News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

73 Bench Seat Questions

Started by Beer, November 05, 2005, 10:07:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beer

Now that the dash is pretty much done, I plan on moving on to the seats this next time home.
From looking at The Paddock I am unsure of what I have and what to order...

As you can see there is no armrest (that pulls out), its a split bench.

Whats the difference between the deluxe upholstery (guessing has an armrest?) and the regular upholstery(I think that is what I have)?
Do the kits generally look like what you take off or are they more generic looking?

Does the headrest material come with the kit?

If anyone needs the gold material I am taking off (I am switching to black, and the back seat material is in decent shape other than needing a cleaning) all you have to do is cover the shipping and handling and its yours.
1973 Dodge Charger 402 Stroker Smallblock 414 HP/ 466 ft/lbs torque,  8 3/4" 3.91 Suregrip rear w/ DR. Diff disk brake conversion, CalTracs single leaf and Rear Suspension, VFN Bulge Hood, Running, needs interior completed, Had to give to Ex-Wife in divorce 2017...

ScottW

Keep the metal emblems from the seat covers, they are most likely not included. I have the latest Legendary catalog and it only shows "Split Bench" & "Split Bench w/Center Armrest". I would take that to mean you have the regular interior.

I don't know, but I would guess you will need to dye the headrests or get a decent used set.

I went to Paddock's website and I can't tell which you need either. Maybe it's worth a call.
1971 Dodge Charger SE 383 Magnum
1974 Dodge Charger SE 360/4v Sunroof

Beer

I just ordered the Legandry cat :)
From looking at their online store I think I have the DX...
Hope their cat has better pictures.
I am offshore so the call will have to wait till I get home :(

1973 Dodge Charger 402 Stroker Smallblock 414 HP/ 466 ft/lbs torque,  8 3/4" 3.91 Suregrip rear w/ DR. Diff disk brake conversion, CalTracs single leaf and Rear Suspension, VFN Bulge Hood, Running, needs interior completed, Had to give to Ex-Wife in divorce 2017...

ScottW

The part number in my catalog is - AA73CRXD020-100 (front/black) & AA72CRXD080-100 (rear/black).

As I look at those and other part numbers I wonder if that isn't a typo for the rears.

For the split bench the part numbers are AA73CRWX030(C) & AA73CRX080(C). The (C) is for the color code - 100 = black.

1971 Dodge Charger SE 383 Magnum
1974 Dodge Charger SE 360/4v Sunroof

Beer

Thanks ScottW
I will post what part #'s I end up with as well as a detailed thread with pics on how it went changing them out myself.
If anyone else has done it themselves i would be interested in seeing how it went for them. 

Cheers
Beer