News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Opinions on portable garages, you have one? In your garage? UPDATE!!!

Started by 1969chargerrtse, February 22, 2009, 05:50:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1969chargerrtse

Some more.  I hear it's supposed to rain tonight.  Bring it on.  You can drag the thing out of your garage should you need to, it's not heavy to move.  I have to scoot it over 6" or so to give a little more room next to the giant Honda.  So there sits my Charger with 2 small fans moving air through it. :2thumbs: :coolgleamA:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

69bronzeT5

Awesome! I need to get me one of those. My ceiling in my garage is the same as yours.
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Old Moparz

Nice.  :cheers:

If I do get one, there's no way I can hold back & not freak out the neighbors with it.  :D

I'll get out my Tyvek jumpsuit the painters use & rig up a phony respirator & put some of those hard shell, yellow plastic cases we use at work for the pipe lasers inside to make it look like a HAZMAT clean up.  :lol:
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Old Moparz on March 05, 2009, 11:42:48 PM
Nice.  :cheers:

If I do get one, there's no way I can hold back & not freak out the neighbors with it.  :D

I'll get out my Tyvek jumpsuit the painters use & rig up a phony respirator & put some of those hard shell, yellow plastic cases we use at work for the pipe lasers inside to make it look like a HAZMAT clean up.  :lol:
:hah:   :D   :shruggy:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

TUFCAT

When I saw your Charger parked inside it totally reminded me of "The Boy in The Plastic Bubble" movie - flashback to 1976.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: TUFCAT on March 06, 2009, 09:02:22 AM
When I saw your Charger parked inside it totally reminded me of "The Boy in The Plastic Bubble" movie - flashback to 1976.
Funny you say that. I sent out an email to family and friends, and in the subject area I put " Charger in a bubble?".

Charger_Fan

Looks like it should work nicely. I like the "don't door ding me" plywood, too. :2thumbs:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Mopar2Ya

That is kool. It's a bit pricey, but much less than a restoration. Those using ventless heat sources, keep in mind they vent moisture back into the heated area.  :2thumbs:

1970 Charger R/T
2006 GC SRT8

miamivice

that garage/bubble thing looks pretty cool, perfect solution for your needs :2thumbs:

how much extra space is there inside the bubble on the front/back?  (will it clear my General Lee pushbar that sticks out like 3 inches past the stock bumper? :P)

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: miamivice on March 06, 2009, 03:13:05 PM
that garage/bubble thing looks pretty cool, perfect solution for your needs :2thumbs:

how much extra space is there inside the bubble on the front/back?  (will it clear my General Lee pushbar that sticks out like 3 inches past the stock bumper? :P)

I got about a foot, front and rear clearance and 1 1/2 ' on each side.  I just get out, and walk out the back.  I use the side door to clean or work on the interior.
This morning was cold and damp.  My truck was soaking wet from what was in the air.  The Charger was bone dry.  :2thumbs:  To me worth every penny.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Charger_Fan on March 06, 2009, 02:22:24 PM
Looks like it should work nicely. I like the "don't door ding me" plywood, too. :2thumbs:
Yeah well..... My little guy opened the Pilot door into the rear 1/4 last year.  :brickwall:  My wife thought I was gonna drop dead right there.  I freaked out.  I just don't want them to keep rubbing the plastic with the car door and mark it up, or wear it weak.

Charger-Bodie

Its good to see that something worked out for you Rob!! Glad to hear it.

