News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Does anyone have a Superbird wing for sale? Original or nice repro.

Started by hotrod98, March 20, 2009, 07:18:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: oldcarnut on March 21, 2009, 11:04:25 AM
I think your right about the chrome wheels but I mostly saw the emblems on Fords with the 15's.  These are 15 X 8's on my 69 with spinners that they didn't come with.

I like the spinners on your Magnum 500's.

I'd like to put a set of those on my Daytona clone.

Any trouble getting to the lug nuts with a lug wrench with the spinners on?

I had a guy tell me this was a problem with the spinners.

He was selling Mag 500's and spinners and warned me of this.

Are those 15X8's on the front of your car? If so, what's the backspacing?

:cheers:

oldcarnut

Thanks. It can be a little tricky.  I sorta split the difference as best I can with the spinners arms to the lug nuts.   I either will use a socket with a small dia extension or a lug wrench similar.  I also have the spinners just tight enough to hold firm but where with a little force can rotate by hand just enough if things are tight.  Other than that I haven't had any problems.  I'll have to check the back space for ya.  I picked up the spinners at the Autofair but the rims came with the car when I got it way back but they are 15 X 8 repops.  :cheers: back at ya.

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: oldcarnut on March 21, 2009, 11:42:23 PM
Thanks. It can be a little tricky.  I sorta split the difference as best I can with the spinners arms to the lug nuts.   I either will use a socket with a small dia extension or a lug wrench similar.  I also have the spinners just tight enough to hold firm but where with a little force can rotate by hand just enough if things are tight.  Other than that I haven't had any problems.  I'll have to check the back space for ya.  I picked up the spinners at the Autofair but the rims came with the car when I got it way back but they are 15 X 8 repops.  :cheers: back at ya.

Good info on the spinners :2thumbs:

I've heard of some guys having interference problems with the upper control arm/ upper ball joint area with 15X8's on the fronts of 68-70 B-bodies.

I'll be buying my wheels in the next few months, and would like to go 15x8's all around.

Info from guys like you who have them on their cars will really help me choose the right wheels. :2thumbs:

mopar_nut_440_6

Quote from: BigBlockSam on March 20, 2009, 11:32:39 PM
QuoteWasnt this guy making wings

i believe that's Don Currie .

QuoteHe has been on a roll all week!  lol

i've seen this before .  :yesnod: :scratchchin:

Spring fever .  :musik010:  when your young it drives you nuts and gets you horny . when you get older it just drives ya nuts .   :D

i'm feeling kinda nutty too  :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :faint:

I had my shop doors open today too and blew my shop out and blew all seams and holes for an hour trying to get all of the media blasting sand and dust out of my car as I will be priming soon. My reality is a little different than yours so I thought I would share. This is looking out my second shop! It was 28 below last week!

Cheers,

James
1968 Charger R/T 440 
2004 Dodge Ram 2500 680 HP Cummins with attitude

hotrod98

I guess home is where the heart is. The south isn't perfect by any means. Gets extremely hot here for a few weeks a year. But it's only extrmely cold (20 degrees or lower) for just a few weeks as well. So I guess it all equals out. We did get almost two inches of snow here this year. Was gone the next day though.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams