News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Custom bucket seat bracket fabrication question

Started by Chargeraddict, February 28, 2009, 08:14:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chargeraddict

Hey guys, I just picked up a set of leather buckets out of a newer car for my 68 Charger.. Im building brackets utilizing the old brackets and some new sheet metal. My question is I got 1/16 th guage metal to building the new seat bottom brackets out of, and im using a couple pieces of 1/8  flat bar to brace between the 2 outer brackets. Do you guys think the 1/16th metal will be strong enough? It really doesnt seem that flimsy, I decided not to do it all in 1/8th because of weight. Thanks for any info

colrmustang

Just my  :Twocents: on this, but I would drill holes for the seat to fit the car and function properly, then reinforce the holes on the bottom like Chrysler does in most of their cars. What car did the seats come out of?
1966 Dodge Charger 426 Hemi/727 Trans = Metal Repair Underway
Dallas, Texas

Chargeraddict

they are out of a blazer I think, they actually look pretty good in the car tho.. they are a bit narrower then the original bucket seat

colrmustang

If they have the flat rails like our cars did, then the "drill your own" mount is the easiest way to go. If they have the type that hook over a rail from the original car they were in, then you might have to get creative with sheet metal.
1966 Dodge Charger 426 Hemi/727 Trans = Metal Repair Underway
Dallas, Texas