The "bubble" looks real Slick too. I lik it!  :2thumbs:
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: 1hot68 on March 07, 2009, 08:17:26 AM

The "bubble" looks real Slick too. I like it!  :2thumbs:
Hey thanks Brian.  :laugh:  You mean things like when for the very first time I opened my door and was leaning down to get something and when I went to close the door it was stuck because the sharp corner of the outside door handle cut right through the plastic of my 1 day old 875.00 storage bubble?  Stuff like that?  Oh Thanks. :2thumbs:

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on March 07, 2009, 11:44:26 AM

Hey thanks Brian.  :laugh:  You mean things like when for the very first time I opened my door and was leaning down to get something and when I went to close the door it was stuck because the sharp corner of the outside door handle cut right through the plastic of my 1 day old 875.00 storage bubble?  Stuff like that?  Oh Thanks. :2thumbs:

I guess I hadn't read about the cut. Sorry!.....You have REALLY bad luck.  :brickwall: Hopefully that's only temporary!
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

69_500

Rob do you ever have anything go exactly as planned? Just curious. Kinda like the look of the bubble, but for now I'll stick with just parking the car in the 3rd car bay, which is away from all of the other cars.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: 69_500 on March 07, 2009, 12:00:40 PM
Rob do you ever have anything go exactly as planned? Just curious. Kinda like the look of the bubble, but for now I'll stick with just parking the car in the 3rd car bay, which is away from all of the other cars.
Yes, many things do.  I just do a lot.  I just sprayed the ends of my dash and my steering shaft wth that special black swede color and that came out nice.  :icon_smile_wink:  Here are some more pictures.  I just ran a nice duct tape guard down the side.  No biggie.  :icon_smile_big:

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: 1hot68 on March 07, 2009, 11:51:57 AM
Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on March 07, 2009, 11:44:26 AM

I guess I hadn't read about the cut. Sorry!.....You have REALLY bad luck.  :brickwall: Hopefully that's only temporary!
I posted it after I read your nice comment.  I love the thing.  I feel now when it's zipped up it's dry and there is no dust or anything around it (filters ).  If I park it in there shiny and waxed, I'll bet anything a month later that's how it will look when I pull out.  No car cover needed. Also all the times the kids are in the garage or washing moms car and I have to keep telling them "don't spray the Charger".   I'd take a large dry garage any day, but It's a great fix if you don't have one.  No regrets, so far.  It's like it has a force field around it.   :hah:

TUFCAT

The giant entry door on the divers side is a bonus. Sorry about that cut. Maybe you can use a clear vinyl patch later on?

greatwn73

Question?   Are those bubbles watertight\proof on the bottom and how far up the side. Moisture (understatement) this year is a problem in my garage. Normally there is a little water under the main door during spring thaw but extra snow and above freezing during the day\-28 overnight has created a small lake inside my garage.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: greatwn73 on March 07, 2009, 01:13:01 PM
Question?   Are those bubbles watertight\proof on the bottom and how far up the side. Moisture (understatement) this year is a problem in my garage. Normally there is a little water under the main door during spring thaw but extra snow and above freezing during the day\-28 overnight has created a small lake inside my garage.
Look at the door open picture and the rear door open picture and you can see it's on the floor.  Wouldn't work in your situation.  I just have a moister issue on wet days.

1969chargerrtse

So today is one of those damp rainy days.  Here's moister trying to get to my baby.  :rotz:

69 OUR/TEA

Rob that looks like a nice idea!!!!!I did'nt read(or maybe I missed it),how much are those things,a couple hundred bucks or so????Would keep a car nice,clean and dust free!!!

Mopar2Ya

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on March 01, 2009, 09:07:43 PM
Never mind, they wrote me back.

http://www.airchamber-carcapsule.com/

I have a nice size tax return coming, so I'm buying it.  850.00 plus shipping.
I'll post pictures after I get it.

1970 Charger R/T
2006 GC SRT8

Charger_Fan

Quote from: greatwn73 on March 07, 2009, 01:13:01 PM
Looks like you need to dig a moat around your garage. :lol:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

StockMan

I get my car 'Rust checked'.  This rust preventative oil based material is excellent for stopping and preventing rust.  I have the same problem with moisture and with this stuff I see no rust.  The stuff can be purchased in a spray can or there are companies that spray it on as well.  There is also a wax based product that works well to.  If your car is exposed its a good idea to get some of this stuff on it, inside and out.