystem, :icon_smile_angry:,these all are things that you didn t tell me!
I sent you many many pictures , answered hundreds of questions and told you this was a restoration project not a turn key driver like you kept telling me you wanted .
 plus you had complete access to this thead which has photo documentation of every thing i have dont to the car .

As far as the motor I have told you 20 time its brand new fresh and only has 5 hours run time on it just enough run time for first break in and cam break in .   ,  NO MILES On it at all yet . The car still has the break in oil in it .    I sure hope you pre oiled the motor before starting or at the very least oiled the cyinders down .  Hopefully you havent damaged a ring or broken one  ?    I would say it will take at the very least  2000 miles to get the rings to seat  and maybe as many as  5000 with the oils we have today and the detergents they have in them so you will most likely see oil residue on the rear of the car and on the rear bumper for a while .   While we are on the subject of oil be sure and keep plenty of zink in the oil so you dont wipe out that brand new cam  .  

:popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn:

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

ACUDANUT

Well, you get what you paid for.  I claim no sides to either person. How much was it ?

moparstuart

cars in germany and seems to have cleaned up much better then i would have thought without tearing it all apart and freshening it up

moparstuart

moparstuart

moparstuart

moparstuart

moparstuart

moparstuart