News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Best places for speakers?

Started by oldschool_muscle, December 06, 2005, 02:27:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldschool_muscle

Where are the best places to fit some new speakers on a 73' Charger? Right now all i have is  a pair of 6x9's which are real nice but i need more sound. The Dash speaker had to be taken out because i needed to custom fit a place for a CD deck and the speaker was getting in the way. So if anybody has any suggestions that would be great.

- Tim
- Tim
1973 Charger

monty76

I have a set of 6" round speakers in the kick panel. extra kick panels are easy to come by if you don't like them there. I've seen some in the door, beneath the window crank. If you go witht the kick panles be sure to check the position so the sheet metal won't interfear with the speaker. The park brake will just barely slide past the grill.

oldschool_muscle

That sounds pretty good. Im probably gonna do that soon after i get the speakers. Il post pics after im done.
- Tim
1973 Charger

Chryco Psycho

you can built small bowes for the speaker to sit at an angle in the front corner of the kick panels & not cut the panels or you can mount 2 smaller speakers in the center speaker raea in the dash , they have some killer sounding 3-4" speakers

sandmbmx88

if you have 6x9's in the rear dash area try putting 4 small tweeters on all four corners by the headliner to give nice high range(or atleast 2 at the tops of the a pilars.) then if you can put 4x4's under your dash facing down and towards you it should sound great and you wont even notice anything. kick panels or doors would be a much better place for the 4x4's but some people arent willing to do that.

Nacho-RT74

I'll try to install 4 4x10 speakers hidden down the buckets, 2 toward to front one on each bucket and 2 to rear...

still don't know if will fits but I'll try
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html