News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Gibson restored Daytona - sold 195k

Started by Aero426, February 02, 2009, 11:27:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WINGR

Thanks Doug, I am quite fond of my 500 as well. Despite the fact that they were superceded by the Daytona, I truly think they are awesome and for sure command respect.

WINGR/Steve

nascarxx29

Dougs place had both of those daytonas the X happy days car .And the Adam 12 hemi daytona.Guess the hemi daytona hasnt sold yet
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

pettybird

Quote from: nascarxx29 on February 04, 2009, 11:24:54 PM
Dougs place had both of those daytonas the X happy days car .And the Adam 12 hemi daytona.Guess the hemi daytona hasnt sold yet

he doesn't want to sell it yet, coupled with no one strapping on a pair and making a serious offer.  I don't know if we've ever had any traffic on the car by anyone with the means to purchase it.  it's all right, though--it doesn't bother me to look at it 5 days a week ;)

hemi68charger

Quote from: pettybird on February 04, 2009, 11:48:52 PM

he doesn't want to sell it yet, coupled with no one strapping on a pair and making a serious offer.  I don't know if we've ever had any traffic on the car by anyone with the means to purchase it.  it's all right, though--it doesn't bother me to look at it 5 days a week ;)

Guess not when in this day in age he raises the price of the car... If it were me, I wouldn't want to sell either.... This is a car with a case of the "if you wanna buy, I want this"......  Lookin' pretty crowded in there..  Doesn't look like he'd have room for my '68 even if he wanted it....  ;D

Doug, is that you in the distance tuning up that Hemi?  :cheers:
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

moparstuart

Quote from: hemi68charger on February 05, 2009, 06:37:49 AM

Guess not when in this day in age he raises the price of the car... If it were me, I wouldn't want to sell either.... This is a car with a case of the "if you wanna buy, I want this"......  Lookin' pretty crowded in there..  Doesn't look like he'd have room for my '68 even if he wanted it....  ;D

no doug looks like more of a dummy   :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

pettybird

Quote from: moparstuart on February 05, 2009, 10:20:40 AM

ha i'm not sure if that's a compliment or a slam! 

we have two of those stupid dummies in the showroom and when I'm here late at night they scare the willies out of me when I catch a glimpse of them...

we're moving approx. Apr 1 to a new building with nearly 4 times the floor space so everything can come together.  we'll have more than 100 cars laid out.  it'll be awesome.

moparstuart

Quote from: pettybird on February 05, 2009, 01:12:21 PM

we have two of those stupid dummies in the showroom and when I'm here late at night they scare the willies out of me when I catch a glimpse of them...

we're moving approx. Apr 1 to a new building with nearly 4 times the floor space so everything can come together.  we'll have more than 100 cars laid out.  it'll be awesome.
:smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

hemi68charger

Quote from: pettybird on February 05, 2009, 01:12:21 PM

That'll make for a great venue for the company Christmas party............
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

70Sbird

Not to turn this thread away from Dougy and Best of Show, and I usually don't like nit-pickers on cars that don't belong to them, but here goes anyway.
This is a beautiful Daytona, that looks to hava a decent professional lookin restoration on it, wats up with the yellow power steering cap? it looks like the one on a 2002 jeep I just checked last week!
:eek2:

Scott Faulkner