News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Oldcarnut's Superbird Clone

Started by oldcarnut, February 14, 2009, 12:11:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Moparz

Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

oldcarnut

Got my glove box pieces back tonight.  Had a friend that services some of our equipment at the plant that was able to get Richard Petty's autograph on them for me.  Dennis brought them to plant this evening for me and it made my night :yesnod: Been stoked up about since he said he might could get it done for me so if you ever read this Dennis a big thanks to ya  :cheers:
Started readying my engine build after getting most of the parts in and machine work done. http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,74470.0.html  Hadn't really had much time to get anything else done on the car for awhile and watching some of ya'll make the progress your getting done just helps me get motivated.  I'm going to experiment on another piece of steel with the clear coating an autograph before I do this one like I did the gauge panel.  I'd go nuts if I made Petty's autograph deteriorate from it.

DonC1

oldcarnut

Hi all, it's been a while since I posted any updates and the reason is there hasn't really been much progress other than the dash. Engine parts delivered but its all been just sitting on the shelf for months.  My mother got sick in Dec and then weak very quickly over several months starting from March and eventually it was all my dad could do to take care of her so we helped where we were able. She had to be hospitalised a few weeks ago then was finally diagnosed with Leukemia and too weak to get better. We took her home to spend her last days where on June 2nd she passed away.  Although it was hard to see her in that way, I'm glad I was present when she took her last breath  :'(.   June 3rd would have been her 76th birthday.  On top of that my dad got a call the next day that his sister 90yrs old had passed on also--a double whammy.  I just let most of the car things drop the past months during that time frame to take care of more important stuff.
I was wondering if anyone lived in the Columbus, OH 43213 area?  I bought a Coronet fender from a guy on Ebay who said he was coming on vacation nearby me in SC and if I could wait a month or so he would bring it too me in Feb.  100% feedback, conversation, an address and a phone number I thought it wouldn't be a big deal and would save some bucks on shipping so I paid him. In April I told him I needed to get it here and he said he would get shipping costs for me.  That's the last responce I've been able to get from him.  With the issues at home going on, time went by quick and I just didn't keep up with it like I should have.  I don't want to feel like I got taken but the no responces have got me antsy. Ebay said it's too far back for them to do anything.  Told me to write IC3.gov for help with it but I really want the fender instead.  He owns a body shop and a 70 Superbee or RT.  I thought he restored cars there too but not sure.  Anyway if someone lives in that area nearby that wouldn't mine just driving by and checking the address out for me I'd appreciate it.  Send me a pm.  I may have some friends up the street that have visitors from Ohio that would bring it but if not I may have to pay someone to pick it and ship it to me.  Thanks, David

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

tan top

oh noo sorry to hear about your mom
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

oldcarnut

Thanks Guys!
I'm really wanting to get back to working the Bird soon.  I've seen the other folks just making so much progress on theirs in a short time frame.

mpdlawdog

Quote from: oldcarnut on June 05, 2011, 10:21:59 PM
Hi all, it's been a while since I posted any updates and the reason is there hasn't really been much progress other than the dash. Engine parts delivered but its all been just sitting on the shelf for months.  My mother got sick in Dec and then weak very quickly over several months starting from March and eventually it was all my dad could do to take care of her so we helped where we were able. She had to be hospitalised a few weeks ago then was finally diagnosed with Leukemia and too weak to get better. We took her home to spend her last days where on June 2nd she passed away.  Although it was hard to see her in that way, I'm glad I was present when she took her last breath  :'(.   June 3rd would have been her 76th birthday.  On top of that my dad got a call the next day that his sister 90yrs old had passed on also--a double whammy.  I just let most of the car things drop the past months during that time frame to take care of more important stuff.
I was wondering if anyone lived in the Columbus, OH 43213 area?  I bought a Coronet fender from a guy on Ebay who said he was coming on vacation nearby me in SC and if I could wait a month or so he would bring it too me in Feb.  100% feedback, conversation, an address and a phone number I thought it wouldn't be a big deal and would save some bucks on shipping so I paid him. In April I told him I needed to get it here and he said he would get shipping costs for me.  That's the last responce I've been able to get from him.  With the issues at home going on, time went by quick and I just didn't keep up with it like I should have.  I don't want to feel like I got taken but the no responces have got me antsy. Ebay said it's too far back for them to do anything.  Told me to write IC3.gov for help with it but I really want the fender instead.  He owns a body shop and a 70 Superbee or RT.  I thought he restored cars there too but not sure.  Anyway if someone lives in that area nearby that wouldn't mine just driving by and checking the address out for me I'd appreciate it.  Send me a pm.  I may have some friends up the street that have visitors from Ohio that would bring it but if not I may have to pay someone to pick it and ship it to me.  Thanks, David
whats his information...I live in marysville ohio which is just north of columbus...I have alot of mopar friends...we might be able to track them down..sorry about your mom also...
"Life is Tough...It's even tougher when you are stupid"  -John Wayne-

randr

My mother and step father were murdered a couple years ago...i was restoring my challenger at the time and thank god i had that to fill my spare time. so sorry about your loss!
I'm Bored! what to do next......

moparstuart

Quote from: randr on June 06, 2011, 06:16:02 PM
My mother and step father were murdered a couple years ago...i was restoring my challenger at the time and thank god i had that to fill my spare time. so sorry about your loss!
wow so sorry to hear that  :rotz:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

oldcarnut

whats his information...I live in marysville ohio which is just north of columbus...I have alot of mopar friends...we might be able to track them down..sorry about your mom also...
[/quote]
Sent ya a pm
Quote from: randr on June 06, 2011, 06:16:02 PM
I'm also sorry to hear you had to go through that.  I have a cousin in England that was just murdered a couple months ago and my Aunt and her family are going through a hard time with it.

randr

thanks. My point was keep working on the project when you can. :)
I'm Bored! what to do next......

oldcarnut

Quote from: mpdlawdog on June 06, 2011, 12:15:21 PM
I got a responce back. Sounds like he has got a lot of stuff going on too and short on time. "the fender is at a business address although I'm not using it except for storage. 112 E. main st. hebron ohio 43025. I would need a couple days notice to meet someone there. thx bill"
Is that address close local to anyone here? Marysville I think is over an hour one way and that's too much to inconvenience anyone that much.  I'm going to have to arrange some shipping to pick it up but it might be easier if I could get somebody local closer that had room to pick it up that I could trust and be able to stay in contact with better for arrangements.  If not I'll just contact a shipper  and see what I can work out with him.   Also anyone got any recommendations who to ship it with.  I took a fender to the UPS place for an estimate to that address and they wanted something like $200 to ship  :eek2:.  I have some local freight lines I'm going to call.  Thanks, David

mpdlawdog

Quote from: oldcarnut on June 12, 2011, 03:19:18 PM
Quote from: mpdlawdog on June 06, 2011, 12:15:21 PM
I got a responce back. Sounds like he has got a lot of stuff going on too and short on time. "the fender is at a business address although I'm not using it except for storage. 112 E. main st. hebron ohio 43025. I would need a couple days notice to meet someone there. thx bill"
Is that address close local to anyone here? Marysville I think is over an hour one way and that's too much to inconvenience anyone that much.  I'm going to have to arrange some shipping to pick it up but it might be easier if I could get somebody local closer that had room to pick it up that I could trust and be able to stay in contact with better for arrangements.  If not I'll just contact a shipper  and see what I can work out with him.   Also anyone got any recommendations who to ship it with.  I took a fender to the UPS place for an estimate to that address and they wanted something like $200 to ship  :eek2:.  I have some local freight lines I'm going to call.  Thanks, David

I was just that way yesterday going to my inlaws house..I go 70 to 33 to athens ohio...let me know what you want to work out....I will help you out

oldcarnut

Quote from: mpdlawdog on June 13, 2011, 08:56:14 AM
I was just that way yesterday going to my inlaws house..I go 70 to 33 to athens ohio...let me know what you want to work out....I will help you out

Sent ya pm.  Thanks

THE CHARGER PUNK

Whats with the blue intake? Is that a 72 6 pack manifold?

oldcarnut

That was how I bought it.  Without taking the carbs off to re check I think it was a 69 1/2 alum intake or 70.  Here it is redone after powder coating. I'm going to have to find the correct tranny linkage and cable now so I've been informed as my 383 linkage wont work right.  I made my own fuel log out of stainless.

