News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Opinions on portable garages, you have one? In your garage? UPDATE!!!

Started by 1969chargerrtse, February 22, 2009, 05:50:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rp23g7

I have one of those portable garages too since i have moved and have no garage any longer, i was thinking of one of those capsules, but i drive my car in the winter, when its not snowy at least, so it would probably be counter productive sealing it up.  I do need a some tar paper or plywood or something for a floor though.  At least the heat from the exhaust and such keeps the bottom of the car pretty dry, when it sits after a drive.  The bottom is undercoated, but still have the typical rust starting on the lower rear quarters.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: rp23g7 on January 09, 2011, 08:29:31 PM
I have one of those portable garages too since i have moved and have no garage any longer, i was thinking of one of those capsules, but i drive my car in the winter, when its not snowy at least, so it would probably be counter productive sealing it up.  I do need a some tar paper or plywood or something for a floor though.  At least the heat from the exhaust and such keeps the bottom of the car pretty dry, when it sits after a drive.  The bottom is undercoated, but still have the typical rust starting on the lower rear quarters.
" i was thinking of one of those capsules, but i drive my car in the winter, "

That's the point of the AirChamber.  It stays up via tent poles.  You can leave the rear flap up and drive in and out as many times as you want.  When the day is humid you drop the rear flap, zip up the two sides and the fans move air through it and the car stays dry.
Scrowl down to # 80 post.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

miamivice

I got an airchamber as well about a year ago...after reading this post.  Love it!  :2thumbs:

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: miamivice on January 10, 2011, 12:15:32 AM
I got an airchamber as well about a year ago...after reading this post.  Love it!  :2thumbs:
Really?  Cool, was it still 850.00?
Don't be so excited to take your Charger for a ride that you back out of it before zipping up the rear flap like I did.  Oh, they duct tape up tears very well. :icon_smile_big:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Old Moparz

I know this is an old topic but I wanted to find out how the air chamber 1969chargerrtse bought has held up over the last couple of years.

So, has it held up?   (other than driving into it....lol)

Are you still using it?

I may get one later this year to help cut down on a mold issue due to dampness.   ::)
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus