News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

How to remove roof trim/ 3rd gen.

Started by NHCharger, December 13, 2005, 08:26:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NHCharger

71 Charger with a canopy top. I'm trying to remove the back piece of trim. Is there a special technique to remove it? I don't dare bend it and my patience is wearing thin.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

71charger_fan

If I recall correctly it should just pop off of the plastic pieces that, in turn, are hooked onto the little studs on the roof. I had the body shop grind mine smooth and ditch the vinyl. I did, however, drive around for years with no vinyl top but I still had the piece of stainless across the roof trying to decide whether or not to replace the top.

andy74

Quote from: 71charger_fan on December 13, 2005, 08:46:38 PM
If I recall correctly it should just pop off of the plastic pieces that, in turn, are hooked onto the little studs on the roof. I had the body shop grind mine smooth and ditch the vinyl. I did, however, drive around for years with no vinyl top but I still had the piece of stainless across the roof trying to decide whether or not to replace the top.
you are correct sir!!! the little clips should be brittle from age also,so carefully with the removal tool you will probably be able to crack them,with out damaging the trim