News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

superbird Pinewood derby car. Ians cub scout derby is this sunday

Started by moparstuart, January 19, 2009, 01:21:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moparstuart

here is the start of the bird derby car
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

moparstuart

I think my wife made the fender scoops out of modeling clay , but I think they look like lee press on nails   :smilielol: :smilielol:     http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1950025587710766254

lisiecki1

Remember the average response time to a 911 call is over 4 minutes.

The average response time of a 357 magnum is 1400 FPS.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,52527.0.html

WingCharger

HAH! I remember doing that for cub scouts when I was 8. Won first prize one year. :coolgleamA:
The key is to make sure only the rear wheels and the front drivers side touch the track. The front passenger should be off the track by angling the solid axle. :icon_smile_wink:

That looks really cool. Wonder if the wing will do its job. The nose should really help. :icon_smile_big:

lisiecki1

Remember the average response time to a 911 call is over 4 minutes.

The average response time of a 357 magnum is 1400 FPS.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,52527.0.html

moparstuart

gee I cant figure out why but he decided on this color combo , hopefulley the streets wont be bad here sunday and will cruise there in the birdible .

moparstuart

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

69_500

My pine wood derby car when I was 8 was a Daytona. I'll see if I can find it, I know I still have it. Won first place that year. Of course. My dad refused to help though, as he said it was my car so I should do it myself. I used the wing from a model kit, and glued it on the back, and cut the front at an angle as you did to make the nose cone. Added some lead weights to the front of the car and sanded down the wheels to make them smoother. painted the car R4 red have no idea why, JK

moparstuart

Quote from: 69_500 on January 19, 2009, 02:38:06 PM
My pine wood derby car when I was 8 was a Daytona. I'll see if I can find it, I know I still have it. Won first place that year. Of course. My dad refused to help though, as he said it was my car so I should do it myself. I used the wing from a model kit, and glued it on the back, and cut the front at an angle as you did to make the nose cone. Added some lead weights to the front of the car and sanded down the wheels to make them smoother. painted the car R4 red have no idea why, JK
There is a ton of competition in our troop we have like 150 kids . We always win paint and design awards. But i have problems getting the wheels set up right ,friction is the enemy LOL

nh_mopar_fan

Quote from: moparstuart on January 19, 2009, 02:58:56 PM
There is a ton of competition in our troop we have like 150 kids . We always win paint and design awards. But i have problems getting the wheels set up right ,friction is the enemy LOL

Graphite spray is your friend.  :2thumbs:

moparstuart

Quote from: nh_mopar_fan on January 19, 2009, 03:11:58 PM
Quote from: moparstuart on January 19, 2009, 02:58:56 PM

Graphite spray is your friend.  :2thumbs:
???? it that different then the flake/stuff in a tube? 

hemigeno

Stuart,

Yep, those are fun times.  I went through that with two of my kids a couple years ago.  Here's the thread:

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,22592.0/all.html

My kids' cars looked decent enough, but you could tell the ones where the kids did most of the work and the ones where the parents did it all.  I tried to have my kids do as much as they could (safely, that is).  Jonathan dropped his car at the event, so the alignment just wasn't the same after that.  It also didn't help that he was paired up against one of the Dad's (notice I didn't say "kid") that was really into pinewood cars, so he got smoked in the first round.  Samantha's car did better and she made it into the fourth round before being knocked out.  We didn't use enough graphite spray, I'm sure.

moparstuart

Quote from: hemigeno on January 20, 2009, 12:54:16 PM
Stuart,

Yep, those are fun times.  I went through that with two of my kids a couple years ago.  Here's the thread:

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,22592.0/all.html

My kids' cars looked decent enough, but you could tell the ones where the kids did most of the work and the ones where the parents did it all.  I tried to have my kids do as much as they could (safely, that is).  Jonathan dropped his car at the event, so the alignment just wasn't the same after that.  It also didn't help that he was paired up against one of the Dad's (notice I didn't say "kid") that was really into pinewood cars, so he got smoked in the first round.  Samantha's car did better and she made it into the fourth round before being knocked out.  We didn't use enough graphite spray, I'm sure.
very cool

Charger-Bodie

I also had a superbird pinewood derby car back in the day....I wish I had it still or atleast pictures but I dont (my Mom may though)

Mine was shapes Primes and shot with lacquer the same color as a yellow TR7 (customer at My Dads shop)That my Dad was working on at that time. It was cool and I went to the Championships with and lost the race part , But It did win the show part!
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

moparstuart

much progress has been made , I should have picture up tonight

moparstuart

moparstuart

:drool5:

moparstuart

:drool5:  see the fancy paint booth

moparstuart

:popcrn: gets some color

moparstuart

:yesnod:

moparstuart

:drool5:

moparstuart

moparstuart

:popcrn:

moparstuart

moparstuart

moparstuart

:pity:

moparstuart

moparstuart

:drool5: ian and his car just before we went to weigh in this morning , they then conficated it and we race tomorrow

moparstuart

71ChallengeHer

moparstuart

thanks not too bad for only a week , we know about it for a year and it seems we are always doing it at the last minute . LIFE  :smilielol:

General_01

1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

69_500

Should do pretty well with the majority of those weights up towards the front. And if it gets up to say 150 mph then the wing might kick in for a little stability.  :smilielol: