News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Holley carb whistling................UPDATE 11-12** FIXED

Started by Charger4404spd, November 04, 2005, 05:41:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Runner

cool!   i have the same type heat disapater system as you and id guess thats why mines doing it as well.

71 roadrunner 452 e heads  11.35@119 mph owned sence 1984
72 panther pink satellite sebring plus 383 727
68 satellite 383 4 speed  13.80 @ 102 mph  my daily driver
69 superbee clone 440    daughters car
72 dodge dart swinger slant six

Charger4404spd

Probably so. Heres the Moroso spacer I installed. Part #64943.

Runner

thanks charger. i ordered a wilson tapered spacer last week already though.  mine only does it when i just barly crack the throttle.

71 roadrunner 452 e heads  11.35@119 mph owned sence 1984
72 panther pink satellite sebring plus 383 727
68 satellite 383 4 speed  13.80 @ 102 mph  my daily driver
69 superbee clone 440    daughters car
72 dodge dart swinger slant six

cudaken

I told you that was the problem, I think ;D Glad it taken care of.

Cuda Ken
I am back

Just 6T9 CHGR

My Holley doesnt do that and I dont run a spacer ???

How does your aircleaner fit now?
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Ghoste

There are a lot of things that can affect it besides a spacer.  In my opinion, the multiple gasket, aluminum insulator bit was the mitigating factor here.  Too many rough surfaces for the air to start jumping over.  I could be totally wrong but that's the part that made me suggest a one piece spacer.

Charger4404spd

It hits the hood insulation pad a little more, but it works. You using a stock intake Chris? I will get the number off of mine tomorrow and we will compare. Its either run the spacer or get an aftermarket intake. So I chose the spacer because I want to keep it stock looking as possible.

Blown70

Quote from: Charger4404spd on November 13, 2005, 08:24:25 PM
It hits the hood insulation pad a little more, but it works. You using a stock intake Chris? I will get the number off of mine tomorrow and we will compare. Its either run the spacer or get an aftermarket intake. So I chose the spacer because I want to keep it stock looking as possible.

Or you could get this other hood I have and shove something through it.... :icon_smile_cool: :devil:

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: Charger4404spd on November 13, 2005, 08:24:25 PM
Its an Edelbrock CH4B which is the aluminim replacement for the cast iron Mopar piece......my air cleaner hits the molded pad I have.  The pad is so coarse that it is grinding down the pie tin......I actually bought a "show tin" for shows because it looks so bad    :(
Chris' '69 Charger R/T