THE CHARGER PUNK

Oh ok j/w  :D , sorry to hear about the tough time your having my condolences to your family , my uncle passed back in november under similar circumstances , its amazing how quickly it happens . Hope all is well and good luck on the project looks like she"ll be sweet :) -Matt

mpdlawdog

Quote from: oldcarnut on June 14, 2011, 01:41:25 PM
Quote from: mpdlawdog on June 13, 2011, 08:56:14 AM

Sent ya pm.  Thanks
I gave you a call yesterday and left my number....I am leaving for vacation tomorrow...ask the guy if I could pick it up on thursday when I get back...Let me know... Dave

Musicman

Hi Dave

I was off-line for quite a while with this road job and just started getting back to some of the forums and previous threads this month.
I was so sorry to hear of all your recent troubles and losses at home. It's good to see that you are back at it again with the car however, and that the work is once again progressing at your usual highly detailed pace.

Mike

oldcarnut

Gonna finish this year out with a progress update which is basically not much progress since the last no progress  :slap:  Thanks to Dave (mpdlawdog) I did finally got my fender last week  :2thumbs:.  I did make some see through valve covers for the motor when it gets put together.
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,85589.0.html

I am thinking of getting the interior from Legendary while the sale is on and soliciting some opinions.  I have an idea about getting the white bench seat covers and white door panels.  Instead of just solid white, I'm contemplating having them do the accent stripe in as close to the paint blue as possible.  I should be getting samples soon.  Would be like the blk w/silver stripe only white w/blue.  They said they would do it  Its a toss up for the blk or wht headliner but will probably go blk with the carpet.   Anyone seen this done before and how do you think it'll look with the blue accenting?

Most of the time I've either been working weekends or repairing the couple of rentals I have.  One the tenants moved out and trashed it  :flame: which took a while and now in the other he has moved out.  I'm going to try and sell it so I have been getting it all up dated, repaired, and repainted.  After my mother passed , and thanks all for condolences posted, we found out my father has some lung cancer so we try and help him out as much as we can since the chemo and radiation has him weak and tired.  

oldcarnut

Needed some distraction so I came to see where I left off on my last post only to see that I'm burying my father in the morning and still on the same page as when I had to bury my mother 10 months earlier.  Not to get on a lecture stand but suffice enough to offer that if your smoking you will do yourself a favor by quitting if you can.  My dad would be still around had he done so years ago.  It was heart breaking to know that someone as independent as he was, feeling helpless needing almost care for everything his last few months of life.  I made some stands to hold his Military Honors  :patriot: shells for my brothers and sister.  Since I was getting the service flag,  I thought I'd make something for them to go with a flag of their own.  The rental work was completed and now up for sale.  I would have liked to have been able to complete my car for him to see while alive but I guess it just wasn't meant to be with so many obstacles in the way.  You guys are still some inspiration watching how fast they are getting completed.
    I did get my interior shipped and I liked how it turned out. Once the seats are finished at the upholstery shop I'll take some pics of it.  My drink holders got done in this thread. Just worked on it during some slack time at work. http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,88417.0.html  

mpdlawdog

I'm so sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: mpdlawdog on April 07, 2012, 08:28:01 AM
I'm so sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

I couldnt have said it better.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Musicman

Sorry to hear about your Dad there Dave. Both of my parents have moved on as well, so I know where your coming from. Life will be a little different for you now, but life remains... just keep moving forward as you always have. Your on your own now, but it's important to remember that you will never be alone. Mom & Pop live on still, in your heart, your mind, and your spirit. They are part of you know, and will always be there as you carve out your own trail in life.

Take care my friend
Mike