News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Dash,, Flat or Gloss?

Started by Moparbob, March 22, 2009, 12:03:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moparbob

Sup Peeps,

Putting a new dash pad on my 73 charger and have the entire dash out,, I want to re paint it should it be gloss or flat? (Its black)

Thanks!
Bob Norris
www.moparbob.com

God Bless America.

4aThrill

how about Satin, if you do gloss think about the glare your gonna get from that area you don't want it to be to shiny  :coolgleamA: but that's just my  :Twocents: 

Moparbob

Quote from: 4aThrill on March 22, 2009, 01:32:37 PM
how about Satin, if you do gloss think about the glare your gonna get from that area you don't want it to be to shiny  :coolgleamA: but that's just my  :Twocents: 

Are you a democrat?  :rofl: Do you know what they were originally?
Bob Norris
www.moparbob.com

God Bless America.

4aThrill

not really,  :lol: and I don't know the factory color for it either

Moparbob

Quote from: 4aThrill on March 22, 2009, 01:37:26 PM
not really,  :lol: and I don't know the factory color for it either

Its black looks kinda flat.
Bob Norris
www.moparbob.com

God Bless America.

Beer

I went Satin

May do a Ralley dash or I may add the Charger Specialities "Tach" to my existing Dash just to be different.
Undecided on the "Dash Cap" I may spend the $ for a new Repo Cap.
1973 Dodge Charger 402 Stroker Smallblock 414 HP/ 466 ft/lbs torque,  8 3/4" 3.91 Suregrip rear w/ DR. Diff disk brake conversion, CalTracs single leaf and Rear Suspension, VFN Bulge Hood, Running, needs interior completed, Had to give to Ex-Wife in divorce 2017...

Drop Top

If your looking for oraginal. Flat is what it was. Any kind of sheen to it what so ever will reflect back into the windshield. I have painted the lower area gloss for a non oraginal look and looks good. But I always go with flat like oraginal on the top part.

Moparbob

Thanks!

Is that a cap or pad Beer? I went with a new pad. Your dash looks great!

Bob Norris
www.moparbob.com

God Bless America.